Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Pay for Oil Change

Search this Thread

Old 2/15/14, 09:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by southcarolina12
it really depends. a lot of local places have to use different stuff to compete with the express lube type business. its not that that oil at express lube type places will hurt your engine or anything but i just dont like recycled oil. they take the used oil that comes out of cars and refine it and remove and replace the additives and repackage it. a lot of the cheap and generic brand oil you buy at auto parts stores is recycled oil too.
I really appreciate your insight and taking time to educate me. When you say generic brand oil would that be like Wal Mart's Super Tech oils. Is their synthetic oil from Super Tech recycled oil?
Old 2/15/14, 10:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
I really appreciate your insight and taking time to educate me. When you say generic brand oil would that be like Wal Mart's Super Tech oils. Is their synthetic oil from Super Tech recycled oil?
yeah like walmarts store brands and advance auto store brands that type of brands. normally they will say re-refined on the back somewhere if they are.
Old 2/18/14, 09:09 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Last1
Hate to make a complaint thread, but took the GT to get the first oil change at 4500. Surprise surprise, ended up paying for it. My last 2 cars were new, as is my wife's 2013 Beetle and we never had to pay for an oil change while under warranty. I think that free oil changes should come with the purchase of a 40k car. I know many people change their own oil, but because of where I live I am unable to do this. Love my car and this is just a minor irritation.
Price tag for oil change, tire rotation at All American Ford in Old Bridge NJ was just shy of $80. I was like what the...?? This is where I bought the vehicle. I won't be going there again as I was clearly ripped off. Nice customer service and great way to show that you value your customers.
Originally Posted by exchallenger
I take my stang to the dealer for oil changes. Too lazy to do it myself anymore and while I trust the Jiffy Lube guys to do it right (they're actually pretty good), I figure the Ford mechanic may see something off since that's all he works on.
Originally Posted by wanted33
Same here brother.
Last1, I would have a talk with your sales person. Maybe they can help you on the next one. I've always got the first change free.
Originally Posted by wanted33
Go to the Ford Owners web site. Under coupons/rebates you will find "The Work" package coupon. It's Oil, filter, rotation, multi-point inspection for $39.95. Print it off, and take it to the service folks.
Hello members,

As wanted33 mentioned, be sure to check out our coupons here before your next service appointment.

Deysha
Old 3/25/14, 05:16 PM
V6 Member

The time i have to do it myself i prefer it... but sometimes i just have to bite the bullet.
Old 3/25/14, 05:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'd rather do it myself. Just ordered stuff for the first change, actually.
Old 3/26/14, 06:31 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
The only "paying" for oil change I do for Marilyn is buying a case or two of Amsoil, and Amsoil filters. It's one of the easiest things to do on your car, and a way to learn more about your car.
Old 3/26/14, 06:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Price tag for oil change, tire rotation at All American Ford in Old Bridge NJ was just shy of $80. I was like what the...?? This is where I bought the vehicle. I won't be going there again as I was clearly ripped off. Nice customer service and great way to show that you value your customers.
$80 is standard anywhere for these cars, even the v6. I'd say you got a deal for the GT.

I change my own oil, only need to do it once a year. All you need is ramps and everything can be done from under the front of the car
Old 3/26/14, 07:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
The only "paying" for oil change I do for Marilyn is buying a case or two of Amsoil, and Amsoil filters. It's one of the easiest things to do on your car, and a way to learn more about your car.
Amsoil high five!