Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Installed JMS PedalMax... wow!

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/15, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just order the adjust **** I have 4.10 gears so I have to do some fine tuning but all in all my car just feel better these should be stock on all drive by wire cars I floored it from a 50mph roll holy smokes feels just like a throttle cable and this is on 60%. I am going to order one for my wife's 2013 ford Taurus limited
Old 2/16/15, 09:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i installed the one that was ordered from amazon about a week ago. the hardest part of the install was removing the factory plug from the top of the accelerator pedal on my manual 2013 mustang gt. the instructions read to slide a red clip upwards, but on my car there was no clip, just the plug that needed to be squeezed at the top to release it. from that point on the install was very simple to complete and all that was needed was to secure the parts out of the way of anything that moves. after the battery was reconnected, i took the car for a short drive and felt the difference immediately, even at very low speeds. instant throttle response was felt and there was none of that factory lag. the pedalmax was installed on top of a brenspeed tune and no problems or any cel's popped up. was this part worth the almost $300? i like it and have no regrets presently about purchasing it. the pedalmax seems to live up to its advertisement and gives me more control over the car. i've had the brenspeed tune on my car since new and though it really improved the felt performance, i could still detect a throttle lag. but with the pedalmax, the lag is pretty much gone.
Old 2/16/15, 11:00 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the firsthand reports fellas. Especially with the tune alone vs. tune + PedalMax.

Still seems like a decent mod, I just wish the price would be a bit lower for what it does.
Old 2/17/15, 02:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
It's hard to put a price on something that will make your driving experience better. I believe it's worth the cost.
Old 2/21/15, 06:59 AM

i love mine the car should have came that way
Old 3/27/15, 12:00 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
I just ordered the SprintBooster. I'll post a review here as soon as I can.
Old 3/27/15, 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by VidPro
I just ordered the SprintBooster. I'll post a review here as soon as I can.
Do you have a tune? I think I read on their site that it shouldn't be used on tuned cars.
Old 3/27/15, 01:11 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by cdiaz1069
Do you have a tune? I think I read on their site that it shouldn't be used on tuned cars.

No tune. I'd like to but I'm trying my best not to do anything that might give me warranty headaches.
Old 3/27/15, 01:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm running the Ford Racing Procal tune along with the PedalMax- no issues.
Old 3/27/15, 06:26 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
HEY Pete!

Just wanted to say THANKS! I've always wondered about products like this and i'm sure that most of them are gimmicky products i'm sure. It's nice to read that most of you all are having success with such a quick mod!

I'm personally on the fence about doing this.

This would cost me about $310 US to have and with the currency exchange i would be closer to $400 CAD for this product.

at that price point, I think that because I don't have a tune yet, I would probably go down that road and just be sure to have the lag issue resolved VIA a tune and have the car tweaked at the same time. only downside to a tune is that i may void any warranties if I run into trouble down the road where as this product, can be removed and not show any signs of ever being used.

Overall, I do feel a bit of lag initially but, thanks to its manual transmission, its really not an issue anyway.

eitherway, i'm still on the fence about the whole ordeal!
Old 3/28/15, 03:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i installed the pedal maxx in february and i am still satisfied i made the correct decision in purchasing it. in regards to a tune and a lag, the pedal maxx was installed on top of a tune and i have had no problems. i found the tune, brenspeed 91, did not settle the lag problem but the pedal maxx did. i had driven my 13 gt, manual trans, for about a year and a half with the tune.
Old 4/3/15, 04:15 PM
Bullitt Member

To anyone that has PedalMax, do you have the adjustable ****? If so, how did you run the cable and mount the ****?
Old 4/3/15, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
HEY Pete!

Just wanted to say THANKS! I've always wondered about products like this and i'm sure that most of them are gimmicky products i'm sure. It's nice to read that most of you all are having success with such a quick mod!

I'm personally on the fence about doing this.

This would cost me about $310 US to have and with the currency exchange i would be closer to $400 CAD for this product.

at that price point, I think that because I don't have a tune yet, I would probably go down that road and just be sure to have the lag issue resolved VIA a tune and have the car tweaked at the same time. only downside to a tune is that i may void any warranties if I run into trouble down the road where as this product, can be removed and not show any signs of ever being used.

Overall, I do feel a bit of lag initially but, thanks to its manual transmission, its really not an issue anyway.

eitherway, i'm still on the fence about the whole ordeal!

lets me just say this I couldn't imagine driving my car without it the pedal max along with my bama v2 tune drives perfect no lag throttle is on tap I set mine at 50%. and I have a automatic other then a converter a I think all automatic guys should own one
Old 4/6/15, 07:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Just ordered it. Will post a review.
Old 4/6/15, 03:20 PM
GT Member

I almost ordered this. Then I found info on throttle recalibration. You just turn the key to "on" without srarting the engine. Depress the accelerator pedal slowly then let it up slowly. About 5 seconds to fully depress and 5 to return. Wait 5 seconds then turn key off. Cost nothing and now my throttle response is perfect.
Old 4/6/15, 09:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by califsp
I almost ordered this. Then I found info on throttle recalibration. You just turn the key to "on" without srarting the engine. Depress the accelerator pedal slowly then let it up slowly. About 5 seconds to fully depress and 5 to return. Wait 5 seconds then turn key off. Cost nothing and now my throttle response is perfect.
I have never heard of this!
Has any one else tried it?
Old 4/6/15, 09:10 PM
GT Member

This is what the techs do after a throttle body or tps sensor repair. I bet its in the service manuals.
Old 4/7/15, 06:12 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
that's good to know. I'm sure it would bring it back to perfect as in its "stock" form as it was made to be by Ford. But does the procedure remove the throttle lag is the question? doesn't hurt to just try it and find out I guess.
Old 4/7/15, 06:16 AM
Legacy Tms Member

This weekend it will be warm and I am going to test this out before I install the SprintBooster. I'll let you guys know. Doing a quick search on Google there are some who say it works and some who say they feel no difference. We shall see.
Old 4/8/15, 01:27 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What throttle lag. I have no lag. I just put the pedal to the metal.

Quick Reply: Installed JMS PedalMax... wow!