2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Possible delay news ?

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/10, 08:30 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This whole section of the forum is getting lambasted with people worrying why their car is taking 2-3 days longer than the ETA and having a whining fit about it.
I am not freaking out I am *****ing about how Ford is handling the situation.
And that five weeks is plenty of time to fix and ship a **** car.
There is a difference.

Also no one is twisting your arm to read the thread.
Old 5/19/10, 08:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Okay 5 weeks after it was built is ridiculous. However, I think there needs to be a new section of the site just for Order info/speculation/rants. So all you guys can hang out and hold each other's hands!
Old 5/19/10, 08:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
I was told by an insider on allformustang my car is In Transit Received - 2e32 (Oakwood Transport ) Ramp 7M, Toronto, ON May-19-2010, 15:38 ET Jun-02-2010.

So mine is not on hold.
Hope everything works out good for you Joe. I'm thinking of calling Paul and telling him to drop my car off in To, so it would be closer for me to pick it up than Rochester. Just a taught.
Old 5/19/10, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
While I understand your frustration, I also have to say you knew what was going on, especially being a forum member, and you took that risk. It could be any number of things; your dealer, build date, location, etc. that's holding it back. I don't know. It's just getting ridiculous when more and more of these freak-out threads are popping up.
These freak-out threads fill the time and give us something to do. Once my car gets here, I won't be sitting in front of this keyboard. That's how this all stops.
Old 5/19/10, 08:43 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mfbris
Also no one is twisting your arm to read the thread.
And you're not going to die for not getting your car. Find a hobby, relax, it'll get there soon.
Old 5/19/10, 08:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
And you're not going to die for not getting your car. Find a hobby, relax, it'll get there soon.
Haha go tug the root or somethin!
Old 5/19/10, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by mfbris
2 or 3 days ?
Would have been fine with that.

Going on five weeks for me.
I think that is plenty of time to ship a **** car less than 400 miles.
Same with me. My original ETA was 4/23, for a car that was "done" being built on 4/13.
Old 5/19/10, 08:49 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laserred38
Haha go tug the root or somethin!
LOL. I was thinking some people should look into needlepoint or crochet. Really helps calm the nerves down.
Old 5/19/10, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Hope everything works out good for you Joe. I'm thinking of calling Paul and telling him to drop my car off in To, so it would be closer for me to pick it up than Rochester. Just a taught.
Hey Dan, I'm just outside of TO, I ordered my GT in London Ontario, it was built May 4th and released May 8th, ETA on the 14th. I'm going to have to do some more tracking at work tomorrow as that's all I've heard. Tabar...k, lol.

Where abouts in Quebec are you. We race in St. Eustache, Circuit Villeneuve and GP3R. We lost our star driver Andrew Ranger, he's moved on to the Nascar K&N Pro East Series this year, hopefully he's still going to do a handfull of races for us in the 27 car in our Nascar Canadian Tire Series. We had Jacques Villeneuve in our 7 car for a few races last year, hopefully he'll come back and do some, likewise with Miguel Duhamel. Who knows maybe Carpentier, he drove the 88 car for us a few years back as well.

Maybe we can meet, I'll throw the Mustang in the race hauler and we can compare ET's one night in St. Eustache, that's after I take care of my brother-in-laws Camaro.

Anyway's hope we get our toys before the summer ends???

Randy.
Old 5/19/10, 09:09 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by RoadRanger27
Hey Dan, I'm just outside of TO, I ordered my GT in London Ontario, it was built May 4th and released May 8th, ETA on the 14th. I'm going to have to do some more tracking at work tomorrow as that's all I've heard. Tabar...k, lol.

Where abouts in Quebec are you. We race in St. Eustache, Circuit Villeneuve and GP3R. We lost our star driver Andrew Ranger, he's moved on to the Nascar K&N Pro East Series this year, hopefully he's still going to do a handfull of races for us in the 27 car in our Nascar Canadian Tire Series. We had Jacques Villeneuve in our 7 car for a few races last year, hopefully he'll come back and do some, likewise with Miguel Duhamel. Who knows maybe Carpentier, he drove the 88 car for us a few years back as well.

Maybe we can meet, I'll throw the Mustang in the race hauler and we can compare ET's one night in St. Eustache, that's after I take care of my brother-in-laws Camaro.

Randy.
Sigh. I wish Champ Car was still around for Ranger to be racing in. The Force is strong in that one.
Old 5/19/10, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Sigh. I wish Champ Car was still around for Ranger to be racing in. The Force is strong in that one.
ya, I hear ya PT, but I think this is best for Andrew, he's right down there in Stock Car Country now, he'll be driving the #35 Waste Management car that Steve Parks drove last year, it's good equipment, I think it finished 5th in the points last year and he stands a lot better chance of getting recognized by one of the big teams down there, even though he did finish 3'rd behind Edwards & Ambrose last year in the Montreal Nationwide race. Roudy Busch couldn't get by him, I really enjoyed seeing that

Hey Tagliani is doing awesome in the IZOD Indy series, he was 2'nd fasted today in practice!
Old 5/19/10, 11:38 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by RoadRanger27
ya, I hear ya PT, but I think this is best for Andrew, he's right down there in Stock Car Country now, he'll be driving the #35 Waste Management car that Steve Parks drove last year, it's good equipment, I think it finished 5th in the points last year and he stands a lot better chance of getting recognized by one of the big teams down there, even though he did finish 3'rd behind Edwards & Ambrose last year in the Montreal Nationwide race. Roudy Busch couldn't get by him, I really enjoyed seeing that

Hey Tagliani is doing awesome in the IZOD Indy series, he was 2'nd fasted today in practice!
I'm glad Andrew (clearly) landed on his feet. I'm not a fan of N(C)ASCAR, so I haven't been following his progress very closely. I do know that he's done very well.

I won't follow IZOD until the last of Tony's management people are gone from the series. That whole debacle never should have happened. In 93-95 the series was very close to rivaling F1 in a number of ways, and Tony played a major role in ruining that.

I find it so ironic that only now is the series looking at making changes that MAY get it to where Champ Car was only a few years ago. None of this should have happened, and I can't/won't support the people that had a hand in that.

Bitter much? Yep. I could still be looking at this... (pic taken outside the Bell Centre)

Or this... (Tremblant 2007)

Last edited by PTRocks; 5/19/10 at 11:49 PM.
Old 5/19/10, 11:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Evolution Performance
From what I was told they ran out of A-Pillar Trim panels and the Vendor won't have supply ready to ship for two weeks.... I'm pretty sure the Vendor is located in Virginia...
A-Pillar would be different for GT's and V6? if A-pillar is case,wouldn't all mustangs be stopped?

Originally Posted by Lancel
We should make a post dedicated to all hold reasons and give prizes to the most ridiculous. I will start.

All GTs are on hold. Somehow an ancient cache of 5.0L engines from the 80s was discovered at the old engine factory and were accidentally shipped instead of the new 5.0L engines, which were then accidentally installed in several hundred Mustang GTs before Quality Control found out that these were the wrong 5.0L engines. The QC people discovered this when the engine exploded as it approached 7000 RPM, killing a hood and two birds hanging on a power line at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Conflicting reports say the two birds were hit with the same piston rod.

All Mustangs are on hold while they await a shipment of the new 5.0L engines and replace the incorrect engines.

Also, Jokerstars' Mustang was the one that exploded. Sorry mate.
please please please...tell me they also have some 85 5.0 Verts left over for sale...me loves me some "four eyed pride"

Old 5/20/10, 05:43 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
I'm glad Andrew (clearly) landed on his feet. I'm not a fan of N(C)ASCAR, so I haven't been following his progress very closely. I do know that he's done very well.

I won't follow IZOD until the last of Tony's management people are gone from the series. That whole debacle never should have happened. In 93-95 the series was very close to rivaling F1 in a number of ways, and Tony played a major role in ruining that.

I find it so ironic that only now is the series looking at making changes that MAY get it to where Champ Car was only a few years ago. None of this should have happened, and I can't/won't support the people that had a hand in that.

Bitter much? Yep. I could still be looking at this... (pic taken outside the Bell Centre)

Or this... (Tremblant 2007)
I imagine the Cosworth folks could have a little fun toying around with the new 5.0
Old 5/20/10, 05:49 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Tyrrell-Ford P34
I imagine the Cosworth folks could have a little fun toying around with the new 5.0
I imagine they would have a lot of fun. I really loved the sound of the XF/XFE, particularly before the rev limit was imposed for engine longevity.
Old 5/20/10, 06:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Evolution Performance
From what I was told they ran out of A-Pillar Trim panels and the Vendor won't have supply ready to ship for two weeks.... I'm pretty sure the Vendor is located in Virginia...
LMFAO... how can something this stupid happen?!?!?

Ford: Vendor, we'd like about 15,000 A-pillar panels to start
Vendor: Sure thing, Ford! Will do. It's just some plastic that we mold in color
Ford: Great, we'll need those starting in March/April
Vendor: No problem.

(time passes)

Ford: Hey, vendor, where are those a-pillar panels?
Vendor: Huh? You said March/April.
Ford: It's MAY!
Vendor: These are for the 2011's, right? It's only 2010.
Ford: Uh, yeah.

(meanwhile, back at corporate)

Mustang engineer: Sir, we have a bit of a production problem
Pointy haired boss: What's the problem? We're building cars.
Mustang engineer: Sir, we ran out of a-pillar panels
Pointy haired boss: No problem. We have plenty of storage. Just build the cars and park them and when the vendor makes the parts we'll go snap them in with temp labor
Mustang engineer: That could take WEEKS!
Pointy haired boss: I already have mine. So?
Old 5/20/10, 06:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here is the latest according to AllFord Mustangs site:

Quote:

Hey everyone, first post. I know it's been covered but I figured i'd put my 2 cents in. Spoke to a field Rep today. They said there were 3000 units on Quality control hold. Couldn't elaborate but said it wasn't major and estimated release was 5/28. I work at a FLM dealership & we have already received 2 v6's & 2 CS's. Have one on order since Feb. Build date was 4/28, released from plant 5/10, sitting on ramp 51 with the rest of them. Impatiently waiting. I will say, I did drive the CS and the 5.0 is definitely worth waiting for.

I'd also like to add that the sales manager warned me months ago about the retail units being the last to be released. Said Ford likes to get the stock units out first to work out the quirks.He wasn't surprised at all by all the delays. Just adding info for what it's worth.

Steve
2011 gt sterling grey, Brembo, 3.73. Glass roof. Comfort package, Rear camera, 6spd std.
Old 5/20/10, 06:38 PM
Cobra R Member

I saw that Dan. Not buying it. What I think is happening is there ARE cars that are being held (perhaps the missing a-pillar trim) but the lot is FULL of cars because of the backlog in shipping and the lack of a stop on the production line. So they're temporarily making space for the cars coming off the line at AAI by moving produced cars off site only to move everything back again when the appropriate shipper can come and get them and move them to rail or truck.
Old 5/20/10, 07:13 PM
GT Member

Old 5/20/10, 08:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
I saw that Dan. Not buying it. What I think is happening is there ARE cars that are being held (perhaps the missing a-pillar trim) but the lot is FULL of cars because of the backlog in shipping and the lack of a stop on the production line. So they're temporarily making space for the cars coming off the line at AAI by moving produced cars off site only to move everything back again when the appropriate shipper can come and get them and move them to rail or truck.
I can only see the chaos over there at the plant where all the built cars are parked. One giant puzzle.
I'll let them figure it out.