Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Can anyone reccomend a source for S197/Boss Recaros?

Search this Thread

Old 11/6/17, 09:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Can anyone reccomend a source for S197/Boss Recaros?

Yeah, I know they're out of production...but where would you start to hunt down items like this?

Alternatively, are the side airbags compatible between the S197s and S550s? I suspect the S550 seats would be easier to find.

Thanks!
Old 11/6/17, 03:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Not very helpful but they seem to be extinct. I've seen a thread retrofitted the S550 Recaro Seats though the track rails had to be cut and sits a bit higher. Not to mention overpriced Ford Performance parts.

Searched aftermarket 'Racing Seats' such as Corbeau but not quite to my likings. This leaves me with the Upholstery mods. If you think about why want the Recaros in the first place, is the support.

In an effort to improve the car's handling over the years, I did what I could do in the suspensions and tires department but always felt something was missing and that turned out to be the seat supports. My butt would slide around when cornering hard. The stock S197 seats just plain suck.

What about the TMI? I'd loose the heated seats for sure but seem to retain the side airbags. Increased bolstering, suede inserts to better hold in place... Why in the world did I go with comfort package, Ugh. Wait, I remember. It was the dang pony projection lights!!!
Old 11/7/17, 06:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,022 Posts
I would like to find some too . . . I think junk yards are the best bet. Every now and then I try some searches on line but I never find any.