Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Rim/tire size input needed, please

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/13, 04:19 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Bullitt 3309
Gonna look sexy when spring rolls around! Are you planning on sealing the rims? I plan on doing Opti-Seal then a coat of Collinite #845. Should make cleaning easier. I am also putting on near Slotted/drilled rotors with ceramic pads as well.
You know, I wanted to, but the rim itself is not smooth. It's actually textured. And this textured surface is on every part of the rim, black and machined. So I am worried that if I use a permanent clearcoat seal like opticoat on it, it may not flash correctly, leaving high spots galore... Thus ruining my rim permanently lol.

I figured I'd try not coating it... And seeing how that goes. Since I never get it dirty other than dust, it cleans up easy anyways.
Old 12/16/13, 08:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awwww man It looks like a monster truck now. I am probably the only one on this site that isn't a fan of these wheels. Sorry man . And it breaks my heart to say it, because i have had a crush on Marilyn for a long time now. When it comes down to it though, all that matters is that you like it. Glad to see that you are happy with it.
Old 12/16/13, 11:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Monster truck? Seriously? I don’t think so at all. From a practicality standpoint there has to be a little clearance between the tire and fender skirt.

I think it looks nice Burton! The only thing I would add is Roush front and side splitters. They give the car a more aggressive look and the illusion of being even lower to the ground. The side benefit is the side splitters help keep the trash off the sides of the car… Win-win in my mind.

John
Old 12/16/13, 11:52 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Tron
Awwww man It looks like a monster truck now. I am probably the only one on this site that isn't a fan of these wheels. Sorry man . And it breaks my heart to say it, because i have had a crush on Marilyn for a long time now. When it comes down to it though, all that matters is that you like it. Glad to see that you are happy with it.
LOL... Sean... Notice how I will now refer to you as the wrong-spelling Shawn

Kidding! No problem at all, no offense taken. Marilyn just happens to be gradually morphing into that aggressive, in your face lady. She just has REALLY high heels now. LOL.

As you know, "looks" are the most subjective of them all, and people will like them, and people will hate them. That's A-ok. However, as to the "monster truck" theme, I would assume that coencides with the 4x4 look right? Usually that is a result of the car's stock suspension, ergo the gap between the tire and fender, getting magnified (optically) due to the larger rim. In my case, I am lowered on K-springs (1.5" in the rear), so I would assume/hope that the 4x4/monster truck look doesn't apply to me . But then again, if you see it, I will defer to "personal preference".

I still love ya bro

Originally Posted by Horspla
Monster truck? Seriously? I don’t think so at all. From a practicality standpoint there has to be a little clearance between the tire and fender skirt.

I think it looks nice Burton! The only thing I would add is Roush front and side splitters. They give the car a more aggressive look and the illusion of being even lower to the ground. The side benefit is the side splitters help keep the trash off the sides of the car… Win-win in my mind.

John
John, thanks buddy. I will definitely look into the either the GT/CS front or Roush front next year. The Roush splitters have been something I've been meaning to get for a while now. Next year indeed.

But yes, thanks for the props on the new "look". I love those rims and ultra wide tires in the rear
Old 12/16/13, 12:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
LOL... Sean... Notice how I will now refer to you as the wrong-spelling Shawn

Kidding! No problem at all, no offense taken. Marilyn just happens to be gradually morphing into that aggressive, in your face lady. She just has REALLY high heels now. LOL.

As you know, "looks" are the most subjective of them all, and people will like them, and people will hate them. That's A-ok. However, as to the "monster truck" theme, I would assume that coencides with the 4x4 look right? Usually that is a result of the car's stock suspension, ergo the gap between the tire and fender, getting magnified (optically) due to the larger rim. In my case, I am lowered on K-springs (1.5" in the rear), so I would assume/hope that the 4x4/monster truck look doesn't apply to me . But then again, if you see it, I will defer to "personal preference".

I still love ya bro
Yeah you still my boy no matter what hahaaa. I guess its the 20"s that is just throwing me off. To me the car looks like it is considerably higher from the ground than your previous setup. It's all good. This is why the car "scene" is so great. So many different tastes keeps things interesting. Well done sir
Old 12/16/13, 04:51 PM
Banned

the golden question is -- can I fit 315's?

same springs, will have same wheels as Z to 5. I've been talking about switching to the Niche's for a while.

Got the fiancee's approval that next year I keep the Torq Thrusts for winter/**** weather, and run the Niche Milans in the summer (with taller tires, to save the car from bent wheels, as I'm about to replace a Torq-Thrust that is bent this week.)

Currently running a 255/35 295/30 Toyo Proxes 4-Plus combo on 20's w/ bad offsets. 34mm front, 32mm rear and the rears rub on my lowered car, on big bumps.

So i want to run 275/35's up front and 315/35 Nitto Invos on the Niches. Would they fit?
Old 12/16/13, 06:38 PM
V6 Member

Hey Danielle, 32mm on the rear.... Curious, are the rears flush, or do they stick out?
Old 12/16/13, 06:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tostang
Hey Danielle, 32mm on the rear.... Curious, are the rears flush, or do they stick out?
They must be right on the cusp, since with 295s they rubbed on big bumps, until enough side wall rubber wore away.
Old 12/16/13, 06:47 PM
V6 Member

That must've been a pi:: off, that they rubbed. Good luck with the Niche wheels!
Old 12/16/13, 07:44 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Gabe... Will I have rubbing with that wide a rear tho? I don't want to have to roll the fenders.

305's wont rub, I ran a 305/40R18 DR for 6k and didn't have a problem. This was on the stock 18x9.5 Shelby wheel though.
Old 12/16/13, 07:53 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by bob
305's wont rub, I ran a 305/40R18 DR for 6k and didn't have a problem. This was on the stock 18x9.5 Shelby wheel though.
Yeah from what I heard and discussed with several owners with similar setups, as well as the "experts" from the vendors galore, according to them 305 35 20s on 20x10s shouldn't rub, particularly with nittos since they're the narrowest 305s. Also this is with K springs. So I hope they don't. If they do rub some, oh well... I don't drag or track it, so hopefully not.
Old 12/16/13, 09:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by bob
what tire did you use?

I'm using Shelby 18x9.5 rims now and may just do that.
Old 12/17/13, 04:25 AM
I Have No Life

Here's a fair question to those of you out there:

If you are running 20" tires, and 305 wide, and are lowered, do you encounter any rubbing issues at all? What is your rear offset?

I will confirm again with my vendor today... I know I asked that before but now you guys are making me double check. Lol

Last edited by FromZto5; 12/17/13 at 04:26 AM.
Old 12/25/13, 02:54 PM
V6 Member

I have a question hopefully someone can help me. I want to buy a set of 20" forgestars they're 20x9 35mm offset fronts 20x10.5 40mm offset rears. Will these fit my 2011 mustang? I'm thinking they will stick out a little but that my guess? Can anybody help me
Old 12/26/13, 01:06 PM
I Have No Life

Here's a fair question to those of you out there: If you are running 20" tires, and 305 wide, and are lowered, do you encounter any rubbing issues at all? What is your rear offset? I will confirm again with my vendor today... I know I asked that before but now you guys are making me double check. Lol
I never came back and answered my own question... I verified from vendor and other users that there should be no rubbing. The stock bump stops should take care of sudden jolts. This is the case if the drop springs are nothing radical and are within 1.5" max (which my Ks are)

Originally Posted by alexg2006
I have a question hopefully someone can help me. I want to buy a set of 20" forgestars they're 20x9 35mm offset fronts 20x10.5 40mm offset rears. Will these fit my 2011 mustang? I'm thinking they will stick out a little but that my guess? Can anybody help me
Better experts can chime in here... But from what I've seen and ran across during my research, with a 40mm offset and 10.5s you should be sticking out a tad more than mine. Not too much, but I prefer flush.
Old 12/26/13, 04:13 PM
V6 Member

Ok thank you
Old 12/27/13, 07:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Better experts can chime in here... But from what I've seen and ran across during my research, with a 40mm offset and 10.5s you should be sticking out a tad more than mine. Not too much, but I prefer flush.

Correct the difference would be approx. a 1/4 inch. Offset is very important when it comes to proper fitment to little and the wheels stick out, too much and there set deeper in the wheel well.
Also want to point out that Z's wheels sit pretty flush but with his larger 305 tires they appear to sit slightly outside the edge of the wheel well. A smaller 295 would likely leave the wheel more flush or even slightly inside the edge of the wheel well. Nothing wrong with either one here, it all comes down to personal preference.
Old 12/27/13, 09:04 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Black Fire
Correct the difference would be approx. a 1/4 inch. Offset is very important when it comes to proper fitment to little and the wheels stick out, too much and there set deeper in the wheel well. Also want to point out that Z's wheels sit pretty flush but with his larger 305 tires they appear to sit slightly outside the edge of the wheel well. A smaller 295 would likely leave the wheel more flush or even slightly inside the edge of the wheel well. Nothing wrong with either one here, it all comes down to personal preference.
Bingo. Thanks for clarifying. Yes I could've gone with 295s, but I chose the 305s for primarily 3 reasons: wider grip, nitto dr 305s run narrowest of all 305 brands, and slightly more protection against (egad!!!) possible rim curbing.
Old 12/27/13, 09:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bingo. Thanks for clarifying. Yes I could've gone with 295s, but I chose the 305s for primarily 3 reasons: wider grip, nitto dr 305s run narrowest of all 305 brands, and slightly more protection against (egad!!!) possible rim curbing.
Rim curbing will never happen on your 305s. My 275s, I tilt the side mirrors and park 6" or more from the curb. My wheels on its side are higher than the tire.
Old 12/27/13, 05:43 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Nighthawk13
Rim curbing will never happen on your 305s. My 275s, I tilt the side mirrors and park 6" or more from the curb. My wheels on its side are higher than the tire.
Phil you have 275s on 10.5s right?

Quick Reply: Rim/tire size input needed, please