Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 7/11/14, 05:28 AM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Actually I DO remember that! You were correct

If JDM could do that with their tune, I wonder if other tuning companies have similar tunes? Or as good a tune I mean.

Than you sir!!!

Purple and blue ftw!!
Burton

Glad to hear that you are pleased with the new mods. It will make the car much more enjoyable to drive. Videos show it pulls strong.

Yes, there are a number of good tuners that can fix a box tune (AED, VMP, Lund, Larocca etc...)

The car is now getting better gas mileage because it was set to be pig rich before. It is now more lean using less fuel. This is a normal with a quality tune.

Do the GT's came with knock sensors btw? Stick with top tier fuel stations only. Quick Trip of all places is listed as a company that has top tier fuel.

The coyote in factory form was not designed to be supercharged (high compression, non forged). Ford racing sells an aluminator 5.0 with lower compression/forged bits that is designed for S/C.

Clearly 1000's of owners have done it and with a good tune and good gas they have been safe. just stick to those and not hang in the redline section for any extended time and you will be safe.

Car looks great.
Old 7/11/14, 07:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Oil separator install is complete. I ended up needing only one 90degree pcv connector because the pcv intake inlet to the Maggie was already oriented 90 degrees putting it right inline with the separator fitting. This actually me to have a shorter hose run plus no bends/kinks in the hose.

Pics show my harbor freight 3/8's torque wrench which I love since I bought on special , also my Father's Day gift this year...18v Milwaukee Fuel impact driver. God I love that thing.
Picked up the 18v fuel impact driver a week ago. Best tool I have added to my garage ever. The adjustable torque settings are awesome.
Old 7/11/14, 08:53 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by MJJ
Burton Glad to hear that you are pleased with the new mods. It will make the car much more enjoyable to drive. Videos show it pulls strong. Yes, there are a number of good tuners that can fix a box tune (AED, VMP, Lund, Larocca etc...) The car is now getting better gas mileage because it was set to be pig rich before. It is now more lean using less fuel. This is a normal with a quality tune. Do the GT's came with knock sensors btw? Stick with top tier fuel stations only. Quick Trip of all places is listed as a company that has top tier fuel. The coyote in factory form was not designed to be supercharged (high compression, non forged). Ford racing sells an aluminator 5.0 with lower compression/forged bits that is designed for S/C. Clearly 1000's of owners have done it and with a good tune and good gas they have been safe. just stick to those and not hang in the redline section for any extended time and you will be safe. Car looks great.
Hi Sean. I think we have just a few quick trips around here...perhaps Des Moines has a larger selection than here.

As far as fuel consumption, yeah, BIG difference. Since yesterday's pic of 15.4 mpg, now I'm up to 16.4 in town. That's crazy. I've never had that mileage, since maybe stock. Even then I think I was at 15ish. Interestingly enough, the sound out of my corsas sound smoother and more refined and more even, if you will. Less popping. I would attribute that to less fuel (rich) being wasted/unburned.

Regarding safety, yeah I have no concerns. She's more optimal now than she ever was. And no worries, I don't track or race her, so the redlining she will see is probably never, since when I drive her on the street I'll rarely ever go wot, and when I do, I let off or shift by 6k rpm.

Btw, cars-coffee Saturday but rain! I wanted to get dyno'd too... Shucks.
Old 7/11/14, 01:44 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by imeyers302
Picked up the 18v fuel impact driver a week ago. Best tool I have added to my garage ever. The adjustable torque settings are awesome.
Hands down the best power tool I've ever used or owned.
Old 7/11/14, 03:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been looking to get an impact gun to do my suspension, what model did you guys get? 1/4, 3/8, or 1/2 inch? What would you recommend?
Old 7/11/14, 07:17 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by mrc728
Been looking to get an impact gun to do my suspension, what model did you guys get? 1/4, 3/8, or 1/2 inch? What would you recommend?
You'll probably need at least 1/4, then 1/2. I have the cordless set. Not sure what the air impacts have.
Old 7/13/14, 08:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
I'd say 1/2". You can always get adapters down to 3/8 and 1/4 inch drives. Not familiar with the Milwaukee driver, but I've had the Ryobi ones. The smaller one (1/4" --1600 in-lbs) was just about worthless --could barely break the lug nuts loose. I returned it the next day for the 1/2" driver (200 ft-lbs (2400 in-lbs)) and the difference was night and day. I changed my struts last year and had the whole job done in under 2 hours thanks to this thing. It doesn't have adjustable torque settings (it does have a continuously variable trigger so you can control how much torque) but I always use a regular torque wrench when torquing everything to spec
Old 7/13/14, 09:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have an older DeWalt 14.4V 1/2" cordless impact. It's not enough to break em loose, I gotta use a bar to crack em on the ground before I jack up. It'll tighten them to 85 ft lbs. or so but coming off requires double the tightening torque and it doesn't get it done. I'm going to be doing some reconfiguring in my garage and a compressor/air tools is on the list.
Old 7/13/14, 11:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
I have an older DeWalt 14.4V 1/2" cordless impact. It's not enough to break em loose, I gotta use a bar to crack em on the ground before I jack up. It'll tighten them to 85 ft lbs. or so but coming off requires double the tightening torque and it doesn't get it done. I'm going to be doing some reconfiguring in my garage and a compressor/air tools is on the list.
I use a breaker bar to break then loose anyways. Using the impact to break them loose chews up the lugs. Breaker bar - impact - remove wheel - install wheel - impact - torque wrench. It takes a little longer, but still less than doing it all by hand and less risk of chewing up the lugs or scarring the lug holes on the wheels. I also blue painters tape the sockets.
Old 7/13/14, 03:50 PM
I Have No Life

Okay… so today, I went pure aesthetic yes, I did go out and enjoy my new mods and tune, but I took photos today. Enjoy!

p.s. my new fogs should arrive this week. Look for updates then.

Last edited by FromZto5; 7/13/14 at 08:12 PM.
Old 7/13/14, 04:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Good looking car.
Old 7/13/14, 09:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
As always, your car looks awesome Burton! I don't know what profession you're in, but car photography could be an option should this not work out :-)
Old 7/14/14, 12:10 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
I would agree…'CAR'tography for the win
Old 7/15/14, 06:01 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Blown CS
Good looking car.
Originally Posted by Plim
As always, your car looks awesome Burton! I don't know what profession you're in, but car photography could be an option should this not work out :-)
Originally Posted by DarrenGT
I would agree…'CAR'tography for the win
Thanks a ton guys. I've always loved cars and everything about them. Developed a love for photography initially to showcase cars, now it's just all types of photography
Old 7/15/14, 03:11 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,723 Likes on 1,226 Posts
Love this photo bro!
Killer!
Old 7/15/14, 04:06 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Love this photo bro! Killer!
What I forgot to say was, when I went to ask for permission to take a photo, they politely hid inside so as not to be in my shot. Hindsight, I actually should've asked them to pose outside with the car... America's finest indeed. We ended up chatting about the car afterwards.

Last edited by FromZto5; 7/16/14 at 01:16 PM.
Old 7/15/14, 08:14 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Burton

Can you photograph my cars sometime? I would pay you for your time and expense.

Also looked at a new toy today. Hmmm...

Sean
Old 7/15/14, 10:24 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by MJJ
Burton Can you photograph my cars sometime? I would pay you for your time and expense. Also looked at a new toy today. Hmmm... Sean
Sean...what's up buddy. Yeah when I'm in town next we'll do a photo shoot. Hopefully I'll be over sometime next month. My son's bball games are done after this weekend so I can go to Des Moines more often.

Besides, I need to get dyno'd at Karl's soon.
Old 7/16/14, 09:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 542 Likes on 422 Posts
GREAT pics Burton ... just amazing, dude ... I so wish you were closer so we could have detailing parties, LMAO ...
Old 7/16/14, 01:20 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Gabe
GREAT pics Burton ... just amazing, dude ... I so wish you were closer so we could have detailing parties, LMAO ...
Thanks a lot Gabe... Cars, working/wrenching on cars, detailing cars, and photography are all my passions. I love doing that stuff. I keep telling my wife that "hey, instead of hanging out at bars, or spending (wasting) $$$ on hobbies like Golf etc, I'm usually in the garage working on the car/s or taking pictures of the car/s."

lol

But yes, a detailing meet is what we need next. So many folks who think they know what they're doing, but are actually swirling/scratching their cars...

Quick Reply: My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...