2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/14, 08:07 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Update:

Yesterday was spent playing with the tune. All was fine except for they accidentally added IAT2 (intake air temp sensor 2)...meaning their tune was looking for it when magnuson didn't have one. It was throwing a CEL, limiting throttle voltage and angle.

A new revision was sent to me today and I went for a datalogging cruise drive, 55mph in 5th, plus 2 WOT runs.

Very smooth. That's the biggest difference. JDM tunes are still on the conservative side, but wow is it ever so responsive and is it ever smooth. No more herky jerky like the stock Maggie tune was. I can tell there's more that JDM is keeping "under wraps"... I am also seeing 9 psi on my gauge now.

So I sent off the datalogs to JDM and waiting to hear back. They said they might be tweaking it some for more power...since now they can see how everything's running.
Old 7/8/14, 08:08 AM
I Have No Life

Oh and yes I'll try to do a video soon
Old 7/8/14, 08:35 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Update:

Yesterday was spent playing with the tune. All was fine except for they accidentally added IAT2 (intake air temp sensor 2)...meaning their tune was looking for it when magnuson didn't have one. It was throwing a CEL, limiting throttle voltage and angle.

A new revision was sent to me today and I went for a datalogging cruise drive, 55mph in 5th, plus 2 WOT runs.

Very smooth. That's the biggest difference. JDM tunes are still on the conservative side, but wow is it ever so responsive and is it ever smooth. No more herky jerky like the stock Maggie tune was. I can tell there's more that JDM is keeping "under wraps"... I am also seeing 9 psi on my gauge now.

So I sent off the datalogs to JDM and waiting to hear back. They said they might be tweaking it some for more power...since now they can see how everything's running.
This whole process you are undergoing fascinates me. I am a software geek who loves cars…go figure. Good luck. How are these tunes affecting your fuel consumption?
Old 7/8/14, 02:41 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Oh and yes I'll try to do a video soon
Awesome man.
I'm sure it'll be fine after they look at your data-logged files.
Old 7/8/14, 03:38 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
This whole process you are undergoing fascinates me. I am a software geek who loves cars…go figure. Good luck. How are these tunes affecting your fuel consumption?
Darren, what JDM can do with their tweaks is amazing. I leave that to the pros

Fuel consumption is supposed to improve, but it's a catch 22 because your right foot is used more. Lol.

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Awesome man. I'm sure it'll be fine after they look at your data-logged files.
Tony... I tell you what, you couldn't be more right. Wow I'm impressed.
Old 7/8/14, 03:39 PM
I Have No Life

Just got back from the final test drive and datalogging. Wow.

Just wow.

3 words...no, sorry, 3 letters.

J...D...M

Posting videos now.
Old 7/8/14, 04:30 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Just got back from the final test drive and datalogging. Wow.
Just wow.
3 words...no, sorry, 3 letters.
J...D...M
Posting videos now.
HA HAAAA
Awesome.
Old 7/8/14, 05:20 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok... going to start this thread to chronicle my latest "updates". I don't think I shared it with all of you yet. Pics will be after this 1st post.

Power:
3.6 pulley - in transit from Magnuson (thanks Cindy!) - UPDATE (arrived 7/2)
Roush Intake - in transit from JDM (thanks Jim!)
JDM tune - arriving today/tomorrow
Gates SC Belt (shorter) - arrived today!

Safety: (not sure what else to call it...lol )
Ford Racing -M50 plugs - shipping today from Hypermotive (thanks Dan!) - UPDATE (arrived 7/2)
Bob's Oil Separator (standard kit) - arrived today!
- Anodized Fittings (blue) and SS braided lines soon!

Aesthetic:
GT/CS Fascia - shipping tomorrow or next week from Hypermotive (thanks Dan!) - UPDATE (arrived 6/30)
Custom Halo Fogs (smoked) - shipping in 2 weeks from HIDGuy (thanks Oscar!)
Custom SpeedDawg **** - installed.

Another step in Marilyn's "evolution". I have been meaning to start a my car then and now thread... it would be neat to see how Marilyn started out stock, and how she is now. Lol...
I am sure alot has changed as this thread is old as dirt but have your eyes wide open with the HIDguy.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/show...light=hid+fogs
Old 7/8/14, 05:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
GOD OP IS TAKING FOREVER FOR THOSE VIDEOS.....

haha.
Old 7/8/14, 05:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MJJ
I am sure alot has changed as this thread is old as dirt but have your eyes wide open with the HIDguy.

http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/show...light=hid+fogs

its only like a 2 week old thread...
Old 7/8/14, 05:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer
its only like a 2 week old thread...
The thread he posted is from 2009...
Old 7/8/14, 05:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
The thread he posted is from 2009...
oh okay i get what he's sayin now.
Old 7/8/14, 05:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
The videos are awesome!

Oops, did I say that?
Old 7/8/14, 06:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLAMPS ON BOB'S OIL SEPERATOR

So I finished doing some "clean up" today. I ordered a straight through pcv connector...since I didn't like the look of hose going straight into the intake of the Maggie. So since the connector came with the driver side hose, I used my heat gun to expand and loosen the connector so I could pull it off.

After that, trimmed the hose to length, then slid everything on. Voila. Much cleaner oem look IMO.
Hey Z, I could not bring myself to use the worm clamps on my installation of the Bob's oil sep just because they are butt ugly and everything else under the hood looks so good. I am looking at the Gates "power grip clamp" which is a plastic shrink clamp part # 465-32922. Any thoughts? I gave up on the -AN braided hose because of the i.d. of the hose needed to be 5/8 in. to be able to slide over the pcv nipple. There must be something I don't understand about the AN hose sizes. I'm not using any clamps now and so far no leaks.
Old 7/8/14, 06:28 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
HA HAAAA Awesome.

Originally Posted by MJJ
I am sure alot has changed as this thread is old as dirt but have your eyes wide open with the HIDguy. http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/show...light=hid+fogs
Sean...that thread is about HIDs in the stock fog light housings. They are not meant to handle that much heat. My new fog lights are the stock same fog lights, ordered brand new, and then they retrofit them with the LED COBs (better than LED SMDs), then reseal. I'm not putting HIDs in my stock fog housings. I will be using the same bulbs I have now, which are 6000k LEDs from VLEDs.

Originally Posted by rmurer
GOD OP IS TAKING FOREVER FOR THOSE VIDEOS..... haha.
Originally Posted by Gabe
The videos are awesome! Oops, did I say that?
Hahahaha ok ok... Vids coming next post. Sorry had to eat dinner... Here's a pic of dinner from wifey...Indian tonight all from scratch. vegetable curry. Basmati rice with cinammon, clove, and onion...then tandoori chicken. And no we are not Indian, my wife just cooks great!!! Lol How could I say no to that???

Originally Posted by CLARKIES GT
Hey Z, I could not bring myself to use the worm clamps on my installation of the Bob's oil sep just because they are butt ugly and everything else under the hood looks so good. I am looking at the Gates "power grip clamp" which is a plastic shrink clamp part # 465-32922. Any thoughts? I gave up on the -AN braided hose because of the i.d. of the hose needed to be 5/8 in. to be able to slide over the pcv nipple. There must be something I don't understand about the AN hose sizes. I'm not using any clamps now and so far no leaks.
Clark... I hate the clamps too. What other option do I have? Hmmmm. I should have just paid 100bucks extra from bobs to get the braided kit. I'm not an expert on the hose either, but I want some nice braided lines and some nice clamps . Fill me in if you get some...
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-image-2790148347.jpg  

Last edited by FromZto5; 7/8/14 at 06:36 PM.
Old 7/8/14, 06:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I've seen the vids
Old 7/8/14, 06:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
I've seen the vids
Old 7/8/14, 06:47 PM
I Have No Life

Ok ok...sorry for the delay. Videos are up! But before that, I just wanted to say a big thank you to JDM, particularly Jim Jr and Nick, and also to Jim Sr who wrote the tune.

JDM, just like Hypermotive, is another example why they will get REPEAT business from me. From the get go, they were very responsive and accommodating, right when I just called them to simply ask about what options I had to upgrade my current magnuson kit. They were very friendly, patient, and ultra quick to get back to me. The WHOLE time, they remained this way...not just until they got me to BUY their stuff. Sadly, that is not the case for other BIG name companies that frequent this site. Those of you who know me know EXACTLY what I mean and what companies I am talking about. They will never get my business. And reputation, good or bad, spreads like wildfire, especially through mouths like mine. If you do good, people will hear. If you do bad, well, people will still hear.

So with that, kudos again to JDM. Big props.

What happened since yesterday:

1st tune:
They accidentally included the Intake Air Temp Sensor 2 (IAT2) in the tune. And it threw a CEL, POO098, which was IAT2 Circuit High. We thought it was a disconnected MAF/sensor, so I checked that, then cleared the DTC. Went for a drive…logged idle, cruise, sent back to JDM for testing, and all was good.

They gave me the green light for the WOT runs. I did em, but unfortunately, after 3k rpm, it felt like I was on 4 cylinders. Uh oh. Sent them the data, and after discussing a bit, they found the IAT2 issue I mentioned above, and sent me a conservative tune taking that out.

2nd tune:
Received it late yesterday, loaded it, and ran the same tests… felt MUCH better but I was not allowed to go over 5k rpm. So I could tell there was more power now… so I sent the logs back, and they wanted me to do WOT now. So I did that this morning. Felt MORE alive, but I could tell it was still limited… I was starting to get concerned, I admit.

After sending the data logs back, I confirmed with JDM that they purposely "capped" the tune to make sure I was safe. In retrospect, I was so pleased they did this. They really were thinking ahead and had safety as their utmost importance. All the new data looked good. The IAT2 error initially, was limiting throttle voltage…the computer sensed it, and it was protecting itself.

3rd tune:
This morning they gave me the FINAL tune. This is the one that once they knew it was safe, they are giving me the "real" tune. Same process. Now I go WOT.

HOLY BUCKETS. My car just came alive. The best way to explain it is, when compared to my stock Magnuson tune and setup, this new JDM tune (paired with all the mods) is:

MORE RESPONSIVE.
MORE LINEAR.
MORE POWER (of course)…
but best of all… SMOooooooooooooooooth…. Buttery smooth. I mean, I just go. I didn't realize the stock magnuson was this herky jerky until I tested out JDM's new tune.

I was SO happy. I data logged again, then sent it back and got the thumbs up.

My car drives like a dream now. I just came back from another ride…. I'm all giddy.

The new set up along with the tune, is just FANTASTIC. I know I'm probably only making maybe 550 to 575 whp, now, but I'm ok with that. JDM is conservative, but a smarter conservative. I love that.

So again, here's the pic of the setup, and a few vids I made….

Watch how quickly boost builds… and how smooth it is. I'm at 9.5-10psi now…

2nd Gear WOT…

3rd Gear WOT…
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-img_4046-1-.jpg  

Last edited by FromZto5; 7/15/14 at 02:40 PM.
Old 7/8/14, 07:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Awesome, glad to see you're happy with JDM ... I know I love the tune they set ME up with
Old 7/8/14, 07:12 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Gabe
Awesome, glad to see you're happy with JDM ... I know I love the tune they set ME up with
Gabe...thank you SO much for recommending them. I almost went with another tuner but didn't like the vibe I got from them.

Quick Reply: My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...