Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

HDR photos/shots!!! POST THEM UP!

Search this Thread

Old 12/20/11, 02:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
I wasn't going to say anything, but hey, you did, so thanks for that I knew they weren't, but they were nice pics

And actually, I also used a remote trigger/wireless, to avoid camera shake, and thus having to waste time aligning images.
I need to get a remote for my T3i. Thanks for the info on how use merged them. I downloaded HDRTist for my Mac and tomorrow I'm gonna wash the Boss and go do a photo shoot and try my hand at HDR.
Old 12/20/11, 03:26 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
I need to get a remote for my T3i. Thanks for the info on how use merged them. I downloaded HDRTist for my Mac and tomorrow I'm gonna wash the Boss and go do a photo shoot and try my hand at HDR.
Np at all man... I love photography. Yeah, I used to use windows/PC, but have since switched to Mac's... LOVE em. I used to use EasyHDR, but HDRTist is SO much easier and faster. And for 9.99 for Pro, can't beat it. I only wish it has a curve adjuster aside from the black and white sliders... but it'll do. I can use iPhoto to adjust slides afterwards.

And actually doing HDR blends is uber easy. Just take at least 3 (I take 6 shots usually...don't need to) exposure shots, -2, 0, 2 or -1, 0, 1...depends to your liking... just experiment and see which comes out better. Also depends on time of day, angle of sun, etc etc. I prefer dusk and dawn pics... the lighting is just perrrrrrfect. If you have some shuddering, just align the images.

p.s. Please post the pics of your Boss once you get them done!!!
Old 12/21/11, 05:07 PM
Cobra Member

I took lots of pics today after washing the Boss, and I'm going through them now and merging them into a HDR pics. So far it looks like Competition Orange is a PITA to photograph even with HDR shots.

If only pics could do this color justice
Old 12/21/11, 05:11 PM
Cobra Member

I took lots of pics today after washing the Boss, and I'm going through them now and merging them into a HDR pics. So far it looks like Competition Orange is a PITA to photograph even with HDR shots.

KB is the same
Old 12/21/11, 06:10 PM
I Have No Life

Definitely get them up! How many exposures did you take per shot? Remote shutter I hope? HDRTist?

Originally Posted by Jza1736
KB is the same
I think I was able to do it some justice based on my pics I posted
Old 12/21/11, 07:29 PM
Cobra Member

I think I was able to do it some justice based on my pics I posted
you did, I was talking about mine
Old 12/21/11, 07:46 PM
Cobra Member

KB is nothing like CO when it comes to pic justice. CO looks red in most pics, KB is obviously blue in pics.

Definitely get them up! How many exposures did you take per shot? Remote shutter I hope?
5 shots, no remote, but 2 second shutter delay, and using hdrtist.
Old 12/21/11, 08:08 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Np at all man... I love photography. Yeah, I used to use windows/PC, but have since switched to Mac's... LOVE em. I used to use EasyHDR, but HDRTist is SO much easier and faster. And for 9.99 for Pro, can't beat it. I only wish it has a curve adjuster aside from the black and white sliders... but it'll do. I can use iPhoto to adjust slides afterwards.

And actually doing HDR blends is uber easy. Just take at least 3 (I take 6 shots usually...don't need to) exposure shots, -2, 0, 2 or -1, 0, 1...depends to your liking... just experiment and see which comes out better. Also depends on time of day, angle of sun, etc etc. I prefer dusk and dawn pics... the lighting is just perrrrrrfect. If you have some shuddering, just align the images.

p.s. Please post the pics of your Boss once you get them done!!!
Sorry to interrupt but,

I'm just starting to experiment with a camera I recently got, and was wondering what would be a program to begin with to practice some of this. Would the trial version of the easyHDR you mentioned be good for this? I really don't want to buy much until I figure out if its something I want to pursue further, no need to waste money if I'm not going to use it, or really get into it and want something more advanced later.

Thanks.
Old 12/22/11, 08:17 AM
Cobra Member

I'm upset how these turned out. I don't know what I did wrong?? I shot these pics about 1-1.5 hours from sundown, 100 ISO, and I would bracket the AE every 2 clicks with 5 shots total. Plus Competition Orange is such a PITA to capture.

The backgrounds are mixed up because I HDR'ed them out of order.

Hope yall like my PINK Boss 302. lol
Old 12/28/11, 12:17 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't want to be a jerk, but those are not HDR. HDR requires at least 3 shots and usually entail a tripod being used. Now if you were able to get 3 shots of the rolling shot, even with blurred background, in true HDR, that would be sweet! But that would take a lot of work to do.

But I do like the rolling shot, and you do have a very nice car!
They are HDR, I wasn't going to post the set of them rolling, look the same. And for some reason I posted them from my iPhone and they look blurry. I have them on my computer and the detail is much better. **** Apple. Ha
Old 12/28/11, 12:33 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Sorry to interrupt but,

I'm just starting to experiment with a camera I recently got, and was wondering what would be a program to begin with to practice some of this. Would the trial version of the easyHDR you mentioned be good for this? I really don't want to buy much until I figure out if its something I want to pursue further, no need to waste money if I'm not going to use it, or really get into it and want something more advanced later.

Thanks.
So, any help?
Old 12/28/11, 09:28 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2011GT/CS
They are HDR, I wasn't going to post the set of them rolling, look the same. And for some reason I posted them from my iPhone and they look blurry. I have them on my computer and the detail is much better. **** Apple. Ha

Try reading my post again. An HDR shot requires a tripod and the same background for at least 3 shots. It would be ridiculously hard to do a true HDR rolling shot.

Is it a nice photo? Yes. Is it HDR? No.
Old 12/28/11, 09:48 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Sorry to interrupt but,

Thanks.
Sorry for not responding sooner. Been so busy with holidays etc. To answer your question, if you have a pc, you can try Easyhdr. I used that program when I had my pc. Works great. Now I do all my editing on my Mac...SO much better.

Try reading my post again. An HDR shot requires a tripod and the same background for at least 3 shots. It would be ridiculously hard to do a true HDR rolling shot.

Is it a nice photo? Yes. Is it HDR? No.
Mustangfreak, The shots you shot are not bad. It just seems like your camera doesn't capture orange/red colors very well. Also try not to shoot with the sun in front of you. Make sure your exposures are varying ev's... Some going to even -3 levels. Try that again.