2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Man, I Really Wish the Rear of the 2010 Would be Different

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/08 | 08:05 PM
Cobra Member

Feedback is valuable. Strong opinions are the result of passion. There will always be room for improvement and the Mustang will continue to evolve. It is OK to disagree, just acknowledge that everyone has a right to an opinion.
Old 12/1/08 | 08:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AGBULLIT
Feedback is valuable. Strong opinions are the result of passion. There will always be room for improvement and the Mustang will continue to evolve. It is OK to disagree, just acknowledge that everyone has a right to an opinion.

exactly, its just the passion i have for mustangs and i agree there is room for evolving and improvements. every has a right to an opinion, no harm should come from it
Old 12/1/08 | 08:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Exactly my point. Every opinion is valid. Differing opinions, no matter how vocal, are no reason to start acting like a bunch of grade schoolers. That's ******* behavior.
Old 12/1/08 | 08:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by classix_stang289
people have asked for a more rounded off rear end with more styling so thats what we got
Okay, I'll bite: "What people?" Did folks actually petition Ford to change the tail section or was this a common complaint about the S197?
Old 12/1/08 | 08:13 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by the procrastinator
Okay, I'll bite: "What people?" Did folks actually petition Ford to change the tail section or was this a common complaint about the S197?

i dont remember exactly but i have to say that i "believe". let me repeat. i """"""""believe""""""""""
it was a common complaint for the 05-09's

dont quote me on that though
Old 12/1/08 | 08:26 PM
Bullitt Member

My bad. Redundant question. Just read post # 61. Already asked and answered.
Old 12/1/08 | 08:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Even Seven = troll

You have a right to an opinion, but you've done nothing but pollute the 2010 threads with your constant complaining. You hate the 2010, we get it, you've made it quite clear, now move on with your life and stay in the 05-09 threads. Quit being such a negative Nancy.
Old 12/1/08 | 08:40 PM
Cobra R Member

i love every mustang and if i didnt i wouldnt even waste my breath.... i like almost everything about the 10' but the rear end, the interior is great the front is pretty nice (v6 is nicer) and got a few tweaks to the suspension..
Old 12/2/08 | 12:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by instigator311
Even Steven = troll

You have a right to an opinion, but you've done nothing but pollute the 2010 threads with your constant complaining. You hate the 2010, we get it, you've made it quite clear, now move on with your life and stay in the 05-09 threads. Quit being such a negative Nancy.
Old 12/2/08 | 05:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by instigator311
Even Seven = troll

Don't like it then don't read it. Sounds like you're the one being a negative Nancy to me.... This is a message forum and I'm just stating my opinion just like everyone else. Go read a book or something.
Old 12/2/08 | 06:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

But if you don't read it, then how do you know you don't like it?

You guys are bending my mind into a pretzel!
Old 12/2/08 | 07:05 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by zzcoop

It's like being asked at the airport if anyone put something in your bags without your knowledge. If they put it in there without my knowledge, how would I know about it?
Old 12/2/08 | 09:17 AM
Banned

Read what? Are you asking specifically? Okay, let me help you out with my own common sense:

If I read various posts by Mr. X that bothered me for whatever reason, then I wouldn't continue to read his posts. I would just skip over them or ignore them.

See, is that so difficult? No, I didn't think so...
Old 12/2/08 | 09:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by holderca1
It's like being asked at the airport if anyone put something in your bags without your knowledge. If they put it in there without my knowledge, how would I know about it?

Um...no....no, it's not anything at all like that.
Old 12/2/08 | 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Even Steven
Read what? Are you asking specifically? Okay, let me help you out with my own common sense:

If I read various posts by Mr. X that bothered me for whatever reason, then I wouldn't continue to read his posts. I would just skip over them or ignore them.

See, is that so difficult? No, I didn't think so...
Thanks a pantload for the explanation there big guy. But apparently, you've once again taken something humorous and twisted it into some sort of literal analysis. You know exactly what I meant. If you don't, well then I feel sorry for you. Grow a sense of humor, dude.

I'll bet you're a riot at parties.
Old 12/2/08 | 09:24 AM
Banned

Thanks a pantload for the explanation there big guy. But apparently, you've once again taken something humorous and twisted it into some sort of literal analysis. You know exactly what I meant. If you don't, well then I feel sorry for you. Grow a sense of humor, dude.

I'll bet you're a riot at parties.

No problem there, skippy. And yes, I'm usually pretty funny at parties, thank you very much.
Old 12/2/08 | 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Skippy!

Now you're getting the hang of it!
Old 12/2/08 | 09:49 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Even Steven
Um...no....no, it's not anything at all like that.
That was a joke.
Old 12/2/08 | 11:16 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by gnat-sum

Look at those hips, those tribar lights, the way the back end is stretched around the wheels, the concave 67-style trunk .

There are plenty of people here who LOVE the new rear end design, and if you check most of the automotive media, they criticize the front end more as not being different enough. To me the 2010 rear end makes the 2005-09 look very plain and old-fashioned.

The designers did a spectacular job of making the car look wider from the back, less long from the side, and adding more shape and sculpture to the back end while working with the same structural architecture underneath ( bumper beams, sheetmetal inner stampings, etc.) I am sure they would have loved to do a full fastback with a different greenhouse and trunk size, but this is a re-skin, not a clean sheet of paper new car. The 2010 looks new and modern but still a Mustang. And the tri bar lights that fire sequentially, do you think that just happened? There was some real thought and effort that went into this.

The 65-66 was more geometric, the 67-69 more sculptural and angular. Same with 2005-09 and 2010. You won't convince diehard 65-66s that a 67 is better or the other way around. That doesn't make either one ugly. You have your preference, that's fine. But for me, the new rear is the best part of the 2010 exterior design.

I think continuous posting about how much you dislike the '10 in the 2010 forum while there is a 2005-09 forum is a much better definition of dumba$$.

If you really don't like the 2010, how about stop posting in the 2010 forum?

I'm with you right there......well other than the last line, and this isn't directed at you, it's directed at a number of people getting very hot under the collar. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, whether they like the 2010 or not. What this forum doesn't need is the childish behavior in the name of "debate" that we've seen over the last few days. There is no right and wrong, beauty (or maybe just acceptance!) is in the eye of the beholder.

It's great that there's so much passion for the Mustang, but lets just try and get along, please.
Old 12/2/08 | 12:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by gnat-sum
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/galler...ar_vidcap2.jpg

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/galler...ar_vidcap3.jpg

Look at those hips, those tribar lights, the way the back end is stretched around the wheels, the concave 67-style trunk .

There are plenty of people here who LOVE the new rear end design, and if you check most of the automotive media, they criticize the front end more as not being different enough. To me the 2010 rear end makes the 2005-09 look very plain and old-fashioned.

The designers did a spectacular job of making the car look wider from the back, less long from the side, and adding more shape and sculpture to the back end while working with the same structural architecture underneath ( bumper beams, sheetmetal inner stampings, etc.) I am sure they would have loved to do a full fastback with a different greenhouse and trunk size, but this is a re-skin, not a clean sheet of paper new car. The 2010 looks new and modern but still a Mustang. And the tri bar lights that fire sequentially, do you think that just happened? There was some real thought and effort that went into this.

The 65-66 was more geometric, the 67-69 more sculptural and angular. Same with 2005-09 and 2010. You won't convince diehard 65-66s that a 67 is better or the other way around. That doesn't make either one ugly. You have your preference, that's fine. But for me, the new rear is the best part of the 2010 exterior design.

I think continuous posting about how much you dislike the '10 in the 2010 forum while there is a 2005-09 forum is a much better definition of dumba$$.

If you really don't like the 2010, how about stop posting in the 2010 forum?
Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
I'm with you right there......well other than the last line, and this isn't directed at you, it's directed at a number of people getting very hot under the collar. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, whether they like the 2010 or not. What this forum doesn't need is the childish behavior in the name of "debate" that we've seen over the last few days. There is no right and wrong, beauty (or maybe just acceptance!) is in the eye of the beholder.

It's great that there's so much passion for the Mustang, but lets just try and get along, please.
With Both of You.

And as you said Gnat,

"You won't convince diehard 65-66s that a 67 is better or the other way around. That doesn't make either one ugly."

I Prefer the 67 over a 68 Even if they are Basically the same car. I Also prefer a 69 over a 70, and a 71 or 72 Over a 73.
To be Quite Honest, the Only Mustangs I Really Dislike are the Hardtop Coupes of Any Year, again with the Exception of the 67's. That's the Only Hartop I would Ever Consider Owning, for the simple reason I like the way the Recessed Rear Window looks. I just Prefer the Fastback Styling Better. , But I don't Hate Any Of Them.

Quick Reply: Man, I Really Wish the Rear of the 2010 Would be Different