2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/14, 02:50 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Funny story today...

I've never really "pushed" the car hard since I tested WOT 2nd and 3rd gear last week since the new tune/mods were done. Even then, it was solely for testing purposes...

Well today, after my morning workout at the gym, a buddy wanted a ride, so I gave him one. It was an unusually cool 60 degrees this morning. Anyways, I gave him a ride and I actually pushed the car hard this morning. And wow, I even scared myself. The combination of throttle response, paired with the suspension improvements I did earlier this year really made a big difference in putting the power down. After a couple good runs where the tires were warmed up, the next few runs, I hardly got any spin from the tires. It was a split second if anything...then boom. Hook. It was crazy. I've never felt my car like this before or even driven anything like this before. I test drove a 12 Shelby back a few years ago...it was quick/torquey, but not like this. Maybe it was the cold air today too... LOL

In the end, I know there's a TON of other quicker cars than mine, I get that. I'm not saying mine the way it is, is that fast compared to others... but for me??? Dang. I was flabbergasted. My buddy enjoyed the ride as well.

p.s. my wife and I get to go on a date tonight... I am taking her in the car. I look forward to being punched in the gut, yet again.

=========

On another note... I got an update from my Halo vendor. Sounds like they are finishing up final sealing today after smoking the lens, and will finish final testing. Then plan is to ship out tomorrow. So I might have it early next week. At least, that's my "rosy" picture.

*Knock on wood....*

Also, I neglected to state that I ordered a Kool Blue Filter to replace my red Roush filter. It will go better with my underhood theme.

Last edited by FromZto5; 7/16/14 at 03:04 PM.
Old 7/16/14, 06:45 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Funny story today...

I've never really "pushed" the car hard since I tested WOT 2nd and 3rd gear last week since the new tune/mods were done. Even then, it was solely for testing purposes...

Well today, after my morning workout at the gym, a buddy wanted a ride, so I gave him one. It was an unusually cool 60 degrees this morning. Anyways, I gave him a ride and I actually pushed the car hard this morning. And wow, I even scared myself. The combination of throttle response, paired with the suspension improvements I did earlier this year really made a big difference in putting the power down. After a couple good runs where the tires were warmed up, the next few runs, I hardly got any spin from the tires. It was a split second if anything...then boom. Hook. It was crazy. I've never felt my car like this before or even driven anything like this before. I test drove a 12 Shelby back a few years ago...it was quick/torquey, but not like this. Maybe it was the cold air today too... LOL

In the end, I know there's a TON of other quicker cars than mine, I get that. I'm not saying mine the way it is, is that fast compared to others... but for me??? Dang. I was flabbergasted. My buddy enjoyed the ride as well.

p.s. my wife and I get to go on a date tonight... I am taking her in the car. I look forward to being punched in the gut, yet again.

=========

On another note... I got an update from my Halo vendor. Sounds like they are finishing up final sealing today after smoking the lens, and will finish final testing. Then plan is to ship out tomorrow. So I might have it early next week. At least, that's my "rosy" picture.

*Knock on wood....*

Also, I neglected to state that I ordered a Kool Blue Filter to replace my red Roush filter. It will go better with my underhood theme.
Burton

Cool air is your friend!! It is a fun feeling to really feel a tuned s/c car hit the sweet spot in the powerband.

What till you punch it in 3rd while going 70 and have the rear end swing out....then you will really be scared. Ask me how I know.

Traction control - take it off.

Stability control - leave it on!
Old 7/16/14, 10:45 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Burton--Did I hear that right, are you volunteering to put on a detailing clinic in C.R. Where do I sign up?

Last edited by smike308; 7/16/14 at 10:47 PM.
Old 7/18/14, 07:30 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by MJJ
Burton

Cool air is your friend!! It is a fun feeling to really feel a tuned s/c car hit the sweet spot in the powerband.

What till you punch it in 3rd while going 70 and have the rear end swing out....then you will really be scared. Ask me how I know.

Traction control - take it off.

Stability control - leave it on!
Yep... I remember you telling me "one push of the TC/SC button". We gotta get together again Sean.

Originally Posted by smike308
Burton--Did I hear that right, are you volunteering to put on a detailing clinic in C.R. Where do I sign up?
If you guys all want to get together here, I'm cool with that. Lunch will have to be part of the works though
Old 7/18/14, 07:41 AM
I Have No Life

Ugh... update, my fogs are delayed due to a discontinued "ring". I'm not sure what that meant, but the vendor told me that yesterday. So they said it might ship today or early next week. Sucks. I won't get it installed till probably end of the week next week, if at all.

Also, I have the blue filter installed, but I dunno... I think I need something bigger. The Roush one was bigger by 1/2", with a filter length of ~6.5". This one is 6". hmmmm
Old 7/18/14, 10:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Funny story today...

=========

*Knock on wood....*

yeah you're right, there ARE A LOT of faster cars than yours let's start with my V6.... why?? cause it has a performance pack

That's wicked to hear that your ride still has surprises up it's sleeve and after all this time that you've had her!!

I actually let loose a little bit on my car yesterday. Took my brother in-law for a test drive. This was his first time seeing my new car.

I did three launch tests 2k, 4k, and 6k in an abandoned area I know about in my area.

I broke loose for about 5-6 feet when launching at 6k which is crazy high. at least now I know that I can break loose a little bit at 2k and get a good launch at that point. chirped 2nd and 3rd pretty hard.

I put my brother in laws Nissan V6 Maxima to shame with this 260+ HP car when I took him in a quick test drive in my car.

I only say that because he used to brag about it ALL the time

car is so much fun to drive
Old 7/18/14, 01:22 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
yeah you're right, there ARE A LOT of faster cars than yours let's start with my V6.... why?? cause it has a performance pack That's wicked to hear that your ride still has surprises up it's sleeve and after all this time that you've had her!! I actually let loose a little bit on my car yesterday. Took my brother in-law for a test drive. This was his first time seeing my new car. I did three launch tests 2k, 4k, and 6k in an abandoned area I know about in my area. I broke loose for about 5-6 feet when launching at 6k which is crazy high. at least now I know that I can break loose a little bit at 2k and get a good launch at that point. chirped 2nd and 3rd pretty hard. I put my brother in laws Nissan V6 Maxima to shame with this 260+ HP car when I took him in a quick test drive in my car. I only say that because he used to brag about it ALL the time car is so much fun to drive
6k launch!!!!! It's not a GTR.
Old 7/18/14, 01:31 PM
Cobra Member

No, but it can scream like one lol!
Old 7/23/14, 11:58 AM
I Have No Life

I'm getting a little bit perturbed about my vendor; It's been 4 weeks. Last I heard they were finishing up the lens smoking, but they were missing a certain part. That was about almost a week ago and I think them for another update and haven't heard back. Ugh

On another note, Did some quick datalogging for jdm over lunch. They will improve long term fuel trim and cold start. This is all leading to final tune after I can get accurately dyno'd.

Last edited by FromZto5; 7/23/14 at 03:05 PM.
Old 7/23/14, 12:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Edit

Last edited by Wild5.0; 7/23/14 at 12:09 PM.
Old 7/23/14, 12:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Okay… so today, I went pure aesthetic yes, I did go out and enjoy my new mods and tune, but I took photos today. Enjoy! p.s. my new fogs should arrive this week. Look for updates then.
Wow! Your car looks amazing dude, so hot. I really like those rims, thinking of getting that on mine. I think it would look great on my black gt. Also i would like to know your mods. Thanks
Old 7/23/14, 03:05 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Wild5.0
Wow! Your car looks amazing dude, so hot. I really like those rims, thinking of getting that on mine. I think it would look great on my black gt. Also i would like to know your mods. Thanks
Thanks Martin. My mods are in my sig...
Old 7/23/14, 03:08 PM
I Have No Life

I'm getting a little bit perturbed about my vendor; It's been 4 weeks. Last I heard they were finishing up the lens smoking, but they were missing a certain part. That was about almost a week ago and I think them for another update and haven't heard back. Ugh

On another note, Did some quick datalogging for jdm over lunch. They will improve long term fuel trim and cold start. This is all leading to final tune after I can get accurately dyno'd.
Ok I heard back from both folks.

My fogs sound like they will ship out Friday now. another week total delay. Will be almost 5 weeks before I get them I hope it's worth the wait.

As far JDM, they found that the long term fuel trims are at 10-15%. They want to bring that down to under 5%. More than likely 1-2%. I love that JDM is taking it upon themselves to improve their product on their own. They will email the tune update when done. Hopefully this week? No rush... the PCM adjusts for the fuel as needed, but still, ideally, you'd want to give the right stuff off the bat.

I can't wait to get dyno'd... now I just gotta find some time.
Old 7/23/14, 04:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Martin. My mods are in my sig...
For some reason sigs dont show on the ios app. I just got on my pc and now i see your sig, thats a nice list!
Old 7/23/14, 04:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Wild5.0
For some reason sigs dont show on the ios app. I just got on my pc and now i see your sig, thats a nice list!
They do if you turn them on in your settings in the iOS app
Old 7/23/14, 05:18 PM
Cobra Member

Hey Burton,

Not trying to hijack this thread. just wanted to comment on a previous thread.

oe... I considered Moroso too, but decided to go against it (and got Bob's instead) because of:

1) the inlet and exit to the Moroso can is on the same plane/level. I liked Bob's because the inlet was on the bottom, forcing the mixture upward, increasing the chance to trap the heavier oil substances down.
2) the Moros had an unfinished mounting bracket that I didn't care for. I liked the finished Bob's piece. And it matches the can itself.
3) the price. Wasn't the Moroso almost double the price? I forget.

I'm sure functionally, the Moroso is almost if not as good as Bob's. So you can't go wrong. Your call.

Thanks - As always I do appreciate your feedback as well as everyone else's.

I did find the morose catch can for around $150 but, with that said. I'm looking for functionality and not esthetics or cheaper price point. I'll definitely look at bob's unit!
Old 7/23/14, 05:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
They do if you turn them on in your settings in the iOS app
Oh nice, worked thanks.
Old 7/23/14, 08:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Yep... I remember you telling me "one push of the TC/SC button". We gotta get together again Sean.

If you guys all want to get together here, I'm cool with that. Lunch will have to be part of the works though
I'd be in too. I'll even volunteer my car to be the "before" on a swirl correction instruction!

Seriously though, I'd love to come up and get lessons, if others want to and Burton is willing to.
Old 7/23/14, 10:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I did find the morose catch can for around $150 but, with that said. I'm looking for functionality and not esthetics or cheaper price point. I'll definitely look at bob's unit!
if you choose Bob's. Go with the ultimate version, which has the nice connectors and braided hose! It looks so much better.
Old 7/27/14, 03:05 PM
I Have No Life

Update:

I emptied my bobs today after about 500 miles of driving. Maybe 20 of that was "spirited". This is how much I got out. I'm saving all the bags and labeling. I'd say this is about 2 tablespoons or so? What you think?

I can't believe all this time, pre separator, I was letting all that gunk back in my manifold . Ugh.
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-image-172882620.jpg   My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-image-3481515301.jpg  

Quick Reply: My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...