Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Problems with 6R80 tranny anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/13, 06:55 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spasticdog
It wouldn't bother me if the learning process was done away with all together. I rather learn a car myself than have a car learn me.
Same here, that's why mine has a manual transmission.

If it makes you feel any better, well it's the MT-82.
Old 9/8/13, 07:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I had a similar issue with a vw gti when the 1.8 turbo 4 cyl 20v came out. When it ran, I loved it it went through 2 turbos and a bunch of other parts in the 14 months I owned it. It spent 45 days in the shop during that 14 months of ownership. I tried going through the manufacturer and dealer and finally gave up and traded it in. I couldn't afford an attorney and was tired of the heart ache on of my dream cars caused me. I understand your anger and good luck to you in the process.
Old 9/8/13, 09:59 PM

Thank You! By no means am I here to whine, put down anyone or trash talk ford products!
The problem with me is that ford will not honor that warrant on my car.If it's not right fix it. Easy as that but sometimes it does work that way.
I apologize for crowding you together with many Ford bashing idiots I've heard from. You seem rational and do know how suppliers and everything works . It sucks that they are trying to pawn you off. I haven't read the whole thread, but are there any other dealers you can go to?
Old 9/9/13, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hydro1
I apologize for crowding you together with many Ford bashing idiots I've heard from. You seem rational and do know how suppliers and everything works . It sucks that they are trying to pawn you off. I haven't read the whole thread, but are there any other dealers you can go to?
Thanks & Yes,one more a few miles away but I think 2 different dealerships 8 different times is sufficient enough. I'm just tired of messing with it. You know after awhile you just say the hell with it & that's about where I'm at now.
This car has been patched and patched again with patches on the patches, not a very reliable car and definitely not a keeper.If everything goes bad and I don't get the buyback I'll just take my losses and consider it lesson learned. Ford has just left me with a sour taste in my mouth with all the runaround and lack of professionalism.I really feel for the next owner but hey, I've done my time with it.Were ever it ends up if the person contacts me before buying...ha...they gonna run like hell when I get done with em!!!!! And if you ever see a race red 2011 v6 stang for sale....just pass on it cause it just might be this one. PEACE
Old 9/10/13, 09:15 AM

Mine burned out the mechatronic assembly apparently. Went apes**t on the highway switching between manual, sport, and normal mode all the time. Ford replaced the parts, took a week and a half, but so far so good. Have the usual drop down to first when stopping at a light, but easily managed. Aside from that, just the usual complaints about adaptive shifting, etc. Nothing major since the M.A.
Fingers crossed.
Old 9/10/13, 11:26 AM

I found this earlier and possibly could be some of my problems:

FORD MUSTANG:ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SOFTWARE

FORD MUSTANG 2011 Safety Report #AS-21769
FORD MUSTANG 2011 technical service bulletin was issued Mar 01, 2011.FORD MUSTANG 2011 had a failed ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SOFTWARE . FORD: IF THERE IS AN INTERMITTENT LACK OF POWER, SURGE, OR HESITATION WHILE DRIVING THE BRAKES WILL OVERRIDE ACCELERATION. *RM .

This makes since to me with some problems I'm having. When I let off brakes at takeoff to step on gas the brakes could be still be engaged causing the tranny bump and then poping rear end.It does hesitate sometimes or even surges with brakes held down. I can't believe the dealerships haven't said something about this after 2 years!!!! It even explains the data logger results of accelerator and brake pedals pressed at same time(brake over accelerator) 97 times since last reset which they said I did on purpose..they called abuse! I'm gonna arrange to talk to service manager of another ford dealership nearby to see if this is possible. Any input or takers on this? Could this actually be most of my problems? It brings up no codes what so ever so who knows?
Old 9/10/13, 11:54 AM

I found this earlier and possibly could be some of my problems:

FORD MUSTANG:ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SOFTWARE

FORD MUSTANG 2011 Safety Report #AS-21769
FORD MUSTANG 2011 technical service bulletin was issued Mar 01, 2011.FORD MUSTANG 2011 had a failed ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SOFTWARE . FORD: IF THERE IS AN INTERMITTENT LACK OF POWER, SURGE, OR HESITATION WHILE DRIVING THE BRAKES WILL OVERRIDE ACCELERATION. *RM .

This makes since to me with some problems I'm having. When I let off brakes at takeoff to step on gas the brakes could be still be engaged causing the tranny bump and then poping rear end.It does hesitate sometimes or even surges with brakes held down. I can't believe the dealerships haven't said something about this after 2 years!!!! It even explains the data logger results of accelerator and brake pedals pressed at same time(brake over accelerator) 97 times since last reset which they said I did on purpose..they called abuse! I'm gonna arrange to talk to service manager of another ford dealership nearby to see if this is possible. Any input or takers on this? Could this actually be most of my problems? It brings up no codes what so ever so who knows?

I am not surprised the dealership did not pick up on this. I had to do my own research on an issue I was having with my 2011 Explorer transmission (completely different problem). I took it into the dealership, they found nothing, but they flashed the computer for a new transmission profile. We let it go for a while and the problem recurred. I researched, found the applicable TSB, took it back in with a printout of the TSB, the tech drove it and finally noticed the issue. They then followed the solution directive and the transmission has been fine ever since. If *I* had not taken the TSB in myself, I doubt it ever would have been properly fixed no matter how many times I brought it in.

In the interest of fairness, I had a similar experience with GM on a Sunfire many years ago... dealing with a flaky oil pressure regulator that caused the valves to randomly 'float' and make the engine stall... I had to to hunt down the TSB on that one, too...
Old 9/10/13, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Strayshot
I am not surprised the dealership did not pick up on this. I had to do my own research on an issue I was having with my 2011 Explorer transmission (completely different problem). I took it into the dealership, they found nothing, but they flashed the computer for a new transmission profile. We let it go for a while and the problem recurred. I researched, found the applicable TSB, took it back in with a printout of the TSB, the tech drove it and finally noticed the issue. They then followed the solution directive and the transmission has been fine ever since. If *I* had not taken the TSB in myself, I doubt it ever would have been properly fixed no matter how many times I brought it in.

In the interest of fairness, I had a similar experience with GM on a Sunfire many years ago... dealing with a flaky oil pressure regulator that caused the valves to randomly 'float' and make the engine stall... I had to to hunt down the TSB on that one, too...
That's how we have been through this whole process! With both dealerships.We've taken in TSB's on everything we've had done except for 2 things & we've had a lot of repairs.They hate that but if they would do their jobs I wouldn't have to! It's sad to have to try to solve your own problems when they are trained for that purpose! You know....how hard is it to look up TSB's on computer when they have direct access? I think a lot of it is laziness or just don't care! Anyway like the saying goes.....it you want it done right, do it yourself. GOTTA LUV IT!

Last edited by Spasticdog; 9/10/13 at 01:30 PM.
Old 9/11/13, 12:51 PM

I hope it fixes it for you.. Keep us updated.
Old 9/12/13, 06:07 PM

No fix...service manager said no way brakes are overriding the accelerator. LOL....and he said if it did it was normal operation. He said tranny jerking and differential pops was normal tooooooo by ford standards. I asked him if his ford jerked and popped like mine....no answer! Asked him about the hesitation and surges....normal by ford standards....I just don't get it! This is the craziest bullsh** I've ever seen. I give up!

Other news....ford turned down buyback..which didn't surprise me one bit. Now it's time for the lawyer to take over. We give 'em a chance so time will tell.
Old 9/20/13, 11:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
No fix...service manager said no way brakes are overriding the accelerator. LOL....and he said if it did it was normal operation. He said tranny jerking and differential pops was normal tooooooo by ford standards. I asked him if his ford jerked and popped like mine....no answer! Asked him about the hesitation and surges....normal by ford standards....I just don't get it! This is the craziest bullsh** I've ever seen. I give up!

Other news....ford turned down buyback..which didn't surprise me one bit. Now it's time for the lawyer to take over. We give 'em a chance so time will tell.
Sure sounds like your AdvanceTrac is coming on when it shouldn't be. I found this at the SVT Performance site:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...e-driving.html

Hope you get the issue sorted out.

John
Old 9/22/13, 12:35 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 600 Likes on 431 Posts
Originally Posted by Horspla
Sure sounds like your AdvanceTrac is coming on when it shouldn't be. I found this at the SVT Performance site:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...e-driving.html

Hope you get the issue sorted out.

John
I actually had that happen on my 500 once. I was going to a show and stopped to get gas very early in the morning. A guy at the pumps egged me on to "light"em up" when I left. I succumbed to the pressure and when I pulled out of the place I stood on it in 1st gear (didn't touch the advacetrac/trac control button, forgot about it). It went up in smoke in 1st, I snatched it down into 2nd and it went up in smoke again and bounced off the limiter.

However, the rear brakes kept on surging and trying to apply even after I let off, just a grinding sickening sound and feel, I freaked out and turned the TC off and it quit immediately.
Old 9/22/13, 02:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Being in customer service I know exactly where the OP is coming from. And as such it looks like you got trapped in the worst hole of them all; a fundamental defective or questionable part but setup in a system designed to 'minimize cost' as much as possible.

The car needs to go and this behavior is very indicative of not just Ford but really any human that just can't deliver on a promise, the system failed and rather than admit failure it's easier just to blame away and walk away.
Old 9/24/13, 04:33 PM

Well, here's an update on the stang......

Wife sent Ford a certified letter wanting a buy back a few days ago. Rep called from Ford today saying by law they get one more shot at repairing it. An engineer is coming Fri. to look at the car...which should of been done long,long,long ago.If they repair it... great! but if not they can have it back. It's pitiful to have to take legal action just to get someone that might know what he or she is doing to look at the car but hey.....it got someones attention.Will update as thing progress.
Old 9/25/13, 04:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Good luck and keep us posted. This could affect more folks.
Old 9/26/13, 08:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
what is the latest?

good lord it sounds like you should never take the car back to this dealer EVER AGAIN. Even if you have to drive 45 minutes away, avoid this dealer at all costs. What is the name of the dealer, and what location? This must be publicly known! Threaten to post a bad review of them on google.

Last edited by Coyote5-0; 9/26/13 at 08:56 AM.
Old 9/30/13, 08:33 PM

Here's update....

Engineer showed Fri. afternoon. Rode in car with laptop collecting data.He felt jerking and clunking from tranny, rear end poping & all the other crazy sh## this car does. He decided it was all in normal specs by ford & normal operation of this tranny! BULLSH##!
If this is normal by ford standards then ford's quality has gone to hell in a hand basket!

He said he had to look at all the data that was collected and make a report.I can guess how this is gonna turn out.
Ford has until Thurs. to make a decision because it will be 10 days since they received certified letter for buyback.BBB is next in line then legal action if needed..... I'm not backing down!

Will update.....wish me luck!
Old 10/1/13, 12:53 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Here's update....

Engineer showed Fri. afternoon. Rode in car with laptop collecting data.He felt jerking and clunking from tranny, rear end poping & all the other crazy sh## this car does. He decided it was all in normal specs by ford & normal operation of this tranny! BULLSH##!
If this is normal by ford standards then ford's quality has gone to hell in a hand basket!

He said he had to look at all the data that was collected and make a report.I can guess how this is gonna turn out.
Ford has until Thurs. to make a decision because it will be 10 days since they received certified letter for buyback.BBB is next in line then legal action if needed..... I'm not backing down!

Will update.....wish me luck!
I really have wanted to go along with you from the beginning, but at this point I feel like we're being trolled, or you are very dramatic and looking for a way out of something you got into and couldn't fulfill your obligations (ie bit off more than you could pay for). If a Ford engineer rode in the car and felt all of the horrible things that you claim to be happening, but said it was normal, something is wrong. Either he is completely incompetent or being silenced by the company, OR, you are either full of **** or the most hard to satisfy person on the planet.
Old 10/1/13, 09:04 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I really have wanted to go along with you from the beginning, but at this point I feel like we're being trolled, or you are very dramatic and looking for a way out of something you got into and couldn't fulfill your obligations (ie bit off more than you could pay for). If a Ford engineer rode in the car and felt all of the horrible things that you claim to be happening, but said it was normal, something is wrong. Either he is completely incompetent or being silenced by the company, OR, you are either full of **** or the most hard to satisfy person on the planet.
My bet would be the engineer is being silenced by the company because Ford doesn't want to buy it back. Why would the OP lie on the forum? What advantage does he have in doing that? What power and influence does this forum have in getting Ford to buy back the OP's car?
Old 10/1/13, 11:51 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
My bet would be the engineer is being silenced by the company because Ford doesn't want to buy it back. Why would the OP lie on the forum? What advantage does he have in doing that? What power and influence does this forum have in getting Ford to buy back the OP's car?
Could be, you never know what may be going on nowadays. Its just hard to fathom that if the problems are as significant as the OP has said that nobody would acknowledge anything. But crazier things have happened I'm sure.

As far as posting on here, I'm just cynical about stuff on the internet. I've seen some crazy stuff on these forums through the years, the lengths some people will go to troll or get something started is amazing. May not be the case here, but as said above, crazier things have happened.

Quick Reply: Problems with 6R80 tranny anyone?