Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Done with dealers touching my mustang

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/12, 07:17 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thamac15
I live in a very hot and dusty climate,...I'll go every 3k. If an NDI or engineer came down and told me I could do it at 8k miles and be fine I wouldn't listen. I will continue to waste money on my 3k intervals here in the valley.
It gets very hot and very cold here so I'm on the same page with u. Besides I love working on engines.
Old 6/29/12, 07:37 AM

Maybe some people in this thread should realize some of us on here may be Ford techs and mustang owners... Instead of just throwing every tech under the bus. But hey next time you screw something up and want it covered under warranty why don't you guys fix it. Problem solved!
Old 6/29/12, 08:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, can't believe this thread has gotten to 3 pages. Remember "Opinons are like a**holes everyone has one and they all stink!" That said, I am sure if you go by your owners manual you should be good, but like was said changing it more than less never hurt any engine.
Old 6/29/12, 11:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rustyrlz2005
Maybe some people in this thread should realize some of us on here may be Ford techs and mustang owners... Instead of just throwing every tech under the bus. But hey next time you screw something up and want it covered under warranty why don't you guys fix it. Problem solved!

If it doesn't apply to you then no worries, but Ford should teach their employees to respect other peoples property. It's their job to work on these cars, thats what they are getting paid for (and we have already paid for the warranty service in the price we paid for the car), but there is no need for them to lean up against them ( like the guy writing down my VIN # did when i took it in for the oil change) or the guy who changed the oil rubbing the hood to try and remove his finger prints, or leaving smudge marks all over the place inside and out. In some cases, these are close to $60,000 vehicles, but the price shouldn't matter...treat other peoples property with respect.
Old 6/29/12, 11:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JCStang
If it doesn't apply to you then no worries, but Ford should teach their employees to respect other peoples property. It's their job to work on these cars, thats what they are getting paid for (and we have already paid for the warranty service in the price we paid for the car), but there is no need for them to lean up against them ( like the guy writing down my VIN # did when i took it in for the oil change) or the guy who changed the oil rubbing the hood to try and remove his finger prints, or leaving smudge marks all over the place inside and out. In some cases, these are close to $60,000 vehicles, but the price shouldn't matter...treat other peoples property with respect.
What I highlights in his Quote should go to anyone in any service related industy not just cars.
Old 6/29/12, 11:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by JCStang
What I highlights in his Quote should go to anyone in any service related industy not just cars.
Old 6/29/12, 12:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GreenCars

I agree 100%.
Old 6/29/12, 12:30 PM

it does apply to me. i work as a tech at a ford dealer and you threw down a blanket statement. like if i said everyone who owns a grabber blue mustang is just a whiny little complainer. (i dont so dont flame me). im sorry you had an awful experience at a dealer but dont go around talking crap about all of them
Old 6/29/12, 12:37 PM
GT Member

it does apply to me. i work as a tech at a ford dealer and you threw down a blanket statement. like if i said everyone who owns a grabber blue mustang is just a whiny little complainer. (i dont so dont flame me). im sorry you had an awful experience at a dealer but dont go around talking crap about all of them
No one is talking about all of them. In this thread we even said there are good ones around. It's not just the dealer I'm not letting anyone do work on it unless it is warranty work. Just disappointing to pay over 30000 for a car and it's not good enough to get their best.
Old 6/29/12, 12:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
First off, I didn't make a blanket statement, I just outlined what happened at my first oil change and earlier what the stupid sales guy did because my paint was so "deep and wet looking"....it only applies to you if you go around rubbing peoples paint and not treating other peoples property with respect.
Old 6/29/12, 01:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm waiting for the caps lock to come on in this thread cuz that's when it get serious
Old 6/29/12, 02:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Thamac15
I'm waiting for the caps lock to come on in this thread cuz that's when it get serious
Let me have that stick your using to stir things up
Old 6/29/12, 05:36 PM

Haha no caps lock I'm not mad. It just seems like a lot of people on here trash talk every Ford dealer. Employees here have bad days and lapse in judgment just like every career. Should he lean on your car? No but its probably how he does his job everyday and had a brainfart. Yeah the filter shouldn't have been loose but quick lane people usually aren't certified in anything because theyre just starting. Maybe he just got yelled at for overtightening. You never know. I guarantee worse will happen driving down the road or in parking lots
Old 6/29/12, 06:00 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Point is, ford techs are in a SERVICE industry. Just like anyone else working in a job where you have direct customer interaction. Disrespecting ones property is inexcusable. So don't take offense for customers mouthing off their disgust at some experiences they may have had. If anything, ford and it's dealers should read and pay attention that some techs (not all) are in fact not satisfying the customer 100%.... Period.

If I see a tech or a sales guy, heck ANYONE, touching my car or my paint when not necessary, that would **** me off. And I'd let them know it. Did they pay for the car? Are they paying for insurance on it? No. So respect it. I do the same. I detail other peoples cars. You think you would appreciate it if I did a halfa$$ job on your car? Moreso scratch the crap out of it? I think not. Same applies to us getting our service done at the dealer. Common sense really.

Last edited by FromZto5; 6/29/12 at 06:29 PM.
Old 6/29/12, 06:09 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Point is, ford techs are in a SERVICE industry. Just like anyone else working in a job where you have direct customer interaction. Disrespecting ones property is inexcusable. So don't take offense for customers mouthing off their disgust at some experiences they may have had. If anything, ford and it's dealers should rad and pay attention that some techs (not all) are in fact not satisfying the customer 100%.... Period.

If I see a tech or a sales guy, heck ANYONE, touching my car or my paint when not necessary, that would **** me off. And I'd let them know it. Did they pay for the car? Are they paying for insurance on it? No. So respect it. I do the same. I detail other peoples cars. You think you would appreciate it if did a halfa$$ job on your car? Moreso scratch the crap out of it? I think not. Same applies to us getting our service done at the dealer. Common sense really.
Thank you!!!!! The customer may not always be right, but the customer is always the customer.
Old 6/29/12, 10:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gster

I hand it over to you sir,...happy stirring
Old 6/30/12, 01:08 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Gster
pot > butt
Old 6/30/12, 11:17 AM
GT Member

I changed my oil yesterday at 1100 miles. Oil filter wasn't TIGHT, but was less tight that I usually put them on. I was expecting it to be super tight, but turned without much effort with my weak hand. No leaks though. However the drain plug wasn't smooth coming out like every other one I've seen, once I broke it loose I still had to use slight pressure on the wrench to get it to turn most of the way out. Usually break it loose and it'll free spin with just my fingers.