Old 3/26/14, 07:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
After looking @ posts on several sites, the ( 2 ) biggest regrets are:
1. Not ordering the glass roof.
2. Ordering the Shaker Pro Audio.
Then I guess I'm going to regret my purchase bigtime

Even if the shaker pro isn't worth the asking price, it's still better than the non shaker pro, therefore making it worth it to me, who likes my music. Not interested whatsoever in aftermarket stereos. A lot of people said the Fender stereo in the VWs was junk too, but you have to find the right settings and once you do it's fantastic. I've heard other people's and it's no wonder they think it sounds like junk, because their settings are terrible, making it sound like junk.

As for the glass roof, it doesn't open which would just frustrate me; every time we are in my wife's car with a big bad pano roof and I want to open it and she thinks it's too cold, I think it's a waste. The glass roof also is not that clean looking since it requires a thin strip of metal fore and aft of the glass roof, which to me looks odd and less clean. If the glass roof was a true 1 piece panel between the two windshields, it might look better but particularly the thin strip along the front windshield looks out of place. Having cars with pano roofs for quite a while now, the glass roof isn't a new concept to me anyway; I know exactly what it's like so the novelty of a huge piece of glass above has long worn off.

EDIT: Since the first week beyond ordering the car, I haven't thought about the glass roof at all. Not going to miss it and it's absurd $2,000 price tag.

Last edited by puma1552; 3/26/14 at 07:50 AM.
Old 3/26/14, 06:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glassroof is a huge............YAYYYYYYYYY
Old 3/26/14, 07:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Or you can have both.
Old 3/27/14, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks like you are closing in on your delivery date- congrats! The waiting is horrible, but definitely worth it.

Interesting how different people value different options... People get in my car and always comment on the red interior- then they look up and say "that's cool." Of course, the next question is "does it open?" Its almost humorous, because its the same reactions every time! Then they notice the nav screen (or at night the mycolor lighting), and by the time I get a chance to punch it a bit, they're usually hooked.

I like music- a lot- and have the regular Shaker system. I replaced the upper door speakers- which improved crispness- but there's enough base for me as is (especially after installing Dynamat in the doors). Even with the Shaker Pro, I'd recommend ditching the top door factory speakers (which are the same for both systems) and install some Dynamat!

Enjoy!
Old 3/27/14, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

^Word, on my current car I went all out with features, and found that there are some I like and some I don't care for. This time around I decided to skip all the tech stuff, and just get good tunes and heated seats (for the wife) and keep it a bit simple; another reason for skipping a lot of the tech stuff is because I want to keep this car a long time and it's less stuff to break and less stuff to become outdated.

I think in the end we all love our cars, however we optioned them.

Mine is sitting just miles from here at the final rail offloading point, awaiting the transporter truck to pick it up and bring to the dealer. Should be there tomorrow or Saturday!
Old 4/9/14, 11:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
After looking @ posts on several sites, the ( 2 ) biggest regrets are:
1. Not ordering the glass roof.
2. Ordering the Shaker Pro Audio.

I can see that being 100% true, the shaker system is an overpriced sub/amp that can always be added.....the glass roof is a very nice and rare option that can not be added. Which is why I ordered mine with one! Can't wait to get it!
Old 4/10/14, 07:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Slizzime

I can see that being 100% true, the shaker system is an overpriced sub/amp that can always be added.....the glass roof is a very nice and rare option that can not be added. Which is why I ordered mine with one! Can't wait to get it!
The roof will be rarer yet in the future. The 2015 won't be offering it since it is not compatible with the new roof design.

Also, I'm not sure that the pro is just a sub. Where'd you get that info from?
Old 4/10/14, 08:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
What about noise on the highway? Won't it be louder with the glass roof?
Old 4/11/14, 02:02 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
What about noise on the highway? Won't it be louder with the glass roof?
Nope, I've had one without and my current is with glass roof and there is no difference in sound.
Old 4/13/14, 10:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
I find that hard to believe, since the solid roof has more sound deadening. I'll have to ride in a glass roof car some day!
Old 4/13/14, 11:46 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
I find that hard to believe, since the solid roof has more sound deadening. I'll have to ride in a glass roof car some day!
I owned an '11 GT Coupe and have a '14 GT Glass Roof Coupe now. No difference in noise at all. Absolutely love my glass roof!