Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Heavy Driveline vibration

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/13, 05:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rando
Ruby I had the same exact issue happen last night. There was definitely no wheel hop - I've had the car for a year, I can tell when there's hop.

I was coming off a stop light turning left and it happened. I pulled over and couldn't figure out wtf happened so I merged onto the highway. I get up to 60mph and it happens again. I pulled over, turned the car off/on, and it hasn't happened since.

Pretty sure there's a programming issue but this is the first time I've had this happen in 16,000 miles and there were no error codes. Dealer won't care, but I'm taking it in soon
Take off really hard, and if it does it again, let off the gas all the way, then back on the gas. If it doesn't do it, then it is WH.
Old 11/21/13, 08:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
No offense taken, Moustang. I did help her get this taken care of as well. I’m more than happy to have yours escalated if you’d like.

Deysha

Mine hasn't happened in over a year, probably because I disable the Advancetrac entirely any time the pavement is dry. I only leave it on in the wet, and since I live in Texas it's rarely wet.

I don't blame Ford at all for finding it difficult to fix this. I've worked in car dealerships and now I work in IT. It's incredibly frustrating to have a reoccurring problem that is both random and not reproducible. You know the problem exists, but there is no way to find out what is wrong because it almost never happens.

The closest I've heard to someone being able to reproduce it was to stall the engine with a manual, and then start it up and drive around a tight corner before accelerating. Several people have mentioned the ABS going crazy after that (and that's almost exactly what mine did minus the stall) but not everyone, and you can't stall the engine with an automatic.

I know that if it was my job to try to track down and repair the problem without being able to reproduce it and never having experienced it before I would be like

Last edited by Moustang; 11/21/13 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11/21/13, 08:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Ruby I had the same exact issue happen last night. There was definitely no wheel hop - I've had the car for a year, I can tell when there's hop.

I was coming off a stop light turning left and it happened. I pulled over and couldn't figure out wtf happened so I merged onto the highway. I get up to 60mph and it happens again. I pulled over, turned the car off/on, and it hasn't happened since.

Pretty sure there's a programming issue but this is the first time I've had this happen in 16,000 miles and there were no error codes. Dealer won't care, but I'm taking it in soon

When/if it happens again, keep your foot on the gas and look at the dash. Are the Traction Control and/or ABS lights flashing like crazy?

By any chance did you stall the engine before turning?
Old 11/21/13, 12:16 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Moustang
When/if it happens again, keep your foot on the gas and look at the dash. Are the Traction Control and/or ABS lights flashing like crazy?

By any chance did you stall the engine before turning?
Nope, engine didn't stall.

I did the wheel hop again, I let off the gas, it stopped, then back on the gas and then took off fast without the hop. It is just a matter of learning the car and using the clutch and gas in sync to not hop the axle. It's fine.

Last edited by RubyTuesday2014; 11/21/13 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11/22/13, 07:59 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Let me get this escalated for you as well, Rando. Make an appointment and PM me with your info as well.

Originally Posted by Moustang
Mine hasn't happened in over a year, probably because I disable the Advancetrac entirely any time the pavement is dry. I only leave it on in the wet, and since I live in Texas it's rarely wet...
I totally understand this, Moustang.

Deysha

Last edited by FordService; 11/22/13 at 08:01 AM.