2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 8/9/14, 06:01 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
every day is cheat day huh
lol…. I figured after a successful dyno (first 2 were duds), I figured I deserved a Rock Shrimp Basket. At least I got sweet potatoes. hehe… hopefully won't interfere with my bench reps and max on Monday
Old 8/9/14, 06:17 PM
I Have No Life

Update: Went to the Des Moines Cars and Coffee today for a show and dyno! Figured I'd take Sean's (MJJ) advice and try Karl's Performance. They had a superflow dyno. I hope waking up at 4:45 am to drive 2 hours to cool down in time, was finally worth it. Turns out, it was finally a success.

We arrived there at 7:15. Parked, and put my name in for the dyno shootout. I let 2 other guys get on before me. I got on, around 9. Almost 2 hours of cool down would hopefully do the trick. Temp was 70ish…hardly any humidity. Perfect.

Got strapped on within minutes. And his "setup" time, literally took many 5 minutes tops. Started the car, and within a couple minutes of additional set up and sync time, we literally did our first pull.

510 whp and 434 wtq

Waited about 15 minutes with 2 fans on, then did it again.

Finally!!! Redemption! Numbers where I wanted to be! (sortta…lol) 521 whp and 446 wtq. 15 to 20% loss, puts me at what, between 615 and 650 crank hp? Best part of all this, is the torque curve. I love that plateau. Starts before 3500 rpm and stays. That's why I prefer an SC over a turbo.

I really think the key was how awesome the dyno guy was. I mean he was FAST. Strap. Set up. Go. No f*ing around, no dinking around with other mumbo jumbo runs that get me all heat soaked. Remember the other 2??? I mean Christ…they were getting me all heat soaked AND entering all the data wrong.

So anyways, those are the numbers. 8.5lbs of boost. I'll take it. Thanks for bearing with me the last couple months on this fiasco of getting properly dyno'd.

Up next for mods? CF driveshaft and maybe an upgraded Heat Exchanger/Dual fans, etc… I need some cooling upgrades

Here's the pics:

The heartbreaker itself!!!

Waiting to get on the dyno NEXT!!!

Getting set up….

Here's the vids. 1st one is his ONLY "setup run". Notice how quick it is. He knew what he was doing. No wasting time getting heat soaked. We ran right after.

And here's the vid of the 1st pull. The 2nd pull I didn't get a good video of Either way, the Corsas are on full blare…

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/9/14 at 07:01 PM.
Old 8/9/14, 06:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That's what I'm talking about! 521rwhp is great at just 8.5 psi. Nice torque curve as well. Now for the real test, lets see what she does in the 1/4 mile
Old 8/9/14, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good info on the dyno. I am putting my magnuson on this week. Pretty much the same setup as you. 3.6 pulley with the Roush CAI. I also have American Racing long tube headers and x - pipe so that should boost the power some. JDM is going to do the tuning. Probably have them dyno tune it.
Old 8/9/14, 06:54 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by KushBandit
That's what I'm talking about! 521rwhp is great at just 8.5 psi. Nice torque curve as well. Now for the real test, lets see what she does in the 1/4 mile
thanks Joseph! As for the strip, yeah that might be a while

Yeah, mild boost is good for this current setup.

Originally Posted by TalonDrvr
Good info on the dyno. I am putting my magnuson on this week. Pretty much the same setup as you. 3.6 pulley with the Roush CAI. I also have American Racing long tube headers and x - pipe so that should boost the power some. JDM is going to do the tuning. Probably have them dyno tune it.
Good luck with the setup. The best part of the Maggie is it's very streetable, useable power. Not insane power capable like the Whipples… but just right.

As for JDM, Jim Jr and Nick rock. They're tweaking the final tune for me to get my fuel trims right. If you're having them dyno tune it, you're driving to Jersey?
Old 8/9/14, 07:22 PM

I have a local dyno, they are going to remote tune it while I am at the Dyno.
Old 8/9/14, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice Burton! about time someone reliable comes along for ya!! sweet numbers! feel like I haven't been on for awhile since the andoid app isn't working anymore and that's basically how I was always on also im in cr this weekend, ill give ya a text tomorrow since the gf works all day tomorrow and I want to not sit around her apartment all day
Old 8/10/14, 12:37 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
That's awesome Burton. Congrats bro.
She looks, sounds awesome and I bet she goes awesome. Have fun man.
Old 8/10/14, 01:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice numbers, Burton! She's looking fantastic. Must be such a thrill to go from the stock numbers up to where you're at. I want one!
Old 8/10/14, 03:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice numbers! That power with 8.5 psi of boost is amazing especially that torque curve, thats like 150+ whp more than stock ****. I am guessing you can get into mid to low 11s easily now.

Last edited by Wild5.0; 8/10/14 at 03:01 PM.
Old 8/10/14, 04:30 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife
Nice Burton! about time someone reliable comes along for ya!! sweet numbers! feel like I haven't been on for awhile since the andoid app isn't working anymore and that's basically how I was always on also im in cr this weekend, ill give ya a text tomorrow since the gf works all day tomorrow and I want to not sit around her apartment all day
Originally Posted by Stage_3
That's awesome Burton. Congrats bro.
She looks, sounds awesome and I bet she goes awesome. Have fun man.
Originally Posted by Last1
Nice numbers, Burton! She's looking fantastic. Must be such a thrill to go from the stock numbers up to where you're at. I want one!
Originally Posted by Wild5.0
Nice numbers! That power with 8.5 psi of boost is amazing especially that torque curve, thats like 150+ whp more than stock ****. I am guessing you can get into mid to low 11s easily now.
Thanks a ton guys. It was a long time coming. Now I can rest. LOL. Done modding?

hmmmm

ok ok, maybe after a CF Driveshaft, upgraded heat exchanger, and maybe a new front grille (for more air).
Old 8/11/14, 06:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Finally man! Awesome i still feel you should be puttin down better numbers but... dyno is a dyno. Plan on ever taking her to a 1/4 track?

My car would have never fit on that dyno, my front chin splitter would have not played well with those front drums.
Old 8/11/14, 07:48 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by rmurer
Finally man! Awesome i still feel you should be puttin down better numbers but... dyno is a dyno. Plan on ever taking her to a 1/4 track?

My car would have never fit on that dyno, my front chin splitter would have not played well with those front drums.
Thanks Russ! Yeah, I guess if I was on a DynoJet, I'd get what, 3% more-ish? So "maybe" 530 to 540?

But eh, I'm not going to complain. I'm satisfied. I'm happy... for now... my track record with Dyno's haven't been that good, so, I will take this and cherish it.

edit: as far as those rollers, yes it was an awd superflow dyno. Nice set up actually. I was a tad worried about my GT CS scraping, but they knew what they were doing. What I thought was amusing was all the Car Show and Dyno Shootout onlookers. They all crowd behind the car, waiting, looking, listening. Eager to find out the numbers. I can't imagine if I put down 400 again. LOL I admit I was nervous. A lot of folks complimented me on the exhaust though, especially on full wail. It was a spectacle to be heard, especially resonating in the dyno room and out the door.

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/11/14 at 07:51 AM.
Old 8/11/14, 08:06 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Thanks Russ! Yeah, I guess if I was on a DynoJet, I'd get what, 3% more-ish? So "maybe" 530 to 540?

But eh, I'm not going to complain. I'm satisfied. I'm happy... for now... my track record with Dyno's haven't been that good, so, I will take this and cherish it.

edit: as far as those rollers, yes it was an awd superflow dyno. Nice set up actually. I was a tad worried about my GT CS scraping, but they knew what they were doing. What I thought was amusing was all the Car Show and Dyno Shootout onlookers. They all crowd behind the car, waiting, looking, listening. Eager to find out the numbers. I can't imagine if I put down 400 again. LOL I admit I was nervous. A lot of folks complimented me on the exhaust though, especially on full wail. It was a spectacle to be heard, especially resonating in the dyno room and out the door.
yeah my failed dyno run even with the minimal power my car was making when the guy went "WOT" (which it really wasnt) it was super loud even outside the shop loll.
Old 8/11/14, 08:16 AM
I Have No Life

delete duplicate post
Old 8/11/14, 03:51 PM

I too am surprised about the power. I know the SVT mustang with the magnuson with a stock air box and 3.9 pulley put down 512hp at the wheels. Magnuson claims a gain of 20hp for each pound of boost. 3.9 to 3.6 is about another 2.25lbs of boost, so roughly another 40-45hp. I wonder if the tune is ultra conservative? JDM is doing my tune but considering AED to do one as well.
Old 8/11/14, 05:31 PM
I Have No Life

I too am surprised about the power. I know the SVT mustang with the magnuson with a stock air box and 3.9 pulley put down 512hp at the wheels. Magnuson claims a gain of 20hp for each pound of boost. 3.9 to 3.6 is about another 2.25lbs of boost, so roughly another 40-45hp. I wonder if the tune is ultra conservative? JDM is doing my tune but considering AED to do one as well.
Yes, I think they are on the conservative and safe side. But I'm ok with that. The best part about their tunes is it's very smoooooooth. Not herky jerky. Their customer service is great too. They're still coming up with a final revision for me, since the long term fuel trims are still around 10%. We want it at 5 or less.

That being said, AED or vmp or Lund are fine too. Do me a favor, don't go bama. Lol
Old 8/11/14, 05:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Different dyno, different TYPE of dyno, different day, different car, different weather, ..... etc
Old 8/11/14, 05:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Bro!!
Old 8/11/14, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gabe
Different dyno, different TYPE of dyno, different day, different car, different weather, ..... etc
Yes, understand and agree. Just kind of surprised to see it that low, would have thought 550-560.

Quick Reply: My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...