2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My wife went to dealership today and got trapped.

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/10, 04:25 PM
eci
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AmericanMustang
I'm not that smart
Quoted for emphasis.
Old 5/13/10, 04:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Exactly. Fix it and move on.XXDon't tell the customer to accept it like that and don't advertise it as MSRP with a scratch.XXSimple.< ONE WORD SENTENCE?

But more importantly, between AmericanMustang and assasinator (cute... come up with that all by yourself playing with your action figures?), I think it's clear where the maturity ends, and the wisdom never started.

Just an FYI, (that's "for your information" by the way), that red squiggly line in the editor under a word means the word is misspelled. A capital letter usually follows a period.

See? I can be helpful too.
I CAN BE HELPFUL TOO. all the bolds are gramattical errors you just wrote. Too many spaces, no commas, one word sentences, etc.

Last edited by assasinator; 5/13/10 at 04:41 PM.
Old 5/13/10, 04:46 PM
Bullitt Member

You sir, are a piece of work. Those who've seen me post know I've driven 'vettes, CTS-V's, and now this Mustang. I rarely own one car at at time. I CHOSE the V6 not because it's cheap (mine is loaded, by the way) but because it's what I wanted after having all that horsepower and realizing I didn't really need it. To me that's just a level of maturity that I've reached in my car buying decisions. Everyone buys what they want for their own reasons. I didn't tell the OP he and his wife should get a V6. I didn't say they couldn't afford the GT. I said they weren't getting a good deal. That's simple consumerism. But to pay MSRP for a damaged car is ridiculous, sir.

But I guess that's why I do what I do and you do what you do.

The dry cleaners called. Your plaid sportcoat is ready.
Well friggin said.

@AmericanMustang: On a brand new car there had not be so much as "swirlies" in the paint. It's new, everything should be flawless. To think that this "little scratch" is just that is fine if it were a used car, comes with the territory. But a new car? Are you kidding?

I call complete BS you would buy the car, at MSRP, with it. And to suggest someone should is stupid. Anyone who would pay MSRP with that is a fool. Further, who the hell are you to insult someone for the type of car they buy? Does it really hurt your delicate sensibilities? They teach you that in salesman school?

And the vested interest we have here to make sure fellow forum members don't get taken in by people such as yourself. I'd say that is more than enough reason to warrant responses.

I'm not that smart
Clearly. Get lost. This forum doesn't need Salesmen like you around.

@Assasinator: Give it up. Everything you type just makes you look worse.
Old 5/13/10, 04:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Old 5/13/10, 05:09 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Kahdir
I second that.
Old 5/13/10, 05:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PTRocks
I second that.
Old 5/13/10, 05:42 PM
GT Member

The dry cleaners called. Your plaid sportcoat is ready.
LMAO........sorry but this made me laugh
Old 5/13/10, 05:52 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,196 Likes on 2,342 Posts
Originally Posted by bostang1
Thanks for all the opinions guys, Thats why I posted it and dont get offended by any replies. I didn't mean to start a fight on here. Anyway, I went in with there today and told the dealer thatI was not happy with the interest rates or really anything about the deal and they did help me out some. My wifes car was an 2007 GT with 52K and it was not in perefect condition and the give me 16000 for it and the 2011 GT we got for 35800. We also got 48 months at 3.9% interest rate and our credit score combined was low 605 so I think thats a good rate for our credit history. We also got gap insurance for 300 and no extended warranty. We went from paying a total of 50K to about 40K total after all interest is paid. We have been told the scratch is very small so I'm hoping its nothing major and was told by the dealership that the scratch will be taken care of. I will post some pics of the car hopefully tomorrow or the weekend. Thanks

Congrats on your New car!

Enjoy it.

KC
Old 5/13/10, 06:10 PM
V6 Member

I am really happy with the deal we got now, I talked to Jim and he seems like a nice guy and was nice enough to get replacment part without me even asking for that. I know my wife should have waited on me to make any decisions but let me inform you guys my wife is 23 years old and this is all new to her. I think she just let the excitment of buying a new car cloud her judgment but later admiited she made the mistake. I'll get some pics of the car on here this weekend.
Old 5/13/10, 06:14 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am really happy with the deal we got now, I talked to Jim and he seems like a nice guy and was nice enough to get replacment part without me even asking for that. I know my wife should have waited on me to make any decisions but let me inform you guys my wife is 23 years old and this is all new to her. I think she just let the excitment of buying a new car cloud her judgment but later admiited she made the mistake. I'll get some pics of the car on here this weekend.
If you don't mind my asking how old are you? just curious....
Old 5/13/10, 06:22 PM
V6 Member

Im 27
Old 5/13/10, 06:31 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Im 27
aah ok. Cool.

I thought you were gonna say you're like 45 or something lol
Old 5/13/10, 06:35 PM
V6 Member

lol, I figured you was thinking that. I love that color you ordered and wanted that color first but could not find one anywhere in a 5.0. Nice ride!
Old 5/13/10, 06:37 PM
MOTM Committee Member

lol, I figured you was thinking that. I love that color you ordered and wanted that color first but could not find one anywhere in a 5.0. Nice ride!
Thanks, enjoy yours while I wait for mine to be delivered!

And post tons of pics!!
Old 5/13/10, 07:04 PM
GT Member

Stop already. Here is the scratch that someone is "forcing on someone", before it's replaced. I think we should just total the car.
https://themustangsource.com/album.p...pictureid=2507

https://themustangsource.com/album.p...pictureid=2508
Considering that you are speaking on behalf of a dealer on a Mustang forum, I would recommend you be very cautious of your tone when speaking to other members of the site.

Back to the OP, I think anything at MSRP is a rip off. I would never consider paying sticker, or more, for a car at all.
Old 5/13/10, 07:07 PM
V6 Member

Would you pay sticker if they give you 3K above book on your trade in?
Old 5/13/10, 07:28 PM
Bullitt Member

In the end the person bought the car and is happy with the deal they got. Also the scratch, which ended being miniscule.....hell a shopping cart could do that....is being fixed. All of the posturing and chest puffing and name calling has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

I know its a forum, but people like to read other opinions. A few times I have seen people ask the dreaded "what should I get" question, or "what do you think" question and get met with idiotic rederick. Look, if you do not like the thread, do not post in said thread. Hell do not even read it. The title is there.....if you can waste time answering with something stupid, you could just answer the question.

As I have said before, some of you need to slow your roll. Hell, I thought I was on Camaro5 for a second there...
Old 5/13/10, 07:56 PM
GT Member

I'm just jealous another girl has a faster care than me... congrats on the good deal!
Old 5/13/10, 07:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

When I saw the topic of this thread I thought a car fell on her and they had to call a rescue crew.
Old 5/13/10, 08:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well how does my car run sscobra?
It runs real good. I babied it, I promise. I honestly would like to know what you think about it. I was only able to get into the throttle once. Honestly, I remember thinking to myself, "well, when is it gonna go". I hope that it is a lot faster than it appeared to be that day(which I'm sure it is). It honeslty felt like the "smart key" feature was on. Anyways, it's a beautiful car. I hope you enjoy it! Funny thing is, my friend sent me a text message the day after I drove it(he had no idea I drove a new one). It was a picture of the new 5.0 engine with the caption, "I thought it would be a lot faster". He drove a 6-speed. So that's what got me thinging about it.

Quick Reply: My wife went to dealership today and got trapped.