2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Man, I Really Wish the Rear of the 2010 Would be Different

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/08 | 07:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by classix_stang289
people have asked for a more rounded off rear end with more styling so thats what we got
Who were these people? I certainly don't know any of them. Where did you hear that people were "asking" for what "we" got?

The only thing I remember reading was that "some" people wanted the Mustang to look smaller than it is, so Ford stylists had to squash in the corners to make the car visually smaller, even though it retains the same dimensions. So maybe all the visual blunders were caused by a design team desperately trying to make the car look smaller without actually making is smaller.
Old 12/1/08 | 07:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JRT
Now you are just being a *******!
Why is it so hard for you to understand that the rear of the 10’ is just plain UGLY and not everyone is going to like it?
Because I don’t like the looks of the car and my opinion differs from yours then I am one of those individuals that are never satisfied huh?
I am very satisfied with my 07; I just would like to explore the option of a 2011 for the interior and the possibility of the 5.0, but the hideous rear and crappy black plastic makes the car very unattractive.
I am however hoping for a change of events over the next year or so.
Exactly. I'm with you on this.... people who like it (or pretend to like it) just can't deal with people who are vocal in their dissatisfaction in the design. However, I do think the aftermarket will come to the aid of Mustang fans all over the world and give us a few different options to replace the rear saggy diaper with something much nicer. I'm also hoping for the future 2010 owners that they'll have a taillight AND rear bumper cover package that will replace both items and integrate nicely into the 2010 rear design. So maybe there IS hope...
Old 12/1/08 | 07:13 PM
JRT
V6 Member

looks to me like your the only one getting bent out of shape over things.
I am not bent over anything at all.
I am fine with the way I feel about the car, you on the other hand feel the need to defend it to the point of insulting me and being oblivous to others views.

You said;
how the hell does it over shadow the whole car?

i guess your just one of those people who has to find something to complain about. i can tell you will never be satisfied. theres no problem with the car, the only one with a problem is you. i dont mean to offend but some people are just ignorant
According to you if someone thinks the car is ugly they are an ignorant person that is never satified with anything, likes to ***** about the car for the sake of it huh?
I called you out on your hypocrisy and you try to make me the bad guy.
Nice try, have a nice day.

Last edited by JRT; 12/1/08 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12/1/08 | 07:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Even Steven
Who were these people? I certainly don't know any of them. Where did you hear that people were "asking" for what "we" got?

The only thing I remember reading was that "some" people wanted the Mustang to look smaller than it is, so Ford stylists had to squash in the corners to make the car visually smaller, even though it retains the same dimensions. So maybe all the visual blunders were caused by a design team desperately trying to make the car look smaller without actually making is smaller.

wasnt ford sending stuff in the mail asking what stuff you would like for the next stang. along with mailing, i believe ford used other methods to get suggestion from people on what they wanted for the next stang. thats why you got better interior components cause people asked for it. thats why we got the hip on the rear quarter, cause we asked for. we got the interior and styling for the car cause ford listened to all our suggestion. just cause you didnt take part in it doesnt mean others didnt as well.
Old 12/1/08 | 07:17 PM
JRT
V6 Member

Exactly. I'm with you on this.... people who like it (or pretend to like it) just can't deal with people who are vocal in their dissatisfaction in the design. However, I do think the aftermarket will come to the aid of Mustang fans all over the world and give us a few different options to replace the rear saggy diaper with something much nicer. I'm also hoping for the future 2010 owners that they'll have a taillight AND rear bumper cover package that will replace both items and integrate nicely into the 2010 rear design. So maybe there IS hope...
I hope something is done because I LOVE the interior, the Nav, Synch 2.0, the 5.0, and the front i can live with.
The rear and black plastic on the other hand has to go.
Old 12/1/08 | 07:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by JRT
I am not bent over anything at all.
I am fine with the way I feel about the car, you on the other hand feel the need to defend it to the point of insulting me and being oblivous to others views.

You said;

According to you if someone thinks the car is ugly they are an ignorant person that is never satified with anything, likes to ***** about the car for the sake of it huh?
I called you out on your hypocrisy and you try to make me the bad guy.
Nice try, have a nice day.

your the one insulting me by calling me a *******, like i said i have a freedom of speech just like you do.
Old 12/1/08 | 07:20 PM
Cobra Member

like zzcoop said, you guys need to chill the hell out. this isnt a life or death situation. calm down.

this is only supposed to be something to talk about, like i said i dont mean to offend

take a chill pill
Old 12/1/08 | 07:22 PM
Cobra Member

and i didnt say just cause the car is ugly you are ignorant. your being ignorant now being you trying to twist my words. i didnt mean or say you are ignorant cause the rear is ugly to you.

like i said chill out, no need to pop a blood vessell
Old 12/1/08 | 07:23 PM
Cobra Member

this is a forum, there will be disagreements. deal with it, like im dealing with it.

all this stuff is not meant to be taken seriously, you are taking this way to seriously.
Old 12/1/08 | 07:25 PM
Banned

wasnt ford sending stuff in the mail asking what stuff you would like for the next stang. along with mailing, i believe ford used other methods to get suggestion from people on what they wanted for the next stang. thats why you got better interior components cause people asked for it. thats why we got the hip on the rear quarter, cause we asked for. we got the interior and styling for the car cause ford listened to all our suggestion. just cause you didnt take part in it doesnt mean others didnt as well.
So are you claiming to know what people asked for in the next Mustang? How could you possibly know that? The best you can do is guess that Ford's styling changes were a direct result of what the majority of people wanted. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.
Old 12/1/08 | 07:27 PM
Cobra Member

So are you claiming to know what people asked for in the next Mustang? How could you possibly know that? The best you can do is guess that Ford's styling changes were a direct result of what the majority of people wanted. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

i recieved a paper in the mail from ford asking what things i would like to see in the next stang and i put better wheels and a nicer interior.

do you have a problem with that?

why you taking things so serious? geez calm down
Old 12/1/08 | 07:32 PM
Banned

i recieved a paper in the mail from ford asking what things i would like to see in the next stang and i put better wheels and a nicer interior.

do you have a problem with that?

why you taking things so serious? geez calm down
Why would I have a problem with that? Of course I don't have a problem with that. And more importantly, why would you think I need to calm down? I'm quite calm, actually. I'm just responding to your claim that you know what people asked for in the new Mustang. How could you possibly know what everyone wanted? Weird...
Old 12/1/08 | 07:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Burningman nailed the rear-end, a wide thin look is what this car needs. Not Round and Narrow, which is what we got.
Old 12/1/08 | 07:34 PM
Cobra Member

Why would I have a problem with that? Of course I don't have a problem with that. And more importantly, why would you think I need to calm down? I'm quite calm, actually. I'm just responding to your claim that you know what people asked for in the new Mustang. How could you possibly know what everyone wanted? Weird...

it was talked about on this forum and others what we wanted ford to do for the next stand. for example better interior. it has been talked about, i dont claim to know what every wants. i just know what was talked about on this forum and others.
Old 12/1/08 | 07:47 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JRT
Why is it so hard for you to understand that the rear of the 10’ is just plain UGLY and not everyone is going to like it?
Because I don’t like the looks of the car and my opinion differs from yours then I am one of those individuals that are never satisfied huh?
I am very satisfied with my 07; I just would like to explore the option of a 2011 for the interior and the possibility of the 5.0, but the hideous rear and crappy black plastic makes the car very unattractive.
Wow, this is so ugly I can't stand it!

Look at those hips, those tribar lights, the way the back end is stretched around the wheels, the concave 67-style trunk .

There are plenty of people here who LOVE the new rear end design, and if you check most of the automotive media, they criticize the front end more as not being different enough. To me the 2010 rear end makes the 2005-09 look very plain and old-fashioned.

The designers did a spectacular job of making the car look wider from the back, less long from the side, and adding more shape and sculpture to the back end while working with the same structural architecture underneath ( bumper beams, sheetmetal inner stampings, etc.) I am sure they would have loved to do a full fastback with a different greenhouse and trunk size, but this is a re-skin, not a clean sheet of paper new car. The 2010 looks new and modern but still a Mustang. And the tri bar lights that fire sequentially, do you think that just happened? There was some real thought and effort that went into this.

The 65-66 was more geometric, the 67-69 more sculptural and angular. Same with 2005-09 and 2010. You won't convince diehard 65-66s that a 67 is better or the other way around. That doesn't make either one ugly. You have your preference, that's fine. But for me, the new rear is the best part of the 2010 exterior design.

I think continuous posting about how much you dislike the '10 in the 2010 forum while there is a 2005-09 forum is a much better definition of dumba$$.

If you really don't like the 2010, how about stop posting in the 2010 forum?
Old 12/1/08 | 07:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Why start a whole thread for this???
I think it needs to be talked about and a specific thread imo is appropriate for such a dramatic change. I always thought the 05-09 would be a rough act to follow.

Originally Posted by fdjizm
it's a bit painful but i guess it will grow on some people. not me but some people lol
I haven't seen it in person but will.

Originally Posted by Enfynet
It's just too bottom-heavy out back. I'm sure most of that has to do with safety standards, but it just looks.... like there's "junk in the trunk". I mean who doesn't like "Fat Bottomed Girls"? There's a Sir Mix-A-Lot in everyone...
+1

Originally Posted by JRT
Because this is a Mustang forum and in a Mustang forum we discuss all things about Mustangs; including what we like and dislike.
This thread is good because it lets me know if there are others that feel the way that I do.
Personally I pretty much despise the rear of the new car; it makes me want to vomit.
Couple the rear with the cheap and cheesy black plastic and it makes me VERY disappointed in the new style.
It is a shame too because there are many things that I like about the car, but I do not know if I can get over the things that I dislike to make me want to buy it.
+1

the car isnt even out yet geez! why cant some of you people just give it some time to see if it grows on you!

everyone is judging this car too soon over one styling cue.
I think if had not gone from a diffuser to an extruder it wouldn't be such an issue.

how the hell does it over shadow the whole car?

i guess your just one of those people who has to find something to complain about. i can tell you will never be satisfied. theres no problem with the car, the only one with a problem is you. i dont mean to offend but some people are just ignorant
I'm not much of a complainer but it does have a similar effect on me.

Originally Posted by Enfynet
I have to agree that an otherwise excellent design looks terrible once you see it from the back... thankfully the Mustang has a reliable aftermarket that will provide other (hopefully better) options.

+!

Originally Posted by JRT
I'm with JRT

I wish FORD the best of luck with this car. I am on my 4th S197 and considered selling because of the economy (in construction). Now I want more than ever to try to keep my car. I may not be able to but I will try harder!

Last edited by 2005GTDELUXE; 12/1/08 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12/1/08 | 07:52 PM
Cobra Member

thanks gnat-sum
Old 12/1/08 | 07:56 PM
Cobra Member

listen, like i said. i dont mean to offend anyone and if i did im sorry. we are just purely talking here, nothing more.
Old 12/1/08 | 07:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why are you apologizing? You're not the one resorting to personal insults because someone disagrees with you.
Old 12/1/08 | 08:04 PM
Cobra Member

just trying to keep the peace i guess

Quick Reply: Man, I Really Wish the Rear of the 2010 Would be Different