Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

IT'S HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/10, 09:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gene K
Wait until it pulls its LS1 Impression. Mines already stuck to the floor 3 times on the 1-2 Shift.
Preload Shifter, 6800 rpm, stab clutch, bang - 2nd gear, dat...dat... dat.... rpm limiter, bump in neutral and stare at clutch pedal while rpm drops until it pops back up off the floor....

Im hoping it just needs bled or I got a bad slave cylinder and is not indicative of an ongoing issue like the LS1.
Man i never had these issues in my ls1, i have missed some 1-2 shifts (I could see missing 2-3 but 1-2 come on i never miss that shift unless something is wrong) but nothing like you are descibing, so far it sounds like the clutch in the new 5.0 could be a weak link.

I wonder if a gt500 clutch would work out?
Old 5/13/10, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Okay listen up.... I really dont want to repeat this.

Traction Control / Stability Control has 4 Modes:
1. ON (Default)
2. TC OFF / SC ON (Enter by Pressing Button Once)
3. Sports Mode: Increased Thresholds for both TC and SC (Enter by Quickly Pressing Button Twice)
4. TC OFF / SC OFF (Enter by Holding Button Down Until TC OFF Illuminates. Takes a minimum of 5 seconds)
Thanks didn't even know about sport mode will have to check that out at lunch.
Old 5/13/10, 09:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by nikk0
BigJohn you need to post more pics ASAP!!!
It's overcast here right now but i have a couple semi-professional photographers up here at work and they will be taking some very nice high res HQ pics of the car, i was just going to wait until the sun came out.

But i will take some low quality pics tonight of the interior and my color.

Last edited by Bigjohns97; 5/13/10 at 09:25 AM.
Old 5/13/10, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Bigjohns97
Thanks didn't even know about sport mode will have to check that out at lunch.
Hmmm... Sounds like I need to reload the aggressive tune and we run again... without you missing 2nd this time
Old 5/13/10, 09:32 AM

It's overcast here right now but i have a couple semi-professional photographers up here at work and they will be taking some very nice high res HQ pics of the car, i was just going to wait until the sun came out.

But i will take some low quality pics tonight of the interior and my color.
I almost grabbed the DSLR yesterday, but it was a bad time
Old 5/13/10, 09:35 AM
V6 Member

Congradulations sir on your car. I would like to tell you that with your videos you posted, you have started a whirl wind of storms. I am not complaining as I take them with a grain of salt. But I believe there is a thread on ls1tech.com, but I know svtperformance has two. I have posted your original post and a link to this thread on svt in the thread. And I have yet to see the tech thread if there is one. Just wanted to give you a friendly heads up. Again, congradulations and enjoy. ( I have still yet to see the video. filters... )

Edit. You have a thread on ls1tech.com I posted your original post again...

Last edited by jjS89LX; 5/13/10 at 09:52 AM.
Old 5/13/10, 09:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by VipG8
Hmmm... Sounds like I need to reload the aggressive tune and we run again... without you missing 2nd this time
G8 GT, GXP?? There is quite a difference between the two. The GT is stout but the GXP is much more.
Old 5/13/10, 09:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Okay listen up.... I really dont want to repeat this.

Traction Control / Stability Control has 4 Modes:
1. ON (Default)
2. TC OFF / SC ON (Enter by Pressing Button Once)
3. Sports Mode: Increased Thresholds for both TC and SC (Enter by Quickly Pressing Button Twice)
4. TC OFF / SC OFF (Enter by Holding Button Down Until TC OFF Illuminates. Takes a minimum of 5 seconds)
Huh?

Old 5/13/10, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

VIP, i think you should load the stock tune back on there so we can be equal on the electonic throttle control, because even when i completly disable all traction control it still won't let me roast em in first you can tell it's not going 100% throttle and it's rolling into it.

Or you could wait until we figure out how to keep this from happening on the mustang (i would rather wait for this)

BTW i haven't been able to pop second since that first run we had, and I am hearing from Gene that i'm not the only one having issues with this new 5.0 clutch.
Old 5/13/10, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Automagically
G8 GT, GXP?? There is quite a difference between the two. The GT is stout but the GXP is much more.
Uh... yes, I'm aware. The GXP is a 6.2L LS3, and I'm saddled with a 6.0 with a tiny stock cam (less than 500 lift, wtf), the GXP wasn't released when I needed a new car or I would have gone that route. My last dyno was pre-headers and I made 330hp, 340tq at the wheels. Haven't dyno'd since adding the headers.

Last edited by VipG8; 5/13/10 at 09:47 AM.
Old 5/13/10, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

I almost grabbed the DSLR yesterday, but it was a bad time
Buddy up here at work has an EOS 7d and it takes unbelievable detailed pictures.
Old 5/13/10, 09:49 AM

VIP, i think you should load the stock tune back on there so we can be equal on the electonic throttle control, because even when i completly disable all traction control it still won't let me roast em in first you can tell it's not going 100% throttle and it's rolling into it.

Or you could wait until we figure out how to keep this from happening on the mustang (i would rather wait for this)

BTW i haven't been able to pop second since that first run we had, and I am hearing from Gene that i'm not the only one having issues with this new 5.0 clutch.
I can drop the stock tune back on it and see what happens... That puts me down about 20HP from where we ran at, and when I hit 3rd the car is going to fall on it's face so you'll just start running away at that point.
Old 5/13/10, 09:49 AM

Buddy up here at work has an EOS 7d and it takes unbelievable detailed pictures.
Yeah I just have the EOS 450D, not big ballin like that
Old 5/13/10, 09:52 AM

You guys just need to run again with his TC turned off. Did either of you have passengers when you ran?

We can come out for lunch in Pearland do this #$@ right now... :-/
Old 5/13/10, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Soap
You guys just need to run again with his TC turned off. Did either of you have passengers when you ran?

We can come out for lunch in Pearland do this #$@ right now... :-/
I work in downtown... and ride the bus in
Old 5/13/10, 09:58 AM

I work in downtown... and ride the bus in
I remember those days, loved riding the bus!!
Old 5/13/10, 09:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Uh... yes, I'm aware. The GXP is a 6.2L LS3, and I'm saddled with a 6.0 with a tiny stock cam (less than 500 lift, wtf), the GXP wasn't released when I needed a new car or I would have gone that route. My last dyno was pre-headers and I made 330hp, 340tq at the wheels. Haven't dyno'd since adding the headers.
It's a great engine. Seems like it's making the power it should. Nice that it's 330hp at the wheels, that's very nice. I am not knocking your car, up until I found out about a DOHC 5.0 truly being put in the Mustang, the G8 GT was the only car on my list. I just changed my mind is all. I like the GXP but can't handle 20mpg. Not comming off 30mpg Honda.

Last edited by Automagically; 5/13/10 at 09:59 AM.
Old 5/13/10, 10:01 AM
Bullitt Member

I can drop the stock tune back on it and see what happens... That puts me down about 20HP from where we ran at, and when I hit 3rd the car is going to fall on it's face so you'll just start running away at that point.
don't load any old tunes just yet, lank is see what it will take to get support for my car on his tuner.
Old 5/13/10, 10:06 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
How does the auto feel? how are the shift points? etc... any and all insight would be cool, considering no mags have covered an auto 5.0...

Thanks!
The auto feels pretty good. The shifts points aren't too short unless you're just cruising. Even then 1st and 2nd still picks up good speed (can get you up to 55 mph easily). If you press it hard or WOT, i wasn't even able to get past 5th without having to slow down (gotta watch out for the speed traps around my town). It's pretty impressive and very fun to drive. I definitely could see a stick getting more out of the car in 3rd and beyond. I'm considering putting 3.73s in the future and that with a tune will be pretty crazy.
Old 5/13/10, 10:06 AM

don't load any old tunes just yet, lank is see what it will take to get support for my car on his tuner.
It supports the other Ford products, so it should only be a matter of time before this one is added to the list...