Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Gas pedal temporarily inop

Search this Thread

Old 3/31/15, 03:04 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gas pedal temporarily inop

OK, OK, I know the real answer here is "don't be an immature moron" but humor me...For the record, my coyote powered 2013 F150 did this as well....My 14 GT behaves the same. Traction and stability control is active when this occurs. Situation is this, see a cool car drive by, throw it in Neutral, throw them a rev, back in drive, throttle is completely unresponsive causing a situation where it is almost necessary to pull over before the pedal will do anything....outside of the obvious "stop acting like a teenager" is there a fix for this?
Old 3/31/15, 06:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Earlsays
OK, OK, I know the real answer here is "don't be an immature moron" but humor me...For the record, my coyote powered 2013 F150 did this as well....My 14 GT behaves the same. Traction and stability control is active when this occurs. Situation is this, see a cool car drive by, throw it in Neutral, throw them a rev, back in drive, throttle is completely unresponsive causing a situation where it is almost necessary to pull over before the pedal will do anything....outside of the obvious "stop acting like a teenager" is there a fix for this?
there are two types of people.

people who rev their engines at others.
and people who lie about doing it.

Anyway i don't have a solution for you but this has happened to me as well.

I usually throw into N, rev, let the rpms come down then put it back in drive.
Old 3/31/15, 06:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Press the clutch pedal in instead... jk haha!
Old 4/1/15, 05:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
Just downshift and rev that way
Old 4/1/15, 06:23 AM
GT Member

Last night I tried it, going 50, neutral, high rpm rev, back to drive, pedal to the floor and stayed there, car did nothing - rpm fell to about 2 grand, with pedal pushed to the floor, when everything kicked back in, car decelerated as if downshifting from 4 to 2, and finally throttle went wide open-drive by wire is strange....
Old 4/1/15, 06:33 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I believe its a failsafe programmed into the computer to help prevent damage to the transmission (for autos at least) because my 02 would snap right back into gear from neutral but the dead zone happens to me as well. Once the rpms slow roll down to a safe point the tranny clicks into gear and goes
Old 4/1/15, 06:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It's traction control kicking in. It's hsppened to me also. The computer is sensing that what is about to happen will cause loss of traction so it stops it.
Old 4/1/15, 06:51 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
It's traction control kicking in. It's hsppened to me also. The computer is sensing that what is about to happen will cause loss of traction so it stops it.
I dont think its necessarily that because even when i have everything full off it still happens
Old 4/1/15, 06:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
To fully turn off traction control completely you need to be stopped with brake pressed and hold button for 7 seconds. A message will pop up saying everything is off. ABS cannot be turned off.
Old 4/1/15, 08:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have performed the "hello" rev and did not experience the dead pedal when going back to drive. However, yesterday, I revved while sitting still in neutral, then tried to put the car in gear before it had completely returned to idle and it would not go into gear until the idle was normal.
Old 4/1/15, 09:25 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
To fully turn off traction control completely you need to be stopped with brake pressed and hold button for 7 seconds. A message will pop up saying everything is off. ABS cannot be turned off.
I know all that
Old 4/1/15, 10:48 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
I have performed the "hello" rev and did not experience the dead pedal when going back to drive. However, yesterday, I revved while sitting still in neutral, then tried to put the car in gear before it had completely returned to idle and it would not go into gear until the idle was normal.
Hi guys,

As per my technical expert, this is a normal operating characteristic of the integrated powertrain software. The vehicle “sees” a neutral flare-up in conjunction with an RPM increase and vehicle speed decrease, the Powertrain does not know if the action was intentional (as described) or accidental (shifter was knocked out of position), so a power de-rate will occur for safety reasons.

Deysha
Old 4/1/15, 10:53 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Hi guys,

As per my technical expert, this is a normal operating characteristic of the integrated powertrain software. The vehicle “sees” a neutral flare-up in conjunction with an RPM increase and vehicle speed decrease, the Powertrain does not know if the action was intentional (as described) or accidental (shifter was knocked out of position), so a power de-rate will occur for safety reasons.

Deysha

Fantastic! Potentially, later on down the line, when the warranty is gone....I wonder if a tune could fix this?
Old 4/1/15, 02:06 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Fantastic! Potentially, later on down the line, when the warranty is gone....I wonder if a tune could fix this?
I won't comment on that, Earlsays. Lol! But, you're very welcome!

Deysha