2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 8/28/11, 03:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M6

These forums are a great help when taken with a large grain of salt. When used as a pulpit for an individual with an agenda(revenge), people will eventually tire of their rantings and start to ignore or diss their posts.

Everybody knows there are cars with legit issues, like all brands(Camaro, Honda, name any). It's sad that somebody that might have a legit issue has their voice drowned out by the likes of certain people.

When I see people being talked into thinking and saying their car has a serious problem because it has a notchy shift sometimes or they miss a gear sometimes, that's BS. ANY manual tranny can and will do this from time to time. The manual transmission has not changed in layout and function in over 40 years. Manual tranny guys with Camaros are whining, GT500s are whining, Corvettes are whining, problem is to weed through the whiners and get to the ones with legit issues.

Sometimes I find it comical, I go to get a brake tag(inspection sticker) and they have to find somebody who can drive a stick to pull the car around. If I valet park, I watch for that OH *&^% look, and tell them " nevermind, I will park it".
Old 8/28/11, 03:14 AM
V6 Member

Well said!

Originally Posted by Swamp Dweller
These forums are a great help when taken with a large grain of salt. When used as a pulpit for an individual with an agenda(revenge), people will eventually tire of their rantings and start to ignore or diss their posts.

Everybody knows there are cars with legit issues, like all brands(Camaro, Honda, name any). It's sad that somebody that might have a legit issue has their voice drowned out by the likes of certain people.

When I see people being talked into thinking and saying their car has a serious problem because it has a notchy shift sometimes or they miss a gear sometimes, that's BS. ANY manual tranny can and will do this from time to time. The manual transmission has not changed in layout and function in over 40 years. Manual tranny guys with Camaros are whining, GT500s are whining, Corvettes are whining, problem is to weed through the whiners and get to the ones with legit issues.

Sometimes I find it comical, I go to get a brake tag(inspection sticker) and they have to find somebody who can drive a stick to pull the car around. If I valet park, I watch for that OH *&^% look, and tell them " nevermind, I will park it".
Old 8/28/11, 05:32 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys, calm down a bit.

Regarding the trans. issues, it seems like the one huge variable in this mess is the dealer network. They have been extremely inconsistent from one to the next with diagnosing problems and trying to put the blame on the owners, or not fixing it properly.

I've cleaned this up again, cool it on the personal attacks and let's keep the thread on the topic at hand.
Old 8/28/11, 09:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Guys, calm down a bit.

Regarding the trans. issues, it seems like the one huge variable in this mess is the dealer network. They have been extremely inconsistent from one to the next with diagnosing problems and trying to put the blame on the owners, or not fixing it properly.

I've cleaned this up again, cool it on the personal attacks and let's keep the thread on the topic at hand.
Its hit and miss for sure. Winter is coming and I bet more problems pop up. Im guessing there is not a design issue but Im thinking its more of a quality control issue on some of the parts. I dont know about the rest of you but I dont trust China when it comes to quality control. I would imagine Ford is breathing down their necks now with the investigation and all so hopefully things will improve.

I guess Im getting old but now a days kids look at you like you have three heads if they see a clutch pedal in the floor. Very very few can drive them. I guess there is not as many around to learn on. Its all we had back in the day

Last edited by 3Mach1; 8/28/11 at 09:35 AM.
Old 8/28/11, 10:37 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I know it sounds silly but I always have more respect for sports cars when I see it in manual
Old 8/28/11, 10:48 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Flagstang
I know it sounds silly but I always have more respect for sports cars when I see it in manual
Strongly agree with this. Although realize some cannot push a clutch if they have leg or knee problems
Old 8/28/11, 11:21 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Strongly agree with this. Although realize some cannot push a clutch if they have leg or knee problems
Strongly agree with this. Some times when I see a young person driving(hahah in 27, but sound like a old fart) I feel theyb are missing out. missing out on what I dont know but I "feel" I get more enjoyment from my manual then my auto.
Old 8/28/11, 12:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
I miss the fact that the manual is just more fun to drive. I'm kinda glad I got an auto but I really miss the feel of banging second gear hard.
Old 8/28/11, 01:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I agree about the manuals, but my DD is an auto and sometimes in rush hour driving I'm thankful I have it. And you burn more calories with a Stick!!!!
Old 8/28/11, 07:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a manual and sometimes miss the fun of just mashing on the fun pedal in my auto. :-)
Old 8/28/11, 08:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

How could it be too much work for you? You have a drive on lift in the garage. God forbid you have to press a button and walk under it.
How many times has he pressed that button?

Exactly.
Old 8/28/11, 08:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The one thing about having a manual...you really don't have to wory about it being stolen, since 99% of the people today cannot drive one.
Old 8/28/11, 10:13 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

I would bet any car theif worth his salt can drive stick
Old 8/28/11, 10:49 PM

Had problems going in to 2nd on the track today
Old 8/28/11, 11:19 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Swamp Dweller

Well said!

15 characters
Old 8/29/11, 05:26 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I come into this thread to see the progress that those with issues are having but I have to weed thru pages of bull crap just to get a status of someones car.

TAKE YOUR BS WITH PEOPLE TO THE PMs.... Leave the rest of us outta your personal BS. You don't like that people post their issues in other forums..fine, let that person know in a PM. I'm not sure who is the bigger pain.... the guy posting in all the forums or the people that follow him around on all the other forums to tell others he is an idiot and / or all the other personal name calling that those immature adults do. How hard is that for people to comprehend......

Last edited by MyStang2010GB; 8/29/11 at 05:29 AM.
Old 8/29/11, 06:53 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

so now we have three groups.

group 1 my tranny has issues

group 2 the ok we get it group

group 3 the we get it haters group
Old 8/29/11, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just to add, dropped off my GT this morning at the dealer, mine shifted ok for the most part, (don't try to go into 4th quickly when it is hot) however brought it in for excessive whine. It sounds like I have an older centrifugal rockcrusher blower, can hear it reflecting off buildings or dividers in the road now
Old 8/29/11, 01:20 PM
V6 Member

I suggest that you learn how to use the ignore function. It might make things less stressful for you.

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
I come into this thread to see the progress that those with issues are having but I have to weed thru pages of bull crap just to get a status of someones car.

TAKE YOUR BS WITH PEOPLE TO THE PMs.... Leave the rest of us outta your personal BS. You don't like that people post their issues in other forums..fine, let that person know in a PM. I'm not sure who is the bigger pain.... the guy posting in all the forums or the people that follow him around on all the other forums to tell others he is an idiot and / or all the other personal name calling that those immature adults do. How hard is that for people to comprehend......
Old 8/29/11, 01:26 PM
GTR Member

He has a point. The reason this thread hasn't been closed yet is because the mod team has cleaned it up on several occasions. People get into personal tiffs and it clutters up the thread. Otherwise, this thread is gonna get locked down soon.

Quick Reply: NHTSA opens investigation into transmission problems