2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/14, 06:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burton,
If your car wasn't so awesome... I'd hate you for not having "fun" in it.
Old 8/11/14, 07:05 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Different dyno, different TYPE of dyno, different day, different car, different weather, ..... etc
I agree gabe

Originally Posted by Lou_n_Ada
Congrats Bro!!
Thanks Lou! I appreciate it

Originally Posted by TalonDrvr
Yes, understand and agree. Just kind of surprised to see it that low, would have thought 550-560.
What gabe said. Just look at my prior two dyno sessions. So many things can influence the numbers...especially the skill and know how of the dyno operator. I know now, with confidence, of what my numbers are. And I'm very happy with it. Safe.

Originally Posted by OnceYouGoBlack
Burton, If your car wasn't so awesome... I'd hate you for not having "fun" in it.
Lol... What do you mean josh? hehe
Old 8/11/14, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Supercharging a stang just to garage it and take pictures... It should be a sin!! Sloth-like or something...
Old 8/11/14, 10:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
howd that bench press go brah
Old 8/12/14, 12:25 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by OnceYouGoBlack
Supercharging a stang just to garage it and take pictures... It should be a sin!! Sloth-like or something...
I've got 10,1xx miles on her now. 3 years old. See, I do drive her

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
howd that bench press go brah
Actually benched 315 yesterday. I weigh 147.
Old 8/12/14, 12:27 PM
I Have No Life

Update on the halo fog return:

I confirmed with the vendor that they received my return today. Now comes the waiting game. I tried to talk to the "manager" who I dealt with before but he's out. I'll check again later to make sure they process the refund. The credit card company is informed in case they try to be bad about it and procrastinate the refund. We will see.

Meanwhile, I sent JDM another datalog for them to see the fuel trims as they continue to refine my tune.
Old 8/12/14, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait, what's up with your tune? I was thinking of getting theirs soon...
Old 8/12/14, 12:55 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Last1
Wait, what's up with your tune? I was thinking of getting theirs soon...
Nothing wrong with the tune... but like me, they are perfectionists, and that's a good thing.

The fuel trims should be at 1.00, ideally. The range is usually 10%. My short term fuel trims are under 5%, but my long terms are around 10%. Despite the fact that the ECU compensates/corrects itself for the "perfect" fuel amount, it is still ideal that the tune be as close to 1.00, as expected... in other words, less correction that the ECU does, the better. Car already gets the perfect amount of fuel, regardless of current fuel trim state.

So again, as it sits, the tune is fine. We just want to be "perfect".

Does that make sense?

Another reason why I love JDM...and they've been very good. It is this "attention to detail" and willingness to do all they can to ensure the customer is informed and gets the best product and service they can give. Mind you, JDM themselves contacted ME (not me contact them) about this, and they were the ones that said, "Hey, your tune is fine the way it is, but we want it perfect for you, so we will be doing adjustments, etc....."

That's why JDM is great, in my book. It makes me shudder to think what the other "big name" companies out there (y'all know WHICH one I'm talking about) would do in this situation. You think they'd communicate with the customer and offer up to be 100% perfect rather than 95% perfect? pssssshhhhh yeah right.

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/12/14 at 12:57 PM.
Old 8/12/14, 01:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Actually benched 315 yesterday. I weigh 147.
in for video of this
Old 8/12/14, 01:19 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
in for video of this
LOL... I have a vid of 305, then 310, but was too pumped/excited to remember to vid the 315. I figured I wouldn't have gotten it. But I got 4 days rest, and had a good night's sleep. So I will try again Friday. Will shoot vid then. I've been trying to get to 315 for a year now. slowly building... you know how it goes. The rock shrimp lunch in Des Moines didn't help last Saturday
Old 8/12/14, 01:22 PM
I Have No Life

Oh crap, forgot another update... in an attempt to obtain a REAL set of high quality Halo Fogs, I've solicited the input (via email) of both Yukes Retrofit and Diode Dynamics. Let's see what they say.
Old 8/12/14, 01:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the info, Burton! Looking forward to working with them. Have to wait until the fall though. Can't be without my car as it's my DD.
Old 8/12/14, 01:53 PM
I Have No Life

Thanks for the info, Burton! Looking forward to working with them. Have to wait until the fall though. Can't be without my car as it's my DD.
They'll just need a morning or afternoon to do a dyno tune, I would think, as long as you schedule it. I could be wrong though. Have you chatted with them yet? Talk to Jim, and tell him I sent you.

What tune are you having them do? for an NA set up? or are you getting a blower?
Old 8/12/14, 02:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
LOL... I have a vid of 305, then 310, but was too pumped/excited to remember to vid the 315. I figured I wouldn't have gotten it. But I got 4 days rest, and had a good night's sleep. So I will try again Friday. Will shoot vid then. I've been trying to get to 315 for a year now. slowly building... you know how it goes. The rock shrimp lunch in Des Moines didn't help last Saturday
Burton certainly you know the web rule: video/pictures or it didn’t happen! DOH!

At my sleep deprived, beer soaked age of 51, 315 might be a push for me these days and at a lean 210 pounds I’m a lot bigger boy than you! Well done -if it did truly happen- :O

BTW, I’m with the guy who said you should be flogged for not having FUN with that car after all the mods you’ve done to it. It’s not going to look beautiful forever no matter how hard you try and because there was a brazillian of them made, our Mustangs are never (At least in our lifetimes) going to be worth more than they are now. Enjoy it for what it is. A scar here and there just proves you’re putting it to its intended use: FUN!
Now running and hiding!
John

Last edited by Horspla; 8/12/14 at 02:49 PM.
Old 8/12/14, 05:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

They'll just need a morning or afternoon to do a dyno tune, I would think, as long as you schedule it. I could be wrong though. Have you chatted with them yet? Talk to Jim, and tell him I sent you.

What tune are you having them do? for an NA set up? or are you getting a blower?
I spoke to Nick "I think?" about a week ago. I am going to go there for suspension work and he was talking to me about their tune. Not getting a blower... yet I was considering a tune for daily drive use that is more throttle responsive in addition to adding a little bit of power. That being said... I'm still toying with the idea of throwing my warranty out the window for a tune alone. I wil definitely ask for Jim when I end up going in there...and drop your name. Thanks man... your setup is inspiring!
Old 8/12/14, 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Computers should come with breathalyzers -_-

Last edited by OnceYouGoBlack; 8/13/14 at 07:38 AM.
Old 8/12/14, 09:42 PM
I Have No Life

I spoke to Nick "I think?" about a week ago. I am going to go there for suspension work and he was talking to me about their tune. Not getting a blower... yet I was considering a tune for daily drive use that is more throttle responsive in addition to adding a little bit of power. That being said... I'm still toying with the idea of throwing my warranty out the window for a tune alone. I wil definitely ask for Jim when I end up going in there...and drop your name. Thanks man... your setup is inspiring!
Nick and Jim jr are both excellent and very easy to work with. I've dealt with both of them.

As for the tune itself, I can't speak to an aftermarket tune while NA. I've always had stock, then the blower plus Maggie running the Maggie tune. That being said, the Maggie tune and jdm tune are night and day,. Jdm being the more drivable one, of course.
Old 8/21/14, 10:10 PM
I Have No Life

Okay... I have an update for this thread.

I obtained my refund from HIDguy earlier this week. Thank goodness. Ugh that place just pisses me off whenever I think about it.

Due to some recommendations from my buddies here on this forum, I have contacted and heard back from a vendor/sub vendor to perform the halo fog retrofit for me. I contacted them and I liked what I heard. In fact, my latest update is that I removed my fogs already and shipped them to him today. He should receive them Saturday or monday, and he already ordered the white COB LED that will go inside it.

Due to my recent experience, I will refrain from giving the vendor name until after this job is done. Let's just say I did my homework this time and did a lot of research on them before taking the plunge.

For now, here's a pic of my actual fogs that I shipped, plus the next 3 pics are examples of his "work". Mine will be similar in color/appearance to the white one.

I'll keep y'all posted.
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-image.jpg  

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/21/14 at 10:16 PM.
Old 8/21/14, 10:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Okay... I have an update for this thread. I obtained my refund from HIDguy earlier this week. Thank goodness. Ugh that place just pisses me off whenever I think about it. Due to some recommendations from my buddies here on this forum, I have contacted and heard back from a vendor/sub vendor to perform the halo fog retrofit for me. I contacted them and I liked what I heard. In fact, my latest update is that I removed my fogs already and shipped them to him today. He should receive them Saturday or monday, and he already ordered the white COB LED that will go inside it. Due to my recent experience, I will refrain from giving the vendor name until after this job is done. Let's just say I did my homework this time and did a lot of research on them before taking the plunge. For now, here's a pic of my actual fogs that I shipped, plus the next 3 pics are examples of his "work". Mine will be similar in color/appearance to the white one. I'll keep y'all posted.
You forgot the pics...
Old 8/21/14, 10:18 PM
I Have No Life

Not allowing multiple upload... So one at a time
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...