Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

MGW shifter, under normal and under load condition -VID-

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/12, 04:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MGW shifter, under normal and under load condition -VID-

i did a little comparison to normal driving and under load. i dont know if you can see in the video, but it goes in very smooth and snap right into gears great. under loads i can jam it right now, even tho im not the fastest shifter.

gear noise in the cabin is louder compared to stock, but thats because the shifter is more of a solid metal design and is secured in place and not flopping around like stock, so it transfer more gear noise. also the **** is plastic, compared to the stock rubber ****, so that doesnt quiet things down either. but it sounds more mechanical and i dont mind it.

i have yet to go into the wrong gear with the MGW, so far i like it, even tho its more on the pricy side, its slightly a paint to install it, but its worth it. If you can only afford or willing to pay for a small upgrade, at least do a shifter bracket for your MT82, it helps.

Old 10/2/12, 04:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I've been wanting to do a video also.Thanks..
Old 10/2/12, 04:35 PM
Bullitt Member

here is a video with MGW at the track from a while back, but i dont think i can blame the shifter, it was 100 degrees and there was no waiting in line, so i went at least 4-5 times without any cool off.

i drained replaced OEM fluid with new OEM fluid. have to installed braided clutch line and should be going back here when it cools off to around 80s.

Old 10/3/12, 12:08 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BOSS302R
here is a video with MGW at the track from a while back, but i dont think i can blame the shifter, it was 100 degrees and there was no waiting in line, so i went at least 4-5 times without any cool off.

i drained replaced OEM fluid with new OEM fluid. have to installed braided clutch line and should be going back here when it cools off to around 80s.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7YWkEFqD0o&lc=IglFU5HmfP6S8dkyiWqJ1oL8GNp uvhuXF0kxpim2sFI&feature=inbox
I just recently had OEM fluid changed and had them replace with new TSB fluid. I have the braided line but havent installed it yet.
Old 10/3/12, 12:54 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by BOSS302R

2013 Mustang gt 5.0 MT82 transmission problem shifting into 2nd under load - YouTube

oh wow - that sounds terrible. And would **** me off.
How much of that is shifter vs the mt82? The more I read about that transmission the more nervous I get about it.
Old 10/3/12, 03:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by UnrealFord
I just recently had OEM fluid changed and had them replace with new TSB fluid. I have the braided line but havent installed it yet.
you going to install yourself? would ford install something like that you think?

Originally Posted by KeavDog
oh wow - that sounds terrible. And would **** me off.
How much of that is shifter vs the mt82? The more I read about that transmission the more nervous I get about it.
im starting to think its not MT82, might be a combination of things, trans fluid, shifter, clutch line, clutch fluid, pressure plate. heat effects those things, some more than others. I noticed when the car is cool or its cool out i can shift into second under load no problem, when its hot and i do it a few hard launches, starts to grind