Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I'm going to be sick...my car was vandalized last night =(

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/10, 11:47 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to be sick...my car was vandalized last night =(

The pics almost say it all...someone took a rock, chunked it at my drivers side window and failed to break it. Glass will need replacing as the rock took chunks of glass out of it.

The person then took the rock and keyed it across the entire drivers side. Front 1/4, door, and rear 1/4 panels are all scratched down to the metal.

Saved up for this car for over 10 year and withen 2 months of owning it some scumbag does this. I'm more sad than mad about the whole thing...I would never do this to anyone =(

That being said, if anyone knows of a good body shop in either Dallas/Ft.Worth or Houston who will take good care of me without ripping me off please let me know. Any guesses on how much this is gonna be?

Old 9/19/10, 11:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Holy cow.... that seriously sucks man but it can be fixed of course...... reiterates my thoughts that vandals should be caught and strung up immediately. Why do people do such things?
Old 9/19/10, 12:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's like graffiti what exactly is the purpose and the thrill of destroying other peoples property.
These type of destructive crimes need much harsher penalties.

I'd be willing to be those people who graffiti don't have graffiti on their OWN property and surely would be just as ticked if somebody did graffiti their property or key their cars, so WHY do they do it to others.

Clearly it was done by a GM or Camaro fan or somebody in your neighborhood who is just jealous of the new ride.

All our insurance rates just went up some more too.

Get it fixed and repainted asap bro.
And hopefully you can park your ride in a better place too, where it's seen easier and less likely to have that stuff happen.
Old 9/19/10, 12:13 PM
V6 Member

Dude...sorry no help on the repair shop recomendations, but my heart breaks for you.
Plains sucks that even in friendly Texas, there are still some complete a-holes with no respect for other people's hard earned property.
Old 9/19/10, 12:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, that's terrible. I hope you can get it taken care of quickly.

@Driver72 -- at least graffiti is temporary and the removal is much less painful than this, which is just straight up destruction of property. Probably out of jealousy of the OP.
Old 9/19/10, 12:24 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear friend. It happened to me late last summer and I am just now getting the final fix to it.
After I brought it out of winter storage, I took it to the best body shop in town after Memorial Day weekend, but they a) sent it out with a run in the clearcoat (though the DHG paint match was well done which was my biggest concern), b) the subcontractor to replace the 3M mask delayed for a month+, c) then I had to take it back for the swirls and dull trunk lid - plus the window weather strip and 3rd brake light were loose (doesn't ANYONE in America inspect their work anymore?? ), and d) I'm taking it back to my (out of town) Dealer Wed to re-apply their Perma-Plate polymer to the new clearcoat areas.
It sucks. I first thought I was going to have a SMQ beater - at only a year.
I'm not a violent person, but for these type of vandals, I'd like to shoot their kneecaps out with a .22!
Mine was covered under insurance comprehensive for vandalism so it didn't cost me a dime, and supposedly won't affect my rates.
The key job was on two panels, but to blend in adjoining panels they then had to shoot clearcoat on 4 panels (because they can't blend clearcoat). Misc 3M clear mask pieces ($150) and new polymer paint protection ($150) = $1550 total.
INSPECT EVERYTHING - NO MATTER HOW REPUTABLE THE SHOP IS!
Good luck!

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/19/10 at 12:31 PM.
Old 9/19/10, 12:29 PM
GTR Member

There are some real low-life scumbags in this world unfortunately.

They have no respect for themselves or anyone else.

They seem to think that if they can't have something nice then nobody else should either.

Similar thing happened to my '04 except they used a shopping cart to scratch the side and then wedged it up under the side mirror.

Heaven help the useless excuse for a human being if I were to catch them doing this to my car or anyone elses.
Old 9/19/10, 12:29 PM
V6 Member

Dude - that's horrible.

It can be fixed, but still...
Old 9/19/10, 12:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm glad it can be fixed (insurance would cover right?), but it really does suck that they are people our there that would do this!
Old 9/19/10, 12:36 PM
Cobra Member

Insurance should definitely have it covered as non-collision.
Old 9/19/10, 12:38 PM

Dude, I'm a Tech man myself and considering the Tech-ut game last night, have you considered the connection? Do you have any Tech stickers, license plates, etc.? You probably know what d*&s some ut fans can be from experience. No offense intended to any of the rational Longhorn fans out there and congrats on a good win.
Old 9/19/10, 12:39 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know how you feel! My car was keyed pretty much in the same place as yours on the front fender. Just last month my car was also involved in a hit and run where the rear quarter and bumper were hit. I had the entire side of the car resprayed and while I was at it had all the door dings taken out. Yeah, i've been through a lot with my Mustang. I've learned the things we love the most we have to work the hardest to keep and when it rains it pours and hails. At the end of the day you just have to let it go. Its a lesson i've learned many times. Get it fixed and when you get it back and have a huge smile on your face you'll remember why you did it in the first place.
Old 9/19/10, 12:39 PM
Cobra R Member

want to borrow one?

Old 9/19/10, 12:44 PM
V6 Member

Wow, sorry to hear about your car. It is a shame so many have so little respect for the property of others.

I went to a movie with my family last night and came out to find a beer bottle smashed against one of my wheels. Thankfully, no damage and no flat (yet).

You may want to check to see if any business around there has external video surveillance.
Old 9/19/10, 12:45 PM
GT Member

Sorry man, I despise vandals.
Old 9/19/10, 12:55 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
This makes me sick. Some jealous s.o.b. I fear this happening even to my V-6, with the 'Pony War' heating up.
Old 9/19/10, 12:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Dude...Sorry to hear about the damage...I know I would be sick.

Have you thought about "investing" in some motion detection devices...ie, lights and a web camera that you can view online? For less than $300, you can have piece of mind and might even get a small discount from your insurance company once you have it up and running.

If you don't go with the camera, at least the lights should scatter them like the roaches that they are.

Good luck with the repairs...Lou
Old 9/19/10, 01:11 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Dude that really sucks. We all feel for ya!

Did it happen in your driveway??
Old 9/19/10, 01:17 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SolidAxle
Dude, I'm a Tech man myself and considering the Tech-ut game last night, have you considered the connection? Do you have any Tech stickers, license plates, etc.? You probably know what d*&s some ut fans can be from experience. No offense intended to any of the rational Longhorn fans out there and congrats on a good win.
I'm inclined to go with this theory. Probably some drunk bastard still amped up from the TT vs. UT game...Gary?

In all seriousness that sucks bro. Hopefully they get her fixed up good as new
Old 9/19/10, 01:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

They left the rock? Huh. I wonder if you can get fingerprints off that.

This stuff sucks. There is no reason or justification for this kind of crap. Anyway, I hope it all goes smoothly with the insurance and fixes. I'd consider getting some sort of security for it. It has happened once, it could happen again.

Quick Reply: I'm going to be sick...my car was vandalized last night =(