GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ugh.. I'm goning back to drinking.. it's less confusing... Haha

Last edited by voyager_1700; 10/5/11 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Why not
Old 10/5/11, 09:08 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by eliyarbrough
Yes, I connect it through Bluetooth. I have no idea what you mean by playing music through my phone? I don't ever really use my Sync.
I know my phone doesn't read my texts. It does have the TEXT button. I've pressed it, did nothing. What do I do with that button? Thanks!!
eliyarbrough -

The TEXT button is used to obtain metadata information (song, artist, album, & genre) for the specific track that is playing. For this to work you have to have an iPod or MP3 device connected via USB. Kona Blur, you're right! Like voice commands, this feature is not available when streaming music through Bluetooth audio. I hope this helps to clarify.

voyager_1700 -

I'll take a margarita, with an umbrella :-)

Jaclyn

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 10/5/11 at 10:38 AM.
Old 10/5/11, 07:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So maybe the original owner used an iPod or MP3 device? I have MP3's saved on a CD, but I have never hooked up anything. Thanks!
Old 10/7/11, 08:11 AM
GT Member

OK.. so I connect my iPhone to the USB.. Sync displayed INDEXING.. Then she YELLED at me !!!!.. Something about Tags, artist, albums and stuff.. I disconnected, and reconnected then TEXT displayed... Oh.. and now everything I start my car.. my car connects my iPhone via Bluetooth and starts iPod on my iPhone and kills my cell battery.. Ugh... I'm beginning to hate technology..
Old 10/7/11, 11:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This may be off this direct topic, however, I often play the GB of music I have on my iPhone via Bluetooth, but I find I have to reset the source settings every time I start the car. Is there not a way to set the source and keep it as default?
Old 10/7/11, 11:19 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mburnette
This may be off this direct topic, however, I often play the GB of music I have on my iPhone via Bluetooth, but I find I have to reset the source settings every time I start the car. Is there not a way to set the source and keep it as default?
I don't like how it cuts out now and than when listening that way, but that's a mute point since I loaded 100+ CDs on the hard drive now.
Old 10/8/11, 11:53 AM
V6 Member

The "TEXT" display is definitely for text messaging. Not all phones are compatible, obviously, but the bluetooth feature will detect a new or existing text message on the phone (since the last time it was connected to SYNC) once it reconnects the phone with SYNC. The easiest way to get rid of the TEXT display is to have SYNC read it, or just ignore the message altogether.
Old 10/8/11, 11:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by KGray571
The "TEXT" display is definitely for text messaging. Not all phones are compatible, obviously, but the bluetooth feature will detect a new or existing text message on the phone (since the last time it was connected to SYNC) once it reconnects the phone with SYNC. The easiest way to get rid of the TEXT display is to have SYNC read it, or just ignore the message altogether.
Nope, that's what the little envelope is for.
Old 10/10/11, 12:35 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Originally Posted by eliyarbrough
So maybe the original owner used an iPod or MP3 device? I have MP3's saved on a CD, but I have never hooked up anything. Thanks!
If the MP3's burned to a CD include meta data (artist, track, album, genre) then TEXT would display just the same.

Originally Posted by voyager_1700
OK.. so I connect my iPhone to the USB.. Sync displayed INDEXING.. Then she YELLED at me !!!!.. Something about Tags, artist, albums and stuff.. I disconnected, and reconnected then TEXT displayed... Oh.. and now everything I start my car.. my car connects my iPhone via Bluetooth and starts iPod on my iPhone and kills my cell battery.. Ugh... I'm beginning to hate technology..
Please PM me your VIN. I'd like to check for an update that may correct the issue you're having.

Originally Posted by KGray571
jaybertx is correct. A small envelope will appear in the corner of the radio display when you have a text message.

If anyone has any SYNC or navigation-related questions feel free to PM me.

Jaclyn
Old 10/10/11, 04:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks!! I can try & stop thinking of thinking it.