2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My wife went to dealership today and got trapped.

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/10, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting thread. I understand the trapped feeling. Been there. But we trap ourselves.

It sounded to me op your wife originally got a somewhat fair deal for a car in demand. I am happy to see you went back and did even better.

But really, is it worth $19K more to buy a car that is mostly the same but is faster and has a nicer interior. Do you want to make that big payment 72 times? And with gap insurance or not be upside down on that car for a good part of that 6 years?

Just some food for thought.
Old 5/13/10, 09:46 PM
V6 Member

You are correct, I did love our 2007 GT but i never liked the color on it and we hated the 5-speed so it was more reasons for us to trade than what you mentioned. We bought the 2007 and kinda settled for something we really wasnt satisfied with. For instance, We had the very plain interior with the black plastic looking material and no upgrades at all in interior and we both hate driving the stick shift around our area with the stops and starts around our town. I also lowered the car with sport springs and I tell you I will never lower again it just caused me to many problems and is just to low for driving around here. I don't like white cars to much but the wifey loves em and I've always wanted a black GT and what better time to get one, 5.0 is back! And I did think about being upside down for 6 years thats why we got it for 48 months at 3.9 and are going to try to pay off in 3 years so its not as bad. I think anytime you spend money like this on a vehicle you second guess yourself because we could all just settle for what we already have instead of upgrading but you only live once.
Old 5/13/10, 10:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

ah nevermind, I caught up with the rest of the thread

As long as they swap out the rear valance and the customer is happy with the deal so be it.

Last edited by bpmurr; 5/13/10 at 10:08 PM.
Old 5/13/10, 10:28 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IBTL.

Enjoy the car, OP. I don't agree with their salesman's postings on here, but I won't jump on that, it's been done. You could have got it a bit cheaper, but if you're happy, that's what matters. If they're going to get you the exact part to replace it for no cost, then move on. If it was a painted panel, that's a whole different story. I'd look around at other local dealers and consider another one after this hassle, but if you feel they've treated you fairly, disregard that bit.

I do have to say though that someone "claiming" to be a dealer salesperson should come on here and show some respect. You've got a lot of potential customers and this wouldn't be a place I'd **** off. Word of mouth might come back to bite you. Don't believe me? Go read up about dealers who do eBay sales and renege on pricing for various reasons. This is along the same lines.
Old 5/13/10, 11:07 PM

As a casual observer I'd say the end deal was acceptable, but not great. But since this is a brand new car that is very much in demand you can really expect a whole lot more given the trade and crappy credit scores.

I will say that the salesman and his idiot friend posting here was a major mistake. I don't care how unreasonable or idiotic people are being if you're representing your dealer you MUST take the high road and not engage in petty, immature bickering. I sure as hell wouldn't buy a car at that dealership now either.

Congrats to the OP.
Old 5/13/10, 11:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stangfoeva
throw some down here to SoCal!
There's plenty bro!

All in all I am glad this worked out and fast because nothing is worse than that feeling you got ripped off...
Old 5/13/10, 11:40 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Congrats on the new 5.0 bostang!
Old 5/13/10, 11:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing
LMAO........sorry but this made me laugh
Me too. I'm all alone here at work and I laughed out loud.
Old 5/14/10, 05:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by AmericanMustang
Stop already. Here is the scratch that someone is "forcing on someone", before it's replaced. I think we should just total the car.
https://themustangsource.com/album.p...pictureid=2507

https://themustangsource.com/album.p...pictureid=2508
iszat your finger?
Old 5/14/10, 05:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by All-Or-Nothing
LMAO........sorry but this made me laugh
x2 LOL
Old 5/14/10, 06:05 AM
Cobra R Member

bostang1,

Congrats to you & your wife for purchasing a new Mustang!
Old 5/14/10, 06:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey bostang1 way to go on getting a new 5.0L!! Your gonna LOVE IT!!!

And to the salesperson posting insults on here? NOT the way to do things on here buddy!! Doing that can get you banned!!! Your a Ford salesperson and are suppose to be above that!! I guess not!!! And thanks as you just made my profession look worse and gave yourself and your dealer a BAD reputation!!!

Last edited by 05fordgt; 5/14/10 at 06:29 AM.
Old 5/14/10, 06:34 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey bostang1 way to go on getting a new 5.0L!! Your gonna LOVE IT!!!

And to the salesperson posting insults on here? NOT the way to do things on here buddy!! Doing that can get you banned!!! Your a Ford salesperson and are suppose to be above that!! I guess not!!! And thanks as you just made my profession look worse and gave yourself and your dealer a BAD reputation!!!
Jeff if all car salespeople were like you the industry would have a better rep. There is a reason why people feel dirty going into a car dealer.
Old 5/14/10, 07:50 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Expanding on that, it's easy to go off the hook on a board when a thread goes toxic and I understand that. There are some mailing lists out there which have some great comments from me in their archives. However for a salesperson it's just not worth it.

tom
Old 5/14/10, 10:18 AM

Like some have mentioned already. All that really matters is that you are happy with the deal you got. In the age of the internet there is always someone out there getting a better deal.

Anyway, congrats on the purchase!
Old 5/14/10, 12:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look at this from the dealer's point of view. You get in a car with very minor damage to it. You order a replacement valence. It's going to take a while for it to come in. Are you supposed to hide the car under a tarp until the new valence get's there? No, you put the car on the lot and try to sell it. They mentioned the scratch in the online ad so they obviously aren't trying to hide it from anyone. They told the customer they were getting in a new valence. What's the big deal?

A customer comes in, loves the car, you ask for MSRP but give her a real good offer on the trade-in. What's the big deal? I guess the salesperson is supposed to say to her, "Well little lady, I'm glad you like that pretty car but you better have your husband come in her and see if he says it's OK." It's not 1950, folks. I don't see any example of the dealer trying to cheat the customer. Just like every one of us who works for a living, a dealership is in it for the money. That's not a sin, that's not greediness. That's real life. If someone is willing to pay sticker price why would you offer them a discount?
Old 5/14/10, 12:31 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by bostang1
Would you pay sticker if they give you 3K above book on your trade in?
i personally wouldn't be trading in the car. besides, from what i've read and heard you work out the price of the car you are buying first than you deal with the trade in.
Old 5/14/10, 03:31 PM
GT Member

Did she check with the Admiral?
Old 5/14/10, 03:54 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats on the 5.0 bostang.

And in before the lock
Old 5/14/10, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
If you're paying MSRP, you're not getting a great deal. You can get free X-plan pins online immediately. You can get them under YOUR name if you purchase 1 stock in Ford (about $13?) and wait a few months.

Also, there's a big difference between factory paint and "fixed it up at the dealership" paint. One will look the same after a decade, and the other... is a wildcard. You might get lucky and it might last 10 years. Chances are, it will start to bubble/peel/discolor differently than factory paint much, much sooner.
Sorry guys, turns out you need 100 shares of Ford to get the x-plan.

Either way, provoked or unprovoked, that exchange of words right there makes the entire dealership look bad. If the salesmen act like that on the internet, how will they act when my car is broken and I need their help?

But sounds like you worked out a better deal.. good job.. enjoy the car.

Last edited by krnpimpsta; 5/14/10 at 07:02 PM.

Quick Reply: My wife went to dealership today and got trapped.