Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigjohns97
Congrats!
Old 5/13/10, 05:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by WildPony619
Congrats!

Last edited by Kahdir; 5/13/10 at 05:30 AM.
Old 5/13/10, 05:44 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eci
Have you ever driven a stock LS1 SS? They can run high 12's bone stock. Easily a drives race.
AGREED

What those pushrods Chevy used to pump out back then were FIERCE!

If only th3 new camaro with the LS3 didnt feel like a tank with 45 blind spots..............

Last edited by silverbull271; 5/13/10 at 05:46 AM.
Old 5/13/10, 05:46 AM
Banned

OK i see what the issue was whenever i was trying it stopped i would have the parking break on and not my foot on the pedal. I just tried it with no PB and foot on break pedal at complete stop and it worked.

You know it works because it says advancetrac off wheras the simple button click just says traction control off.

I although i could see it being kinda embrassing in a street race, uh wait i gotta pull over and come to a complete stop for 10 seconds LOL

But really in the end i like the setup is how many diffrent options there is, just wish a complete stop wasn't a requirement.

Anyways once i got this figured out i was like well i gotta hit it a couple of times, oh man what a diffrence there isn't that delay anymore and then build up and it lets you really feel the smoothness of the rpm range. But i did run through the gears once and hit a hard second and a nice lil third.

Finally figured out the mycolor stuff also, man that changes the way the whole interior feels at night, really cool.

How do you turn off the traction control in an 08?

I dont think it even has a button for it----
Old 5/13/10, 05:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by silverbull271
How do you turn off the traction control in an 08?

I dont think it even has a button for it----
It should be on your dash next to the hazard light switch...
Old 5/13/10, 05:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kahdir
It should be on your dash next to the hazard light switch...

Old 5/13/10, 06:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by VipG8
Perhaps you don't understand... the Camaro is ALSO his. I can vouch that it's stock + lid. And I can also vouch that 12's are very, very easy in a stock SS (01/02... 98-00 was a bit more difficult and took a hero or a factory freak)

ok i can accept the lid. that isnt stock. but my bet is it also has a tune. not gonna start a camaro debate.
Old 5/13/10, 06:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Well i got a suprise call today when my dealer called me and said my car had arrived, i thought he was bs'ing at first but he confirmed the vin right off the car and i drove up and sure enough my baby is in.

Finishing up the paperwork was torture knowing my car was just sitting out there, everyone at the dealership was huddled around it like some circle jerk i had to get my buddy that works up there to fend them off with a stick.

Anyways had my other buddy drive my 01 ss (mostly stock) up and down some back roads racing my new 5.0 and while i had an extra 250 lbs in the car with me and only 8 miles on the odo my old camaro was winning every race by about a half length once we got past 100.

couple of things before people start jumping off cliffs.

1. the car only had maybe 10 miles on the odo
2. i had an extra 250 lbs in the car (ford salesman who helped me fend people off)
3. that motor in my 01 ss dynoed at 330 rwhp stock (helluva underating)

i think it had more to do with the car not being broke in, after 70 miles i raced another friend in a g8 with cam and full exhaust and tune and had em (not by much) but still.

I can't figure out how to turn off traction control WTF..

Anyways all those races today except the g8 were caught on film and i will be posting them up later on tonight. (i have to go to a very important thing right now and will get back online tonight.

But until then enjoy this pic

I'll be posting vids tonight and high quality pics tomorrow.
turn the TC off and run the same race over. at least the pcm wont be cutting it to 200hp on shifts that way.
Old 5/13/10, 06:21 AM
Banned

LMFAO----

Last time i shut my TC off was in my 04 Mach1----

I remember spinning out so badly on RT9 in NJ i did about 4 360"s-----

SCARY!

That Mach pulled like a *****!
Old 5/13/10, 07:00 AM
GT Member

Chevy's have always had great power. But, their driving experience/interior design has been pretty slack. Even if you don't end up outrunning the Trans Am, the Mustang is a far better driving experience. After all, you don't drive it in a racing manner all the time. Most of the time people just cruise. Plus, you can't expect Ford to make this new 5.0 to outrun a previous GT500. So, it's somewhere in between the previous GT & GT500.
Old 5/13/10, 07:45 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Automagically
That's a shame.

Hey, trade drivers, then maybe see how things go.

I know the gearing and break in may make a difference but sheesh, there is a bit more under the hood there on the Mustang. Oh well, this is just C5 fodder.

330rwhp? Just a very rough estimate of a 55hp under rating, very interesting indeed.
Alright, maybe I was a little harsh, not really, but more so than I needed to be.

Congrats on the car, it looks incredible! I am ultimately jealous. I respect your SS and it's performance, the car has always been an over achiever. I actually love the SS hood. Hurst short throw option from the factory was a great touch.

I will also recognize that since your last car was the 'maro, you aren't used to the car like sitting position of the Mustang so the ergonomics are all wrong for you. Couldn't tell if you had the snubby leather shifter in the Stang or the ball, if not, get something in there that your ham hocks can really grab. Great color and car, for both, but mostly the new Stang. I think you will really enjoy the Mustang much more than the SS. If you keep the SS then that's a very sweet deal, especially for a little nostalgic space ship ride. The last of the SS were Camaro's best, I feel. Even better than the new ride.

Anyway, enjoy the new Mustang! I would like to know what gearing, trim you have on the car?
Old 5/13/10, 08:26 AM
Bullitt Member

I was definatly used to my camaro - had it for almost 10 years and it was all i ever drove, and it was such a change getting into the mustang but i am getting the hang of it.

I think the traction control played a role in this run everytime i would shift even with traction control off it would chirp but then not surge forward, i could tell it was holding back but didn't know the sequence to fully disable.

Not to mention once you do finally disable everything you still have a throttle delay that keeps you from stomping on it.
Old 5/13/10, 08:29 AM
Bullitt Member

As far as driving impressions go, I love driving this car, the turning is much quicker i can pull u turns in cul-de-sac with ease suspension could be tighter but i think once shocks and springs are in place there won't be an issue.

I am not a big fan of the clutch it feels very weak and i hope it stiffins up.

HD radio is the ****!

The seats are way more comfortable than i was expecting.

At night once you get my color dialed in the cabin is the coolest thing ever, so many mycolor options you could spend hours playing around with it.
Old 5/13/10, 08:36 AM
Cobra Member

As far as driving impressions go, I love driving this car, the turning is much quicker i can pull u turns in cul-de-sac with ease suspension could be tighter but i think once shocks and springs are in place there won't be an issue.

HD radio is the ****!

The seats are way more comfortable than i was expecting.

At night once you get my color dialed in the cabin is the coolest thing ever, so many mycolor options you could spend hours playing around with it.
cool beans!! congrats on the new ride!! What color did you go with for the mycolor option?
Old 5/13/10, 08:38 AM

BigJohn you need to post more pics ASAP!!!
Old 5/13/10, 08:40 AM
Bullitt Member

torque management on most new cars really sucks. a tune will rid us of it and other bullcrap.
Old 5/13/10, 08:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by todd03blown
cool beans!! congrats on the new ride!! What color did you go with for the mycolor option?
Oh man, i went with white gauges with blue halos and then i am debating between blue ambient or red ambient.

The red mustang door sills on it is what's so hard to not roll with, it looks awesome on kona.
Old 5/13/10, 08:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Okay listen up.... I really dont want to repeat this.

Traction Control / Stability Control has 4 Modes:
1. ON (Default)
2. TC OFF / SC ON (Enter by Pressing Button Once)
3. Sports Mode: Increased Thresholds for both TC and SC (Enter by Quickly Pressing Button Twice)
4. TC OFF / SC OFF (Enter by Holding Button Down Until TC OFF Illuminates. Takes a minimum of 5 seconds)
Old 5/13/10, 09:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wait until it pulls its LS1 Impression. Mines already stuck to the floor 3 times on the 1-2 Shift.
Preload Shifter, 6800 rpm, stab clutch, bang - 2nd gear, dat...dat... dat.... rpm limiter, bump in neutral and stare at clutch pedal while rpm drops until it pops back up off the floor....

Im hoping it just needs bled or I got a bad slave cylinder and is not indicative of an ongoing issue like the LS1.
Old 5/13/10, 09:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
1st Congrats on getting your car!I'm still playing the waiting game.

2nd Please keep the RACING off the streets.This can be very dangerous & could cost LIVES!PLEASE TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!