Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

JHR SHORT THROW SHIFTER W/BRACKET for 5.0 and V6

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/11, 03:29 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JHR SHORT THROW SHIFTER W/BRACKET for 5.0 and V6

Ill start off by saying I am in no way affiliated with this company I simply admire theyre product.
Price with shifter, handle, and bracket is $215! Should be more.
I drove a 5.0 today with this shifter and it was absolutely awesome! You literally couldn't miss a gear if you tried. 2nd to 3rd is a breeze. No more deflection like stock shifter. They not only make the shifter itself but they also make a nice bracket made of billet aluminum and a delrin bushing. Super high quality product. I didn't notice any more NVH and this shifter. Also it sits one inch higher then the factory shifter and 1 inch further back, helping aid effortless easy shifts. It is not too notchy like other shifters I have felt , but not at all soft and floaty like stock.Id say firm to be precise. Ive also tried steeda's tri-ax and it was a nice piece as well but I personally like this one more. The 20% reduction in throw I feel is perfect for this car. I am having this shifter along with the bracket and shift handle put on my car. Without a moments hesitation.

Heres a link to the shifter with handle. And a link for the bracket.
http://www.hecticparts.com/products/...E-SHIFTER.html
http://www.hecticparts.com/products/...SPD-TRANS.html

Last edited by 2010GT; 3/24/11 at 03:32 PM.
Old 3/24/11, 11:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the post.

I've never heard of these guys, but it looks like a nice unit, and you can't beat that price!

Don't care for the **** though, but it's available without. Would be nice to see a pic of it installed. Wonder how it would fit with the stock boot and a Grabber Pony adapter and ball.

I'm waiting on MGW to release theirs to decide, but this might tempt me.
Old 3/25/11, 06:12 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jeff s
Thanks for the post.

I've never heard of these guys, but it looks like a nice unit, and you can't beat that price!

Don't care for the **** though, but it's available without. Would be nice to see a pic of it installed. Wonder how it would fit with the stock boot and a Grabber Pony adapter and ball.

I'm waiting on MGW to release theirs to decide, but this might tempt me.
It fit under the stock boot perfectly, but it was also with the stock ****. Im sure with grabbers little adapter piece it would still fit pretty much the same. I was really contemplating mgw myself but after feeling this thing man it's probably one of the best short throw shifters ive ever felt. I had an mgw in the past and my only gripe about them is that they are a little too notchy, or overly stiff. This was just a perfect medium.
Old 3/25/11, 08:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Prices seems awesome. I went with the Barton industries unit and am very happy. It costs a bit more, but seeing all of the positive reviews gave me peace of mind with my purchase. I'd be curious to see how the review for this unit come in.
Old 3/25/11, 08:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Does this still have the reverse lockout? Does it have a heavier centering spring?

Looking at the pics I thought it would need a longer adapter to work with a round **** because of the added lever length.

The "grabber" style adaptors look to rest on top of the cylindrical base of the handle the other shifters all have. Not sure on that though.
Old 3/25/11, 09:33 AM
GTR Member

Has reverse lockout but the tab for it is made of delrin plastic and a guy posted on AFM that the reverse tab broke off in less than one day and he sent it back to JHR and they refunded his money and are sending him a new one for free.

Don't know if they are going to change the material the lockout tab is made of or not but they are looking into it.
Old 3/25/11, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Hope they get this sorted out as the price is a knock out . I myself went with the Barton set up and am pleased with it so far once it is installed its very solid. Now i am just waiting for the custom pistolgrip type handle to give me a lil more height to the shifter
Looks good though
Old 3/25/11, 10:51 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Has reverse lockout but the tab for it is made of delrin plastic and a guy posted on AFM that the reverse tab broke off in less than one day and he sent it back to JHR and they refunded his money and are sending him a new one for free.

Don't know if they are going to change the material the lockout tab is made of or not but they are looking into it.
Hm the car I felt with the shifter in has had it for some time and no reported problems with reverse lockout or anything else. But customer service is another big priority of mine and knowing they basically gave him a brand new free shifter is pretty awesome.
Old 3/25/11, 12:59 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 2010GT
Hm the car I felt with the shifter in has had it for some time and no reported problems with reverse lockout or anything else. But customer service is another big priority of mine and knowing they basically gave him a brand new free shifter is pretty awesome.
Posted that he won't get it until they decide what to do about the lockout tab.

Don't know why they couldn't just make the tab out of whatever material the oem is made from.
Old 3/25/11, 03:51 PM
Bullitt Member

According to Adam at JHR he said they we're going to make it out of steel but the factory lockout gate is alum so it would eventually wear it out rubbing against it all the time as you shift into first&second gears. JHR is going to keep me updated on the issue they should have the shifter on monday so I'll keep you guys in the loop.
Old 3/25/11, 06:35 PM
GT Member

Thanks. I will try to as well as my local shop is supposed to be getting mine on Monday.