2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

IT'S HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/10, 08:41 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on your new 5.0. I actually was drawn between getting the Kona Blue or the Race Red. You will enjoy her very much. I finally was able to open her up today and all I can say is WOW . If an auto is this much fun, everyone with sticks will have a hell of time. Here are some pics I was finally able to take when it stopped raining and the sun came out a little.
Attached Thumbnails IT'S HERE!!-dscn3030.jpg   IT'S HERE!!-dscn3033.jpg   IT'S HERE!!-dscn3031.jpg  
Old 5/12/10, 09:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bigjohns97
Well i got a suprise call today when my dealer called me and said my car had arrived, i thought he was bs'ing at first but he confirmed the vin right off the car and i drove up and sure enough my baby is in.

Finishing up the paperwork was torture knowing my car was just sitting out there, everyone at the dealership was huddled around it like some circle jerk i had to get my buddy that works up there to fend them off with a stick.

Anyways had my other buddy drive my 01 ss (mostly stock) up and down some back roads racing my new 5.0 and while i had an extra 250 lbs in the car with me and only 8 miles on the odo my old camaro was winning every race by about a half length once we got past 100.

couple of things before people start jumping off cliffs.

1. the car only had maybe 10 miles on the odo
2. i had an extra 250 lbs in the car (ford salesman who helped me fend people off)
3. that motor in my 01 ss dynoed at 330 rwhp stock (helluva underating)

i think it had more to do with the car not being broke in, after 70 miles i raced another friend in a g8 with cam and full exhaust and tune and had em (not by much) but still.

I can't figure out how to turn off traction control WTF..

Anyways all those races today except the g8 were caught on film and i will be posting them up later on tonight. (i have to go to a very important thing right now and will get back online tonight.

But until then enjoy this pic

I'll be posting vids tonight and high quality pics tomorrow.
race results not withstanding 330rwhp is BS. 301-315 i accept. 335? lid, tune. lid catback. but bone stock. no way.

the stang is making 365-375rwhp new. i know a hero driver will get the SS to 12.9. but that takes a hero unless its modded to get there, in which case it will stay there till the stang is modded to get back on top.
Old 5/12/10, 09:19 PM

Congrats on the new Pony! She's beautiful and loved those rims the 1st time I saw them in a magazine!
Old 5/12/10, 09:51 PM
Bullitt Member

You guys can doubt the camaro all you want but that car is fast, and it did put 330 down on a dyno with no mods. I really think this was a combination of things today (extra weight, 10 miles on motor, New driver).

You can say what you will but i put 100 miles on that car today and i feel way better in the drivers seat by the end of the day. We will be doing this race again I'm sure (vipg8 sorry i thought you were serious when you mentioned that cam) camaro and g8, but today was nothing to write home about.

Really if i could just get the **** traction control to fully turn off i think it would be a whole diffrent story.

I mean really??? I drove around all day and wasn't able to burn rubber once??? either on turns or by forward power!?!?!

I know the pzeros are sticky but WTF?!!?!?

Trying to look it up right now just been a busy day just now being able to get online.
Old 5/12/10, 10:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Really if i could just get the **** traction control to fully turn off i think it would be a whole diffrent story.

I mean really??? I drove around all day and wasn't able to burn rubber once??? either on turns or by forward power!?!?!

Trying to look it up right now just been a busy day just now being able to get online.
Just hold the button down for 8-10 seconds until it lights up in the dash.

BTW, it's on page 209 of your manual.

Last edited by fritzOSU03; 5/12/10 at 10:05 PM.
Old 5/12/10, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by assasinator
race results not withstanding 330rwhp is BS. 301-315 i accept. 335? lid, tune. lid catback. but bone stock. no way.

the stang is making 365-375rwhp new. i know a hero driver will get the SS to 12.9. but that takes a hero unless its modded to get there, in which case it will stay there till the stang is modded to get back on top.
Perhaps you don't understand... the Camaro is ALSO his. I can vouch that it's stock + lid. And I can also vouch that 12's are very, very easy in a stock SS (01/02... 98-00 was a bit more difficult and took a hero or a factory freak)
Old 5/12/10, 10:10 PM

You guys can doubt the camaro all you want but that car is fast, and it did put 330 down on a dyno with no mods. I really think this was a combination of things today (extra weight, 10 miles on motor, New driver).

You can say what you will but i put 100 miles on that car today and i feel way better in the drivers seat by the end of the day. We will be doing this race again I'm sure (vipg8 sorry i thought you were serious when you mentioned that cam) camaro and g8, but today was nothing to write home about.

Someone said hold the button down for 10 seconds, I didn't hold it down that long I don't think... go try it....
Old 5/12/10, 10:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Man i tried that on the way home tonight and it never lights up the dash.

Now if i push it in just regularly it lights up the dash and says tracion control off but it ain't off.

In this mode it will chirp gears but its still holding back and controling what i do, I should be able to roast these tires off the back if i wanted by reving in 1st to 3000rpm and just punching it but now instead i get a bog and than a gradual build up in rpm.

I've tried holding down 8-10 seconds with it in gear moving and stopped with ebrake up still can't get anything.

Might take it out later i'm prety tired, either way i'll be messing with it tomorrow on the way to work for sure.

Man it's 11:18
Old 5/12/10, 10:23 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Might take it out later i'm prety tired, either way i'll be messing with it tomorrow on the way to work for sure.

Sleep is irrelevant this week! LOL Coffee & adrenaline!!
Old 5/12/10, 10:27 PM

Now if i push it in just regularly it lights up the dash and says tracion control off but it ain't off.

In this mode it will chirp gears but its still holding back and controling what i do, I should be able to roast these tires off the back if i wanted by reving in 1st to 3000rpm and just punching it but now instead i get a bog and than a gradual build up in rpm.

I've tried holding down 8-10 seconds with it in gear moving and stopped with ebrake up still can't get anything.

Read page 209 of the manual?
Old 5/12/10, 10:28 PM
Cobra Member

i wonder if any of you guys are gonna get sleep on the night the day your 5.0 arrives..those of you who ordered that is lol.
Old 5/12/10, 10:42 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are two levels of off to the traction control, you found the mid level that like you said will let it get slightly loose. The car dose have to be parked, in nuetral with the brake on to turn it all the way off. Try it again.
Old 5/12/10, 11:25 PM
Bullitt Member

OK i see what the issue was whenever i was trying it stopped i would have the parking break on and not my foot on the pedal. I just tried it with no PB and foot on break pedal at complete stop and it worked.

You know it works because it says advancetrac off wheras the simple button click just says traction control off.

I although i could see it being kinda embrassing in a street race, uh wait i gotta pull over and come to a complete stop for 10 seconds LOL

But really in the end i like the setup is how many diffrent options there is, just wish a complete stop wasn't a requirement.

Anyways once i got this figured out i was like well i gotta hit it a couple of times, oh man what a diffrence there isn't that delay anymore and then build up and it lets you really feel the smoothness of the rpm range. But i did run through the gears once and hit a hard second and a nice lil third.

Finally figured out the mycolor stuff also, man that changes the way the whole interior feels at night, really cool.
Old 5/12/10, 11:30 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by VipG8
Read page 209 of the manual?
Who's got time for the friggin' manual??
Old 5/12/10, 11:42 PM
GT Member

I although i could see it being kinda embrassing in a street race, uh wait i gotta pull over and come to a complete stop for 10 seconds LOL
pretty sure ford meant to do that considering street racing is illegal after all

but loved the vid, to just see the comparo since i'm a huge 4th gen camaro fan.
Old 5/12/10, 11:44 PM
Cobra R Member

beauty car...but please leave the racing to the track and not the streets!
Old 5/12/10, 11:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by WildPony619
Congrats on your new 5.0. I actually was drawn between getting the Kona Blue or the Race Red. You will enjoy her very much. I finally was able to open her up today and all I can say is WOW . If an auto is this much fun, everyone with sticks will have a hell of time. Here are some pics I was finally able to take when it stopped raining and the sun came out a little.
How does the auto feel? how are the shift points? etc... any and all insight would be cool, considering no mags have covered an auto 5.0...

Thanks!
Old 5/12/10, 11:59 PM
GT Member

Call me catious but you really should let your car get some milage before you start ripping her in.................................... :/

but congrats anywho!
Old 5/12/10, 11:59 PM
GT Member

call me mis-speller too! hehe
Old 5/13/10, 12:09 AM
Post *****

drive it like you stole it... makes for a good engine at all rpm's.