Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Installed JMS PedalMax... wow!

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/15, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's nice to see others having good results. I love mine and it works. But I exaggerate on things. ****
Old 4/25/15, 10:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
As the OP, I feel "tied" to this thread. This past week I replaced my Procal tune with a BAMA 93 Performance tune (which was a noticeable improvement, BTW). Out of curiosity, I disconnected the PedalMax after installing the new tune, and... I could still feel a difference.

I've thought about it quite a bit, and it all makes sense. The drive-by-wire throttle control on the Mustang (and most other modern cars) has a lag "built in." The PedalMax simply resets the curve and eliminates the lag. Still the best $302 I've spent on the car.
Old 4/26/15, 12:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Varilux
As the OP, I feel "tied" to this thread. This past week I replaced my Procal tune with a BAMA 93 Performance tune (which was a noticeable improvement, BTW). Out of curiosity, I disconnected the PedalMax after installing the new tune, and... I could still feel a difference.

I've thought about it quite a bit, and it all makes sense. The drive-by-wire throttle control on the Mustang (and most other modern cars) has a lag "built in." The PedalMax simply resets the curve and eliminates the lag. Still the best $302 I've spent on the car.
Thats really interesting though. A lot of people have mentioned that a "tune" could address this issue. I'm glad to hear that in your experience, this simply isn't the case. I'm still going to get the pedalmax myself. Thanks to everyones positive feedback, i'm a believer! I'm not always interesting in adding more power to my car but more so, refine how that power is being delivered.
Old 4/26/15, 03:14 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I watched the Sprint Booster video when going through this thread and just went back and watched it again. This time I paid more attention to the throttle body than the graph. It appeared that the throttle body went to fully open much quicker with the Sprint Booster activated - especially in the 100% mode. In that mode it almost snapped fully open. Does it really do that when installed in the car?
Old 4/26/15, 07:27 PM
Cobra Member

Which is better the Sprint booster or PedalMax? Or are they pretty much the same?
Old 4/26/15, 08:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Which is better the Sprint booster or PedalMax? Or are they pretty much the same?
I believe they do the same thing. The sprint boost people say not to use it with a car that has a tune. Pedalmax says you can.
Old 4/27/15, 05:37 AM
Cobra Member

sprintbooster and JMS Pedalmax are both the same but, Sprintbooster does have additional perks.

Both units are about the same price (give or take $10) and the Sprintbooster gives you a remote where you can drive in factory mode, sprint mode and race mode.

with the JMS Pedal max, you need to buy the same remote at an additional charge.

I haven't found anywhere on the sprintbooster site that indicates you can't use their product while have a tune, in fact I read the opposite in the FAQ section. let me quote them.

"
Why is SprintBooster so expensive?

Actually, Sprint Booster is very cost effective. Some customers reported their Sprint Booster feels just as powerful as a software upgrade which costs $100s of dollars more.
Why should I buy ECU upgrades if SprintBooster is so good?

Sprint Booster is designed to greatly improve the everyday driving experience. ECU upgrades have a clear advantage when driving on the track where you can continuously drive your car in the mid to high rpm range - this is where the horsepower increase really makes a difference. Sprint Booster is for the daily commute or trip to the store, ECU upgrades are better for track or competitive driving. Of course, there is nothing stopping you from adding this to your ECU upgraded car for an all-around performance gain!
"

http://www.sprintboostersales.com/faq.cfm

Last edited by JoeMidnight; 4/27/15 at 05:45 AM.
Old 4/27/15, 06:54 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't know. When I was deciding on which to buy, there was a graphic on a Sprint Boost page that stated it was not to be used with a tuned vehicle. I just looked again, but I can't find where I saw that.
Old 4/27/15, 07:00 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by cdiaz1069
I don't know. When I was deciding on which to buy, there was a graphic on a Sprint Boost page that stated it was not to be used with a tuned vehicle. I just looked again, but I can't find where I saw that.

yeah, I tried to find that as well. I just emailed them, just now, asking. Might as well hear it directly from them.
Old 5/2/15, 10:40 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
Today I put the Sprint Booster in the off position for a while. I wanted to really feel the difference. After about a half hour or so and doing a few things I jumped back in the car and switched it to full. Oh my. I'm a true believer. The car has a totally different feel to it.
Old 5/2/15, 11:31 AM
Cobra Member

Somewhere I was reading that SprintBooster (or maybe PedalMax) does NOT improve your 0-60 time. If that is true, what DOES it do? If it reduced throttle response lag you should get to 60 quicker, no?
Old 5/2/15, 12:12 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Hmm not sure how that could be. I guess the only way to tell what it's rely doing is taking it to the track. Hopefully I'll be making some runs before the spring is over.
Old 5/3/15, 06:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
Somewhere I was reading that SprintBooster (or maybe PedalMax) does NOT improve your 0-60 time.
I believe it's more for driving, rather than WOT stuff.
Old 5/3/15, 06:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Well, remember...these products only change what the throttle pedal is sending to the ECU. So if the ECU decides to cut back on throttle (or otherwise change the output to the throttle compared to what the pedal input is saying), there isn't anything these products can do about that.

So in that regard it would make sense that it really doesn't make the vehicle any quicker, rather just "fakes it" by increasing the amount of throttle the pedal is sending the ECU, compared to it's actual position. So the driver feels as if the car is a little quicker running around town, but the reality is that it's the same effect as just giving it more throttle with your foot.
Old 5/3/15, 06:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What it does if give a throttle cable experience to a drive by wire system.
Old 5/3/15, 07:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Yep, that's it.
Old 5/3/15, 08:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
That makes sense to me. It would provide a general fun factor but if what I am looking for is something that would make my car quicker on an autocross course, that would be a tune.
Old 5/4/15, 05:13 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
Exactly what I was looking for when I installed it.
Old 5/4/15, 08:55 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Joeywhat
Well, remember...these products only change what the throttle pedal is sending to the ECU. So if the ECU decides to cut back on throttle (or otherwise change the output to the throttle compared to what the pedal input is saying), there isn't anything these products can do about that.

So in that regard it would make sense that it really doesn't make the vehicle any quicker, rather just "fakes it" by increasing the amount of throttle the pedal is sending the ECU, compared to it's actual position. So the driver feels as if the car is a little quicker running around town, but the reality is that it's the same effect as just giving it more throttle with your foot.
I understand what you are saying but the car with the unit on full responds a lot more quickly when I press the pedal. I don't think it's just tricking me by giving more throttle. I dunno. I'll put it this way, with the Sprint Booster installed the car (feeling of acceleration) is what I expected when I bought a 420 hp car.
Old 5/5/15, 09:38 AM
Cobra Member

A friend of mines is selling one of these if anyone is interested. He hasn't had it for long and has to get rid of his stang so he's selling off the mods. It's the JMS one. Message me if your interested. I believe he is selling it for $250 but I will get details for anyone.

Quick Reply: Installed JMS PedalMax... wow!