Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"What you mean with 'auto is sick'? :-) "

My daughter says COOL , AWESOME
Old 5/23/10, 11:08 AM
GT Member

Congrats!!

Man now that everyone is starting to get theirs I'm getting super anxious waiting for mine. I have SO long to go
Old 5/23/10, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by maxmustang
I like those wheels too they look like made for the mustang form (trapez forms), others like the brembo or cs wheels could be attached to just any other car - but those not. They remember me to paintings of the artist Miro somehow. Think they look specially good on black and grey cause the have black/dark grey inside (im going with grabber with black roof there they also fit for my taste. I notice the HID on the black not looks strange as on other colors.) Cool car makes me think change my order from grabber to black, just had already black so i wont:-) What you mean with 'auto is sick'? :-)
"Auto is sick." Refers to this: I love stick shift, but after years of driving in a city, I'm done with it. This seems to be a bitter bit of contention with enthusiasts - but, as with every option on a car, its a personal choice.

The 6 Speed Auto in this is really, really smooth. Bottom line, the car is fast, the auto transmission responsive and it really is just flat out wicked fun.
Old 5/23/10, 12:25 PM
FR500 Member

Congrats on the new ride. "Wicked fun" - that sums it up right there.
Old 5/24/10, 11:03 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Awww, you guys are mean. I love my 335i. Coming out of an Accord, my 335i is killer. Out performs most vehicles in every aspect. Sure, sure, the status symbol thing, for many, yes, I will agree. It is a status symbol. That's fine, that's why they sell the 328's. The interior is trimmed very very well, the seats are killer, I can't adjust the seat bolsters in a Mustang. The I6 sounds great to me and I enjoy the prowess the car presents and it feels great through any driving situation.

Maybe my view is skewed, I'm sorry to all those that I offend with my support of BMW. I suppose if you want to say that I have some social complex or void that needed filling that's fine. I'm still getting a 2011 GT for my personal commuter. Way I see it is I kind of have the best of both worlds here. Granted the BMW is for my wife so I only drive it when I can find a way to sneak out with it. I do enjoy having a very well crafted machine from the factory that looks the part as well as performs it. Yes I did opt for the maintenance package when we bought it because no twin turbo engine fixes its self.

Anyway, for auto enthusiasts, we can't knock many things such as this. If the OP had a bad experience in his BMW, that sucks brother. Sorry. I didn't like any 328 model, so I didn't get one.

Jesus, sorry, I am absolutely stoked that you got the 5.0. I hope that mine outshines the 335i that I have in every way, especially since it will be my car. I can't wait to get back behind the wheel of a V8 and I am glad to see that you already have! Congrats and enjoy that slice of heaven!

P.S. if you guys want to knock something, please do so to my '03 Accord, it's a friggin' can opener! But it works well and fuel sipping is great. It's all relative right?
Old 5/24/10, 12:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Very nice ... I really think I like black 2nd to Kona out of all the available 2011 colors. All the lower black plastic has less contrast with these two colors which I think is good.

Doug
Old 5/24/10, 02:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,022 Posts
Originally Posted by Filmdude03
I have lived and learned. . . . I have never, ever smiled the way I have behind the wheel of this monster (and I like to think that I smile a lot). The sound, the feel, the handling...sigh. I want to go for a drive right now.
That's how I feel about my 2010 GT, I can only imagine what the new 5.0 would be like . . . it's killing me looking out the window at it in the driveway right now, almost time to go for a ride!

Originally Posted by coffeejolts
I guess people think BMW is a status symbol or something. I drive a BMW, so that means I've 'made it'. The bigger the metropolitan area, the more that seems true. . . .
and that is exactly why I will not own one . . . around here beamers are more common than Mustangs anyway, especially GT's . . . no doubt BMW makes an awesome car, but even if I had the cash for the BMW I'd still buy the Mustang.
Old 5/24/10, 05:08 PM
GT Member

No BMW hate here. I love the 3-series and 1-series cars!
Old 5/24/10, 05:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Yep, BMW makes some very nice cars. But I don't think I've ever heard "value" used in the same sentence. On the other hand, you can definitely get some good "value" out of a Mustang if you price it right.

I'd take a 3-series coupe any day but in the DC area, they're almost as common as Corollas and Cobalts.
Old 5/24/10, 05:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Yep, BMW makes some very nice cars. But I don't think I've ever heard "value" used in the same sentence. On the other hand, you can definitely get some good "value" out of a Mustang if you price it right.

I'd take a 3-series coupe any day but in the DC area, they're almost as common as Corollas and Cobalts.
^Truth. Not to mention every BMW looks to same to me besides the gorgeous Z4.

Plus I hear BMW's are a nightmare to maintain. I thought German cars were known for reliability?
Old 5/24/10, 05:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
^Truth. Not to mention every BMW looks to same to me besides the gorgeous Z4.

Plus I hear BMW's are a nightmare to maintain. I thought German cars were known for reliability?
That's why they provide 2 (or 3?) years of free maintenance. They'll soak you later and then say, "Hey, it was free before... so it's all a wash..."

And don't even TRY to work with their wiring/electrical. They used multi-plex wiring. A freakin' nightmare if something goes wrong.
Old 5/24/10, 06:05 PM

Wow, car looks great! I love those rims!!!

Congratulations on your purchase, have fun with it and good luck!
Old 5/24/10, 07:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Enjoy the ride! Im enjoying mine!

Old 5/25/10, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by orange3.9stang
Very nice ... I really think I like black 2nd to Kona out of all the available 2011 colors. All the lower black plastic has less contrast with these two colors which I think is good.

Doug
Thanks! I agree 100%. Though I really do like all of the colors, I like the minimalist contrast the most.
Old 5/25/10, 12:18 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GORGEOUS RIDE!!!!

DRIVE IT IN GOOD HEALTH!

LOTS OF LUCK!

That is the car i was going to order BUT it looks almost identical to the car im coming out of (check my sig)

So i went with White GT/CS VERT-----
Old 5/25/10, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Automagically
Awww, you guys are mean. I love my 335i. Coming out of an Accord, my 335i is killer. Out performs most vehicles in every aspect. Sure, sure, the status symbol thing, for many, yes, I will agree. It is a status symbol. That's fine, that's why they sell the 328's. The interior is trimmed very very well, the seats are killer, I can't adjust the seat bolsters in a Mustang. The I6 sounds great to me and I enjoy the prowess the car presents and it feels great through any driving situation.

Maybe my view is skewed, I'm sorry to all those that I offend with my support of BMW. I suppose if you want to say that I have some social complex or void that needed filling that's fine. I'm still getting a 2011 GT for my personal commuter. Way I see it is I kind of have the best of both worlds here. Granted the BMW is for my wife so I only drive it when I can find a way to sneak out with it. I do enjoy having a very well crafted machine from the factory that looks the part as well as performs it. Yes I did opt for the maintenance package when we bought it because no twin turbo engine fixes its self.

Anyway, for auto enthusiasts, we can't knock many things such as this. If the OP had a bad experience in his BMW, that sucks brother. Sorry. I didn't like any 328 model, so I didn't get one.

Jesus, sorry, I am absolutely stoked that you got the 5.0. I hope that mine outshines the 335i that I have in every way, especially since it will be my car. I can't wait to get back behind the wheel of a V8 and I am glad to see that you already have! Congrats and enjoy that slice of heaven!

P.S. if you guys want to knock something, please do so to my '03 Accord, it's a friggin' can opener! But it works well and fuel sipping is great. It's all relative right?
No, no, no - don't get me wrong, there is definitely a place in the world for the bimmer. It just was not/is not for me (especially now that I've driven this). I really found that the stigma was such a bigger part of owning that car - definitely a performance machine unlike many others.

But, that all said, I think you're in for a treat with your GT when it arrives (for me, it was a different experience all together).
Old 5/25/10, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by silverbull271
GORGEOUS RIDE!!!!

DRIVE IT IN GOOD HEALTH!

LOTS OF LUCK!

That is the car i was going to order BUT it looks almost identical to the car im coming out of (check my sig)

So i went with White GT/CS VERT-----
Thanks, man!
The color/rig is pretty sick. The White GT/CS Vert is a gorgeous car. Those rims are plain awesome on black and white cars. Definitely post pics as soon as you get yours.

Good luck and drive in good health too!