Sponsored By:

From Popeye the Sailor Man!!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/4/11, 08:09 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
More from Popeye

SPRINGFIELD FORD,,,,, 2 autos, one manual. All three cars were confirmed to be bone stock. One block is actually cracked. I don't care if you a holes believe it or not but it is very real. Job 2 cars are not showing up due to more fuel being added to that bank.
Here we go again... you can't play with the mixture (or timing) of one cylinder or one bank or you would destroy the balance - esp cranking to 7000 rpm!!

Are there any mechanics left on these forums??

Last edited by cdynaco; 8/4/11 at 08:24 PM.
Old 8/4/11, 08:16 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

Are there any mechanics left on these forums??
No, but a few people did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Old 8/4/11, 08:26 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you imagine... Ford blue printing and balancing the engine so it (smoothly) revs ***** out to 7k... all cam lobes the same profile... intake runners equal length...

then some dweeb **** wannabe tuners say "hey... let's lean injector #8 and richen #4... and let's spark retard #5 and advance #1... then let's tweak the ECU to tell the TiVCT to retard the valve timing on the left bank and advance the heck out of the overlap on the right bank...... after all we can adjust anything we want right? Heck, we could revolutionize NASCAR wiff our thinkin' outside the box!!"

KA-BOOM!!!

Last edited by cdynaco; 8/4/11 at 08:37 PM.
Old 8/5/11, 04:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The tuner was Lund who says these cars are at the dealers and its right out his back door.
So the guy who posted this must have gotten the info from him.
Old 8/5/11, 05:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Another statement from AFM

engineer actually was telling me about a 3 degree threshold that is in the factory tune, something about the intake runner design, he did say not a flaw though, that #8 is always hotter and that tuners didn't compensate.

Last edited by RedCandy5.0; 8/5/11 at 09:08 AM.
Old 8/5/11, 09:08 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Here is a thought from S197

Just adding my .02. I know in a previous thread it was said that all the failed pistons "appear" to be damaged in the same spot, thus giving some credit to a piston problem. But this is highly unlikely because it is only the #8 cyl. Now the "tune" finger pointing has some credit as there have been rumors of stock cars failing but no owners have stepped up. The boosted cars have been ok because of more fuel and less timing. So considering all what we do know my theory is this, the tunes that are having problems are the ones using global spark and fuel trims. There is not a factory "defect" as much as a factory weak point in the cooling of the #8 cyl as in the 03 cobras. In stock trim the car operates and performs as it should for 100k miles under warranty. When using global tuning the #8 cyl gets hotter than all the rest. If by design it runs hotter and receives the same amount of fuel with global tuning, minor detonation will occur which over time leads to failure. This could be compounded by a specific "hot spot" in the cyl wall because of less cooling (by design) thus making all the failures appear visually similar. For my theory data logging wouldn't be much help unless you can pin point a specific cyl to look at. I also wonder if anyone has checked the temp of the #8 cyl header tube to see if it is any hotter after spirited driving. If this is the case then Ford is in no way responsible to fix a "weak" point found with a tuned car. It would be on us as mod enthusiast to design something better to suit our needs. It would be no different the a 3V owner crying Ford won't replace my rods after I installed a SC and 12 lbs of boost. Again guys it's just 1 man's theory to consider.
Old 8/5/11, 03:36 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a thought from S197
consider.
Not sure why you feel the need to post anything resembling a negative post from every forum to every other forum.

Just drive your car and have fun or trade it for a boring sub 200HP car if you want something that will probably be more reliable in the long run.
Old 8/5/11, 09:02 PM
GT Member

Another statement from AFM

engineer actually was telling me about a 3 degree threshold that is in the factory tune, something about the intake runner design, he did say not a flaw though, that #8 is always hotter and that tuners didn't compensate.
dude,
you need to stop, right now i am following 9 mustang / ford forums. you are turning into a bigger **** than jmatero he at least is not starting threads everywhere to say the sky is falling.

you have linked more miss-information back and forth between sites to get you banned from all of them..

beers
Old 8/8/11, 06:45 PM
GT Member

I'm very curious as to what your agenda is. You constantly spam mustang forums with this #8 bs. None of your "threads" have turned out to be true, including this one. Do you not have anything else to contribute?