Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Problems with 6R80 tranny anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/13, 02:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Could be, you never know what may be going on nowadays. Its just hard to fathom that if the problems are as significant as the OP has said that nobody would acknowledge anything. But crazier things have happened I'm sure.

As far as posting on here, I'm just cynical about stuff on the internet. I've seen some crazy stuff on these forums through the years, the lengths some people will go to troll or get something started is amazing. May not be the case here, but as said above, crazier things have happened.
Well I agree anything is possible and should it be true I do hope the OP gets it taken care of. It would be most unfortunate. Perhaps the OP could take the car to a non Ford dealership of his choice and too get a diagnosis from another mechanic other than Ford. I'm sure another mechanic would be able to tell if something is wrong with it and what needs to be fixed.
Old 10/1/13, 03:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why'd the OP refuse Deysha's help?
Old 10/1/13, 04:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
Well, certainly could not speak on behalf of the OP but if I were to take a hypothesis, perhaps the OP is highly frustrated with how Ford and there employees have handled the situation. While surly Deysha was trying to be helpful , the OP is at his ends wits with getting the runaround with the Ford Corporation.

My guess, would be should the OP continue his quest on bringing a civil suit against Ford they will just buy the car back and be done with it. It very well may cost Ford thousands more in legal fees over the price of the buy back in order to fight it. It most likely will be more cost effective and cheaper to just buy back the car oppose to fighting it in court.

Ford is banking on someone not filing suit. In the end they will buy it back and be done with it should the OP continue with the law suit. Were not talking millions of dollars here. Were talking pennies on the dollar for the Ford Motor corporation to buy back a 25k car and be done with it.
Old 10/1/13, 07:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
If the OP can't prove there's something wrong with his car then he don't have an ice cubes' chance in hell of getting anything out of Ford. I've dealt with Ford factory reps and most of them are fairly intelligent.
Old 10/2/13, 04:27 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TheReaper
If the OP can't prove there's something wrong with his car then he don't have an ice cubes' chance in hell of getting anything out of Ford. I've dealt with Ford factory reps and most of them are fairly intelligent.
I agree and think having a mechanic or two from the OP's side to testify that there is something wrong with the cars transmission, is critical.
Old 10/2/13, 08:37 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Spasticdog
Thanks Deysha for offering your help but it's too little too late! Already filed lemon law buy back! Got car back today after 10 days in shop. Dealer has tried numerous times to fix but no go.Service manager told me and wife to just drive on highways and try to avoid stop and go traffic on side streets and blame my driving habits.That's all he's got! It's time for ford to step up and buy back my car!
I know you have helped lots of stang owners here and everyone is grateful but ford has not helped me one bit on solving my problems and they just need to take my problem back.Thanks again for trying to help
Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
Hi Mrsuitcase,

Once a case is turned over to legal, I'm unable to provide any additional assistance.

Deysha
Old 10/3/13, 08:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Listen all....

The engineer didn't say nothing was wrong with the car...he just said it was NORMAL UNDER FORD STANDARDS! HELL, I could make my own product with something wrong with it & say...hey, it's normal under my standards but that doesn't make it RIGHT! I've test drove 2 other stangs..a 2013 & 2014..smooth as glass so which is NORMAL?
Ford is just covering their *** that's all! All this jerking and popping on the tranny CANNOT BE NORMAL. I've never drove a car with a tranny that operates like this one, it's sloppy,jerks,pops,can't decide which gear it wants,hesitation...it's just crazy!
You all can think what you want! Ford knows this car is a lemon,they just don't want to fool with it! Ford customer service has done us wrong....they have been NO HELP whatsoever. We have a thick stack of printed emails to & from ford dated 5 months after we purchased the car til now.It seems like each time it was so called repaired it got worse.There is NO way in hell I would purchase another ford again after all this.
sh$#. I'm just tired of making payments on a piece of crap car that's under warranty & ford still will not fix it!
Ford is notorious for saying..." It's normal"...to cover their problems but that doesn't make it right! I believe ford told the engineer what to say before he even got there.If it was normal then why so many repairs? Ford wouldn't allow all these repairs if nothing was wrong..right? Like I said....think what you want, I have no reason to lie...I'm not doing this because I'm bored & I'm sure not doing this for my health.As far as money goes..I could pay off the car right now if I wanted but that's not the point.This has been going on for 2 years now, if I couldn't pay for the car it would be long gone by now.Bottom line is.... it's broke,they will not repair! I just want ford to take back this so called NORMAL car because to me Ford has turned into Fail!

Last edited by Spasticdog; 10/3/13 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10/4/13, 06:06 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When you drove the two other Mustang automatics, was the engineer or other Ford rep with you? I agree with you when you say its not "normal" if the other two drove smooth, yet yours pops, jerks, and is sloppy.

For the record, I have an automatic; just shy now of 54K. It's already had one flush (I don't believe in "lifetime" or 100K plus automatic transmission fluid), and I've not had any troubles with the tranny.

It simply may be time for a lawyer to get involved. It will cost you perhaps (sometimes when you win, the other side has to pay your costs). At the very least, it will releive your stress knowing you won.

Last edited by Bucko; 10/4/13 at 06:10 AM.
Old 10/4/13, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, the engineer would not ride in another stang. He was there to ride in my car only..go figure.We give all our info to the BBB for an arbitration. If that doesn't get anywhere we have a lawyer ready to go.We was told to go through these hoops before legal action, so that's what we're doing.
Even the service manager at the dealership said we had problems but his hands are tied with ford on any more repair attempts because they say it's normal by ford specs, which is just a way of saying the hell with you, live with it! He was in the car at same time the engineer was.Looks like ford just hopes we give up and forget but that's not going to happen. Ford has done us dirty & I have no use for them now.I love the mustang but after all of this I could never give them anymore of my business.Just a waiting game & time will tell.
Old 10/4/13, 09:33 PM
Cobra Member

Is it time for this to be ?
Attached Images  
Old 10/5/13, 01:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm running a 6R80 trans and love it and agree we shouldn't go on beating a dead horse (Ha!). But I would like to hear what the final resolution turns out to be between Spasticdog and Ford. I hope he will follow up and let us know how this turns out.

If it were me, I might press them for a great trade in deal for a newer, even cooler mustang, since they say there's nothing wrong with the trans!?!
Old 10/8/13, 10:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I too am interested in the outcome. I'd not like to see this thread closed just because it's against a Mustang. This is an open forum; those who are not interested can simply move onto the next thread/subject of interest.
Old 10/10/13, 12:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Bucko
I too am interested in the outcome. I'd not like to see this thread closed just because it's against a Mustang. This is an open forum; those who are not interested can simply move onto the next thread/subject of interest.
We will never know the outcome. I do know that the OP is not a Ford fan anymore.
Old 9/23/21, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spasticdog
Was just wondering if anyone else was having massive problems with their 6R80 automatic tranny. I have a 2011 V6 that's been in the shop 8 times and still not shifting correctly.Ford can't seem to solve my problem and I'm growing very tired of this. Solenoids and leadframe have been replaced, many shims in differential, flashed so much it feels raped. Waits to shift to 1st at take off popping rear end, clunks at stops, stalls at times.Many more problems with car but tranny is main problem. Not very fun to drive at all. Anyone else have this problem? About ready to file lemon law. ford reps have even been on my case but still no go. I'm just wondering if it can be fixed? Thanx for your feedback, Spasticdog
I have a 2013 V6 mustang convertible and I've had this problem since I bought the car in 2015. I've had so much crappy shifts it's ridiculous I've tuned it with bama I've tuned it with steeda you name it. I actually had the rear gears replaced because I thought that would help but it had nothing to do with it in the end it's the transmission. It's simply the worst transmission I've ever driven. And I still have the car so I've learned to deal with it to an extent I now have 119,000 mi and bought the car at 48,000 MI. I have a buddy who's a mechanic and he does transmission work and he drove it for me and he acknowledged there's a problem but recommended not doing anything if it's been working so you just have to deal with crappy driving. Makes me think twice about buying another Ford though. Ever place everything from the throttle body to the gears to the cold air intake to the tunes I've done everything but the transmission. Pulling the negative battery fixes it for a brief time. Putting 93 octane in makes the engine run a little smoother with the shifts believe it or not but I shouldn't have to do that stuff and it doesn't even last long.

Last edited by GrabberBlueGuy; 9/23/21 at 11:30 AM.