Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Husky vs. Weathertech

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/15, 04:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
What do you mean by deform? Like warp and shrink? That's pretty bad

But it looks like the consensus here is Weathertech. So I should easily be able to peel off the Weathertech logo from the mats?
I answered your PM but for the benefit of the Googlers, the driver's side stays put pretty well, the passenger side moves around when my wife gets in and out. If one doesn't reposition it, the act of getting in and out seems to put pressure on them so they don't quite fit right. I'll post a pic later.

(Edit: Pic attached)

BTW after posting that message I realized it didn't sound quite right so I'm also in contact with Husky; they seemed surprised and wanted pics too.

Honestly I've seen the Weathertech in person on a Tesla and am impressed with the quality, it's a different material that seems more flexible and form fitting. But as far as the dead pedal problem, I think Husky is a better choice now that I've seen the Weathertech pics. If Weathertech went all the way up the dead pedal I'd change my mind.

(Edit: clarity)
Attached Thumbnails Husky vs. Weathertech-mustang-passenger.jpg  

Last edited by berzerk_1980; 4/20/15 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Added pic, clarified last paragraph
Old 4/20/15, 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Additionally, Coyote5-0 brought up a good point (in PM) regarding the posts that engage the factory mats. The Husky liners do not have a receptacle for these posts; however, the driver side has a "cup" (visible in some of the photos in this thread) that seems to be good enough to keep it in place combined with the spikes on the bottom. The passenger side, however, does not have the "cup." I'm guessing this is why I have problems with the passenger side and not the driver.
Old 4/20/15, 08:14 PM
GT Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The logos are very easy to peel off and they don't leave any residue
Old 4/21/15, 12:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
I think I'm going to get the Husky because it covers the carper higher behind the pedals and on the dead pedal
Good choice. I have the Huskys front, rear and trunk, after having them in my Explorer, and i love 'em. 3 winters survived so far and they're in great shape, and NOTHING gets on the carpets. They're made in the USA just like WeatherTechs, so that's not a reason to not buy them, plus they're cheaper. I hate the WeatherTech logo being so prominent too. No problem with the passenger side either.
Old 4/21/15, 12:55 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kylerohde
I hate the WeatherTech logo being so prominent too. No problem with the passenger side either.

I do too, especially when you're paying a premium. The last thing I want to do is advertise for them.

I'm going to rip mine off.
Old 11/3/17, 05:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I using weathertech floor mat liner for my truck. And really it too good and give sharp look to my truck. I'm very happy to use this. I researched husky liners vs weathertech to take proper guidance for the best floor mat liner. And I highly recommend to you about the weathertech mat liner. You should try this once, surely, you will like it. Thanks.
Old 11/3/17, 07:53 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
lol this got drug up from the past and I voted oops
Old 11/3/17, 03:02 PM
GT Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
I bought the Huskys about a year ago for my '14 GT and they have held up pretty well. A little debris does sometimes get in around the edge, but not much and the dead pedal is well covered. At the time I bought them Weathertech only had them available for the front, the Huskys covered both front and rear and were five or ten dollars less than for the front only Weathertechs. As noted both are made in the USA and have lifetime warranties. One thing I really do like about Weathertech and it has nothing to do with the liners themselves is that they spend some real money on racing and magazine adds. It's not that I enjoy adds in magazines [ or anyplace else either ], it's just the economic reality that without them some of the magazines I like probably wouldn't exist.
Old 11/3/17, 09:57 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have WeatherTech liners in my 2013 Mustang and I like them. I peeled off the logos.