Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My wife went to dealership today and got trapped.

Search this Thread

Old 5/14/10, 07:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bostang1
I am really happy with the deal we got now, I talked to Jim and he seems like a nice guy and was nice enough to get replacment part without me even asking for that. I know my wife should have waited on me to make any decisions but let me inform you guys my wife is 23 years old and this is all new to her. I think she just let the excitment of buying a new car cloud her judgment but later admiited she made the mistake. I'll get some pics of the car on here this weekend.
Bostang at $3,000 over book Im much happier with that deal. Sounds like you got close to what we discussed in the PM. Im also happier with you on a 48 month payment plan as long as it fits your budget.

I think a few folks missed some points here.

1. His wife was upside down in her trade.

2. She has a 605 Score.

Essentially he got the same deal as book on his trade and $3,000 Off on the new car. 48 Months @ 3.9% is quite reasonable with a 605 Score.
Old 5/15/10, 01:14 AM
V6 Member

thanks gene
Old 5/15/10, 03:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AmericanMustang
And Corvette Dreamin; I know you wouldn't pay $36,000. That's why you drive a V6.
I know this thread went south fast, but I must admit... when I read this I laughed out loud. That's funny from any perspective. Incredibly rude, but funny.

Now I have to go hush the dogs I woke up before they wake up the rest of the household.
Old 5/15/10, 03:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bostang1
I am really happy with the deal we got now, I talked to Jim and he seems like a nice guy and was nice enough to get replacment part without me even asking for that. I know my wife should have waited on me to make any decisions but let me inform you guys my wife is 23 years old and this is all new to her. I think she just let the excitment of buying a new car cloud her judgment but later admiited she made the mistake. I'll get some pics of the car on here this weekend.
In my opinion, be incredibly thankful you have a wife who discussed this with you in enough detail to raise a red flag. I know plenty of wives who would have been too embarrassed to talk to you about it until it was really too late.
Sounds like things settled out. The dealer is obviously willing to work with you to make you happy... but be cautious hanging around there for warranty and/or service... they may just be making you happy to get you out of the door and be done with you. Either way, good luck with the car and be proud to have a wife who not only "allows" a Mustang in the household, but claims it as hers.