2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/14, 10:10 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Couple of updates:

JDM just e-mailed me Tune #4... this should perfect the long term fuel trims to be well under 5%. Going to install that today or this week when I have time.

My halo fogs arrived. Wife just texted me that they arrived! 6.5 weeks in the making. Wow. With my luck, the product will be all scratched up, damaged, or doesn't work, etc.

Also, since none of you replied with any wiring help, I found this!

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=710&viewfil...se%20Lamps.pdf
Old 8/6/14, 02:12 PM
I Have No Life

Well... I'll be the first to say, YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT.

My halo fogs arrived from HIDguy. And I'm very disappointed to say the least.

Remember that this took 6.5 weeks to arrive, mind you.

Package arrived today, and I'm greeted with:

a) A large crack on the edge of the lens where they "opened" it up then resealed. Not only will it be visible from the outside, but that's a major cause/concern for moisture and water seeping in.

b) There's either a "glob" of adhesive or something else on the right side face of the lens. It won't come off. Tried scrubbing it, cleaning it, rubbing it off...even claying it. I even started marring the rest of the lens surface so I stopped. Not sure if it's even a burn mark of some sort.

Either way, I'm not sure how this item could have passed quality check. Would you guys accept something like this?

So anyways, I have a call into them and emailed them the pics. The way I see it, there's 2 solutions.

1) I run with this current set up, while they manufacture another x1 fog light assembly with the issues addressed.

2) Complete refund on everything.

I'm leaning towards #2 right now... but I dunno.

Thoughts?

So disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-crack1.jpg   My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-crack2.jpg   My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-crack3.jpg   My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-glob1.jpg   My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...-glob2.jpg  

Old 8/6/14, 02:30 PM
I Have No Life

Here's the response from them... Buckle up. I almost fell off my chair when I read this. I'm on hold right now for the "manager".....

THEM:
Hello Burton,
I spoke with my tech and my manager, he said that the seal is fine, he also said its not going to be something you can see when you install it on the car, its something that happened when he was opening the headlights , and that little bit of RTV on the lens will wash off when you bath the car, it was just too soon on the paint to try and scrub it off.

ME:
I respectfully disagree. The crack is pretty far inward. Looking at my current stock fog lights currently on the car, I can see completely around the fog lights and can see the outer edges of the "rim". Therefore, I am 100% sure that crack will be visible. That to me is unacceptable, esp when my car is a show car and gets judged with scrutinizing eyes. As far as the "seal" goes, you can see in the picture that there is no black RTV/adhesive around that area. Therefore, repeated cold/hot cycle exposures will cause a leak in the future.

Secondly, the "RTV" glob on the face does not wipe off. I already tried scrubbing with cleaner and microfiber towels. I even got a claybar out to scrub repeatedly. In fact, with me rubbing so hard it's starting to scratch the lens, even with microfiber towels. It's not coming off without severely scratching the lens.

My suggestion is that you guys please manufacture a 2nd fog light that is made correctly and without these issues...meanwhile, I will "run" with this setup as is, and when you guys send me the replacement, I send it back in a prepaid (by you) package to you.

I can call you and discuss.

THEM:
Burton.. we understand your position honestly we can’t just make another one these are custom made and custom smoked, if you want you can just send them back and we can refund you, I mean i think you got a really good deal on them from the beginning, but we can’t just make a new one and send it out, it would be too hard to duplicate something as custom as that light.

===============================

I about fell over my chair when I read that.

Apparently, we as customers, are supposed to just accept $hitty workmanship from suppliers. Even if say, the fog light was cracked in 1/2, too bad so sad. Where are some people's standards? And there's nothing "Custom" about my lights. In fact, they were going to sell these in mass quantities shortly after mine. It's a basic 2012 fog light, with halos, that are smoked. Ummm... what's "custom" about it? Especially if you're selling it and plan to put it on your site? Besides, the fact that it's custom has nothing to do with the fact that you manufactured a product that doesn't meet the expectations of the customer. Period.

Wow... just wow.

Looks like it's refund time. They better pay for shipping too.
Old 8/6/14, 02:48 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
What a bunch of hacks!
Old 8/6/14, 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That's ridiculous! Then they try to just play it off as well it's sealed it won't leak, I'm honestly surprised they went as far as saying they did it while taking it apart! Get your money back and avoid that company there will be nothing good coming from them.
Old 8/6/14, 03:57 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
At least you have an exit plan where you're offered a refund. Hopefully its a full one at that. Sucks though.
Old 8/6/14, 03:57 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
What a bunch of hacks!
Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife
That's ridiculous! Then they try to just play it off as well it's sealed it won't leak, I'm honestly surprised they went as far as saying they did it while taking it apart! Get your money back and avoid that company there will be nothing good coming from them.
Ain't that something though? Question for you guys and others, seeing those pics above. Would you accept those products and run those on your car? I mean honestly…
Old 8/6/14, 04:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
hell no.

also is it just me or 3rd pic down upper left corner, are the lens's scuffed up? seems like there are ton of small scratches.
Old 8/6/14, 04:17 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This guy seems to be popular round my area. He's got some photos on his Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Only if you wanted to wait longer and return that stuff.

http://yukeshidretrofits.com/

If you keep the current ones it is going to eat at you
Old 8/6/14, 04:29 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
At least you have an exit plan where you're offered a refund. Hopefully its a full one at that. Sucks though.
Originally Posted by rmurer
hell no. also is it just me or 3rd pic down upper left corner, are the lens's scuffed up? seems like there are ton of small scratches.
FYI, it's getting shipped back.

Yes those are a lot of small scratches. Apparently that's a normal thing? Lol... And it's supposed to be something we accept...

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/6/14 at 04:31 PM.
Old 8/6/14, 04:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Man how upsetting. That is the worst hack job I have seen in a long time. My kids with a bad saw could of done better LOL.

Refund Refund My Friend.

Good Luck
Old 8/6/14, 07:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
FYI, it's getting shipped back. Yes those are a lot of small scratches. Apparently that's a normal thing? Lol... And it's supposed to be something we accept...
. I was hoping you'd have better luck, but it sounds like these guys don't know the word quality. The manager of HIDGUY seemed to understand my concerns when I spoke to him about my issues, but at the end of the day my gut feeling told me to return the items and get a refund. I did request a refund but it took another 6 weeks to get my money back. The company had to receive the item first and inspect it to ensure I didn't damage the item, that process took 3 weeks. Then I had to wait another 3 weeks for a personal check to show up at my house, I was for sure it would bounce but everything worked out.
Old 8/6/14, 09:23 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burton

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Doesn't appear that they have improved their service at all on the last 5 years. Get a refund and move on. A good guy just joined the GT500 forum that deals in lights.

Let me know if you want his name. Not sure he has what you want but if he does I will stand by his reputation. He is based in ST Louis.
Old 8/6/14, 09:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by MJJ
Burton Sorry to hear of your troubles. Doesn't appear that they have improved their service at all on the last 5 years. Get a refund and move on. A good guy just joined the GT500 forum that deals in lights. Let me know if you want his name. Not sure he has what you want but if he does I will stand by his reputation. He is based in ST Louis.
Is it Chris Yuke or The Lighting Source?
Old 8/6/14, 10:10 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Jazzman442
Man how upsetting. That is the worst hack job I have seen in a long time. My kids with a bad saw could of done better LOL. Refund Refund My Friend. Good Luck
Isn't it though? I mean 6.5 weeks for this crap?

I'm just picturing him, the manager, looking at these lights after he got them done. Sees the crack. Sees the scratches. Sees the permanent adhesive on the face, and says, "looks good to me! Ship it!!!"

I just can't quite grasp the logic behind that. I mean they KNOWINGLY saw and were aware of those defects and STILL decided to ship it to me. I can't even imagine or think of doing that to any of my customers in my business. Not only would I lose customers, but I just couldn't allow my conscience to do so. It's unbelievable.

Originally Posted by 13gt/cs
. I was hoping you'd have better luck, but it sounds like these guys don't know the word quality. The manager of HIDGUY seemed to understand my concerns when I spoke to him about my issues, but at the end of the day my gut feeling told me to return the items and get a refund. I did request a refund but it took another 6 weeks to get my money back. The company had to receive the item first and inspect it to ensure I didn't damage the item, that process took 3 weeks. Then I had to wait another 3 weeks for a personal check to show up at my house, I was for sure it would bounce but everything worked out.
6 weeks for a personal check???? Did you pay by credit card as is normal practice nowadays? Why wouldn't they just refund the card?

Golleeeeee... What did I get myself into.

For the record, I already contacted my CC company and put a dispute in. So I sent them all the info and pics and receipt and tracking #. (I already shipped the darn thing back tonight...FedEx 11 bucks). So my bank is aware, and also I will he guaranteed a refund regardless if these hacks end up screwing me over.

Never again.

Originally Posted by MJJ
Burton Sorry to hear of your troubles. Doesn't appear that they have improved their service at all on the last 5 years. Get a refund and move on. A good guy just joined the GT500 forum that deals in lights. Let me know if you want his name. Not sure he has what you want but if he does I will stand by his reputation. He is based in ST Louis.
Sean, let me know the contact info please. I probably won't pull the trigger until I get the refund from these.
Old 8/6/14, 10:44 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Im not sure what you were after with the fogs, but why not get something like this instead?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/smoked...ts-0509gt.html
Old 8/6/14, 10:50 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Im not sure what you were after with the fogs, but why not get something like this instead? http://www.americanmuscle.com/smoked...ts-0509gt.html
Because of 2 letters.

A

and

M
Old 8/6/14, 10:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Because of 2 letters. A and M
Old 8/6/14, 11:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Because of 2 letters.

A

and

M
well at least they wont ship you half baked lights with exposed adhesive and cracks on the lens instead of a uniformed manufactured product. just sayin
Old 8/7/14, 12:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by xtc.inc
well at least they wont ship you half baked lights with exposed adhesive and cracks on the lens instead of a uniformed manufactured product. just sayin
Uh...if they know it's Burton, he'll end up with a box of lug nuts...for a Chevy!

Quick Reply: My Latest Power, "Safety", and Aesthetic Mods...