2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

New Spy Shots

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/07, 11:27 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While it looks as though the front will be similar to the GT500, The back seems to have a new look all together. That's why I've tried to uncover the camo and get an idea what it might look like.

Chris, I think (and hope) that the tailights look something like what you've drawn. I can't tell whether thats a ducktail, a spoiler, or just camo padding so I've done one with and without.

I was really hoping for more hip, and that ride height seems to be as bad or worse than the 05.
Attached Thumbnails New Spy Shots-2010-spy-ducktail.jpg   New Spy Shots-2010-spy.jpg  
Old 12/7/07, 11:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by THRUST_
While it looks as though the front will be similar to the GT500, The back seems to have a new look all together. That's why I've tried to uncover the camo and get an idea what it might look like.

Chris, I think (and hope) that the tailights look something like what you've drawn. I can't tell whether thats a ducktail, a spoiler, or just camo padding so I've done one with and without.

I was really hoping for more hip, and that ride height seems to be as bad or worse than the 05.
nice chops much better than i could ever do...

here's my further expansion of your design...hope you don't mind me doin this...
Old 12/7/07, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
What I find strange is that all the auto web sights are posting that it will have new bumpers and lights. You guys think along with the roof line that the current doors or front fenders are to be retained? From the spy shots it almost seems as if the doors are the same as the current car? I guess the doors have a simplicity that could be used in another body style if needed. My 08' Legacy got a minor refresh from the 05-07 cars with different bumpers, headlights, minor interior changes but the doors and roof are the same.....Though I have to think the Mustang's restyle will be a bit more aggressive than the Legacy.with the subaru you almost have to squint to notice the difference between the 07 and 08
Some obvious points:

Fenders obviously will not be retained. These photos indicate a much more agressively downward angled fender.

Doors appear to be new as well. The body line is appears to be much more prominent. this would follow fords 5 year schedule the 98-99 change changed fenders, quarters, doors, hood, trunk, along with bumpers etc.

Side note: I used to build the legacys up in Lafayette. Subaru is very weak when in comes to redesign and refresh. The corporate ideal was that form followed function, and consequently engineering was much more important then styling. The new CEO of Fuji Heavy Industries disagrees with that mindset, so maybe change is afoot. I think it is the new WRX is much changed over the previous.
Old 12/7/07, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

just my .02:
it appears from one of the pics, on autoblog i believe, that the car has the standard (or similar) rear spoiler not a ducktail.
for me the 'hip' should be more flowing than the type everyone is putting on it (ala the camero and callenger), something akin to, though not as exagerated as, the rear on the ford gt and the way it flows back, slightly down and then up into the ducktail.
this would make it distinctly different from the other two and look much more aggressive, imo at least. the present styles i keep seeing for the car as it is now all seem to make it appear way to butt heavy, which is something the car already has a problem with.
Old 12/7/07, 01:07 PM
Cobra Member

Can't say I'm terribly impressed, though it's hardly worthwhile to pass judgment due to the camo.

Maybe I'm just dense, but is this a convertible or is the roof-line just camoed using ribbing? Doesn't it appear that the current-style quarter windows are gone? Something definately seems different there.

Some more pics can be found here: http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-mustang-future.html

You can tell from the additional pics that the rear has a spoiler, rather than a ducktail. I also am not seeing any recession of the tail-lights as depicted above.
Old 12/7/07, 01:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Oh God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Tell It's just the camo and those taillights are hideous. It's losing its thre bar heritage that every Mustang except the Fox had
Old 12/7/07, 01:51 PM

THis Jalopnik piece -- http://jalopnik.com/cars/2010-ford-m...ang-331120.php -- gives one more shot from the left/front angle, a bit blurred but showing some interesting features:
  • A more prominent center crease/angle than current car creating more of a V shape in plan form.
  • Fender line seems to bend downwards slightly forward of the wheel well giving a finer front entry -- less blocky than current car.
  • Side light is much lower -- or is this just a temporary repeater?
  • Upper grill does seem to thrust forwards more.
Other thoughts and observations:
  • Seems to be a more raised/pronounced ridgeline running back though the door hande into the rear fender as compared to the current car's simple bend line.
  • Perhaps a more "scooped" scoop area in the side.
  • Hints of a subtle "hip," more '67'-'67 than '69-'70.
  • Hard to make out what's really happening with the rear, does seem more drooped and weighty looking, which is not a good thing (what's with the sagging, "full diaper" look that designers seem to love?). Hopefully just the camo and padding hiding a taut, trim, pert rear instead.
  • Still looks like the buggy axle out back, unsurprising for the V6. Perhaps the GT will evolve a hudred years and add an IRS.
  • Thought: V6 model, use twin-pipe outlets on the single muffler so it doesn't look so cheap econocar.
  • Wheels look pretty cool, probably too light for the WWF who demand the Stang look "mean," "aggressive," "on 'roids," but hey, this is just the secretary's special V6.
  • Lower intake seems to reflect upper's shape more, ala the GT500 / Concep -- also seems to thrust forward a bit rather than being a flush cutout in the lower bumper panel.
Anyways, there you go, graced with my design genius
Old 12/7/07, 01:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Wolfsburg
Can't say I'm terribly impressed, though it's hardly worthwhile to pass judgment due to the camo.

Maybe I'm just dense, but is this a convertible or is the roof-line just camoed using ribbing? Doesn't it appear that the current-style quarter windows are gone? Something definately seems different there.

Some more pics can be found here: http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-mustang-future.html

You can tell from the additional pics that the rear has a spoiler, rather than a ducktail. I also am not seeing any recession of the tail-lights as depicted above.
That's what the current convertible top and quarter window looks like. You are right about the spoiler, that looks like a normal spoiler and not a ducktail.

I still can't decide about the tailights, I just really dont want them to look like crap and it appears they might.
Old 12/7/07, 02:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rhumb
Other thoughts and observations:
  • Seems to be a more raised/pronounced ridgeline running back though the door hande into the rear fender as compared to the current car's simple bend line.
  • Perhaps a more "scooped" scoop area in the side.
Judging by the below photo, The doorline appears to be camo not an actual body line. I say this because the door handle should stick out, but in this photo appears to be concave. We could be lucky and have integrated door handles on the new stang, but i don't think so. I was really excited about this line too, how unfortunate.
Old 12/7/07, 02:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Moosetang
I clearly see hips in the 2 side views. They aren't very prominent, though that's a tough call with the camo, but they are there.

There's only 1 tailpipe, which suggests N/A V6, yet there's a space for a second in the camo and the hood camo has some sort of hood vent. If they're using this same camo on the test GT, could mean we're going to get a GT hood vent (maybe for TF).

Tail lights worry me as well, they're looking MKZ-large. From what I can tell, the red part completely surrounds the reflectors/reverse lights. Brings to mind the 71-73 and the (urk) Mustang II.

Moving the antenna from the front 1/4 to the back 1/4 is not a huge improvement, though that could be a data antenna for testing and not the production unit.

Overall: I'm optomistic. I approve of a more agressive front facia, and there's nothing screaming "Warning!" at me other than the tail lights. Its entirely possible those will look better when integrated with the rest of the tail (maybe). I'm not a huge fan of the current Mustang's **** anyway, so if that remains the car's worse feature I'll live.
Agreed, tail lights are the biggest

Mirrors are much better, need more shots of the "hip area" to feel comfortable there, initial reaction is that the hips need to be more pronouced but will reserve final judgement.
Old 12/7/07, 02:39 PM
Cobra R Member

I think there's way too much padding to really draw an accurate "look". If you notice, there are square pads on the rear bumper below the beltline.

Has anyone found the HMTL yet? I looked thru the spot where it's supposed to be and all I saw was cow-print...
Old 12/7/07, 02:40 PM

I think the taillights and rear end probably are the most hard to discern -- the camo does make them/it look like poo. But you can make out the form of the rear end corners under the camo and it looks much more like the current Stang rather than some weird, droopy slopeback thing (hopefully).
Old 12/7/07, 03:05 PM
Cobra Member

those hips dont lie....
Old 12/7/07, 03:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Handles...

Originally Posted by jarradasay
Judging by the below photo, The doorline appears to be camo not an actual body line. I say this because the door handle should stick out, but in this photo appears to be concave. We could be lucky and have integrated door handles on the new stang, but i don't think so. I was really excited about this line too, how unfortunate.
SEE:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=74031
Old 12/7/07, 03:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Old 12/7/07, 04:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

here's my photoshop...what do you guys think??

Old 12/7/07, 04:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

Someone sketched this after COBO...

Old 12/7/07, 05:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
I see the shelby front end under that camo. Lower half for sure, and the upper half I can make out the cleaner headlight bucket, and the angled right of the grill.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails New Spy Shots-untitled.jpg  
Old 12/7/07, 11:47 PM
Bullitt Member

its appears to me the turn signal is part of the headlight, see the amber?...hmmmm well its covered in padding all along the side, you see a break before the fender flair/wheel arch.. and then continues after it too..i see the hips the more i look too
Old 12/7/07, 11:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Side note: I used to build the legacys up in Lafayette. Subaru is very weak when in comes to redesign and refresh. The corporate ideal was that form followed function, and consequently engineering was much more important then styling. The new CEO of Fuji Heavy Industries disagrees with that mindset, so maybe change is afoot. I think it is the new WRX is much changed over the previous.[/quote]

I would have to disagree at least on certain models, their most popular vehical (Impreza WRX, STI) has gone through more refreshes than the Mustang in the same time span.... the previous gen Impreza (2002-2007) had three restlyes that make each look as unique as say the 98 to 99 Mustang. I think the 1st and 2nd body style retained some sheet metal but are still very different looking. This, in my opinion has led to much of the cars appeal with body styles coming so fast it always looks fresh. You guys can be the judge here are 5! different styles in this decade alone here are exaples on an 00, 02, 04, 07, 08
Attached Images      

Quick Reply: New Spy Shots