The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   New Spy Shots (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/new-spy-shots-461112/)

jsaylor 12/6/07 09:34 PM

New Spy Shots

These give a much better indication of what to expect in terms of tail lights, but the frontal shots are unfortunately not very revealing.

http://jalopnik.com/cars/2010-ford-m...ang-331120.php

StangPower05 12/6/07 09:44 PM

Wow!! I cant wait to see whats under all that dieguise!

jsaylor 12/6/07 09:45 PM

Maybe the front shots reveal more than I am giving credit for. The lower front grille is definately more 'GT500 like' in appearance and it appears as though the upper grille is too.

FLAstangx3 12/6/07 09:49 PM

Sooooo, what happened to the "alledged" hips.

jsaylor 12/6/07 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3 (Post 1061314)
Sooooo, what happened to the "alledged" hips.

I'm not sure what you mean? The rear 3/4 shot appears to give the slight impression of hips through the camo, so they appear to be there.

DarkHorse305 12/6/07 09:53 PM

They forgot to camo the mirrors! :doh::jester:

Still has an exterior antenna. :bad: I hope that goes away for production.

I see a little GT500 in the nose. Does anyone else see hips in the third image? And whats up with those tailights?

burningman 12/6/07 09:55 PM

To quote Han Solo
" I got a bad feeling about this"

The lower nose has the PJ/GT500 vibe about it
and what is that white between the tailight lenses?

jsaylor 12/6/07 09:58 PM

Definately a lot of GT500 in that nose. Take a look at the front 3/4 close up and you can see the line where the headlights meet the grille surround. (the white paint makes for very good contrast) A very fast angle, much more aggresive than the current GT and very, very similar to the GT500. So far I like what I see a great deal....except for the tail lights. I'm still a bit uneasy about those.

jsaylor 12/6/07 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by burningman (Post 1061319)
To quote Han Solo
" I got a bad feeling about this"

The lower nose has the PJ/GT500 vibe about it
and what is that white between the tailight lenses?

Looks like a reflector to me Doug. I'm guessing the reverse lights are in there as well. Curiously, if you look at their positoning relative to the side of the car they don't appear to wrap-around as rumours indicate. Perhaps the camo is simply doing it's job well here, or possibly that particular rumour was wrong? Hopefully the tail lights will look better undisguised.

FLAstangx3 12/6/07 10:04 PM

Those taillights are probably fitted to this car if it's headed to Europe for testing. There road rules are a tad strange. They require amber rear lighting, so I think they are putting bulbs behind the clear to be street legal over there.

jsaylor 12/6/07 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by daleksarewimps (Post 1061316)
They forgot to camo the mirrors! :doh::jester:

I hadn't noticed that. Big improvement here, much better than the old car. I am a bit disappointed that they appear to be 'in the raw'. Can we get some painted sideview mirrors on the Mustang?

97GT03SVT 12/6/07 10:24 PM

I know we don't see much. and maybe its just me but perhaps this refresh is less radical than I originally thought. Though it will have new body panels I think its gonna be much closer to the current car.don't kill me guys just my observation (oh and i'm not liking the tail lights either) I think tail lights similar to the 96-98 cars would look cool three seperate lamps that protrude from the tail light panel....... just my thought would be very 69' ish....

Topnotch 12/6/07 10:26 PM

http://www.newtechspy.com/SpecialArt/MustangLg.jpg

jsaylor 12/6/07 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT (Post 1061342)
I know we don't see much. and maybe its just me but perhaps this refresh is less radical than I originally thought. Though it will have new body panels I think its gonna be much closer to the current car.don't kill me guys just my observation (oh and i'm not liking the tail lights either) I think tail lights similar to the 96-98 cars would look cool three seperate lamps that protrude from the tail light panel....... just my thought would be very 69' ish....

I agree completely. I fully expect the new Mustang to simply evolve what we already have into a slightly meaner looking package...that appears to be borrowing heavily from the GT500 up front.

jsaylor 12/6/07 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Topnotch (Post 1061345)

Hmmmm. Are we getting 68-70 Shelby-esque tail-lamps on this one?

97GT03SVT 12/6/07 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Topnotch (Post 1061345)

If that is the new car i'm all set.its not ugly just not as good loking as the 05' from what i gather.and it does seem to match the spy shots...... Looks like the sides of the car borrow from the 99-04 while the back looks like artist renderings i saw for the 05' back in 99-00 or something...

Moosetang 12/6/07 10:40 PM

I clearly see hips in the 2 side views. They aren't very prominent, though that's a tough call with the camo, but they are there.

There's only 1 tailpipe, which suggests N/A V6, yet there's a space for a second in the camo and the hood camo has some sort of hood vent. If they're using this same camo on the test GT, could mean we're going to get a GT hood vent (maybe for TF).

Tail lights worry me as well, they're looking MKZ-large. From what I can tell, the red part completely surrounds the reflectors/reverse lights. Brings to mind the 71-73 and the (urk) Mustang II.

Moving the antenna from the front 1/4 to the back 1/4 is not a huge improvement, though that could be a data antenna for testing and not the production unit.

Overall: I'm optomistic. I approve of a more agressive front facia, and there's nothing screaming "Warning!" at me other than the tail lights. Its entirely possible those will look better when integrated with the rest of the tail (maybe). I'm not a huge fan of the current Mustang's arse anyway, so if that remains the car's worse feature I'll live.

unnoticedtrails 12/6/07 10:57 PM

woooo I just got goosebumps! thats sweet!!

Topnotch 12/6/07 10:58 PM

Looks like the V6 with new 17"ers...So the GT will be a little more aggressive.
Like the smaller mirrors. Pivet?

future9er24 12/6/07 11:11 PM

I like the mirrors for sure, but I don'n know how I feel about the tailights in the photos. as for that line drawing, I like the shape of the lights. The indent is interesting (as opposed to a similar shape but opposite portrusion on my II) but not bad. my only gripe with that rendering is a problem carried over from the current body and is as follows:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...3/5b634682.jpg