2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Does the V6 Mustang Deserve Respect? This 'One Take' Owner Thinks So

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/15, 08:35 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Wow... where have I been. I need to grab my for this thread.

Originally Posted by awoychosky123
For the price I love my v6 1. I'm not paying big v-8 insurance for my mustang, 2.It has plenty of horse power for most cars (its on the plus side of impressive) 3. Remember the original mustang was designed to be a cheap and affordable solution to a sports car, and I think the v6 captures that thinking sure I could go out and buy a v8 just to say I have a big o five oh but honestly its a muscle car its meant to be quick not fast your can race it on a track all you want but your only going to see me at the strip.
Please use punctuation. The only "." I see are from your numbering schemes. Lack of punctuation makes your thoughts very difficult to convey and understand...

Originally Posted by scott9050
Mustang was a Pony car as its inception, not a muscle car. It is now a muscle car. Being over 40 insurance is very kind to me. Even in D.C. traffic I get to enjoy my GT every single day.
I do love the V-6 justification threads, it always reminds me of the little brother who is trying to grab the basketball that big brother is holding just out of reach.
Your last metaphor is a hoot. Well said.
Old 9/23/15, 01:02 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott9050
Mustang was a Pony car as its inception, not a muscle car. It is now a muscle car. Being over 40 insurance is very kind to me. Even in D.C. traffic I get to enjoy my GT every single day.
I do love the V-6 justification threads, it always reminds me of the little brother who is trying to grab the basketball that big brother is holding just out of reach.
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Wow... where have I been. I need to grab my for this thread.

Please use punctuation. The only "." I see are from your numbering schemes. Lack of punctuation makes your thoughts very difficult to convey and understand...

Your last metaphor is a hoot. Well said.

Let me see if I can understand your metaphor because, I want to have a hoot as well.

Is the 2011 V6 Mustang the big brother to lets say a 1991 Ford Mustang GT because... well... it clearly has more power than that. doesn't it?

isn't the Ford GT powered by a 6 cylinder engine? Is the Mustang GT the big brother to that as well? Nope.

This is all just a lot of dumb chatter back and forth.

the EB mustang is not the little brother to the v6. The V6 is not the little brother to the GT.

Just different Tier engines designed for different people with different needs.

Last edited by JoeMidnight; 9/24/15 at 06:47 AM.
Old 9/23/15, 07:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
I don't have to worry about anything because I really don't give a **** about what cars are faster than me. Ya'll have issues if worrying about a camry (or whatever) being faster is a legitimate concern.
But I hate getting passed by a Camry. It's just not right.
Old 9/24/15, 06:43 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by GrnT
But I hate getting passed by a Camry. It's just not right.
LOL... I bet you see that a lot in Minn eh?

Also as for the passing thing, heck, my wife always passes me in her Prius
Old 9/24/15, 09:55 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Let me see if I can understand your metaphor because, I want to have a hoot as well.

Is the 2011 V6 Mustang the big brother to lets say a 1991 Ford Mustang GT because... well... it clearly has more power than that. doesn't it?
Is a 1991 Mustang the same generation? Apples to oranges.

isn't the Ford GT powered by a 6 cylinder engine? Is the Mustang GT the big brother to that as well? Nope.
Is the Mustang a limited production super car? Apples to oranges.

This is all just a lot of dumb chatter back and forth.
Actually, I find it quite entertaining just as I do all of the V6 justification threads I have ever encountered.

The V6 is not the little brother to the GT.
Actually it is, just like the 5.0 is the little brother to the GT500. That is the way the lineup was created.

Just different Tier engines designed for different people with different needs.
My needs include not being slower than a Camry or most modern SUV's. Different strokes for different folks.

Last edited by scott9050; 9/24/15 at 09:59 AM.
Old 9/24/15, 11:32 AM
Cobra Member

post deleted. not worth my time.

Last edited by JoeMidnight; 9/24/15 at 11:40 AM.
Old 9/24/15, 01:16 PM
I Have No Life

Definitely subscribed to this thread. More to come I'm sure.
Old 9/24/15, 02:28 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I don't get what all the butthurt is all about. Buy/drive what you like. If I don't like your car, why do you care? If you don't like mine, no problem. I drive/maintain it, not you. It's as if people think life is like Facebook. If they don't get enough likes, they are upset or even suicidal.

Last edited by SpectreH; 9/24/15 at 02:30 PM.
Old 9/24/15, 04:15 PM
Bullitt Member

The V6 deserves respect, maybe not from the GT owners but its plenty fast for a daily driver. I couldn't justify spending the extra 10 grand to sit in traffic and worry about my co workers giving me door dings. If I want a GT or something comparable, it will be a garage queen. Something I can drive on the weekends and keep really clean.
Old 9/24/15, 05:19 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if anything, we now know who has a small *****
Old 9/24/15, 07:08 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectreH
I don't get what all the butthurt is all about. Buy/drive what you like. If I don't like your car, why do you care? If you don't like mine, no problem. I drive/maintain it, not you. It's as if people think life is like Facebook. If they don't get enough likes, they are upset or even suicidal.
Thank you.
Old 9/24/15, 08:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by whowasthat
if anything, we now know who has a small *****
Ya...those V6 owners are familiar with small things that don't get the job done. Lol
Old 9/24/15, 10:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Can a v6 pass a Prius or a Camry? And if so will they respect a V6 mustang? Not likely. As far as any other manufacturer goes do you think they would respect a v6 mustang? Not likely. Why worry about what someone else thinks about what you like.
Old 9/25/15, 06:05 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SpectreH

Generally, its 100% spot on. I totally agree with you. My issue is, you have people here that CONSTANTLY bash anyone who doesn't have a "GT" Rather, they would prefer to knock down everyone because they decided that a different trim package was more suitable for their needs.

They know we read as many threads as the next guy and yet they still bash what they don't know, what they don't have and there's only so much one can take. You would never see me say " Eww... you got a base model? that's tacky knowing the Premium was available. You'll never see me knock GT owners with lets say a 2006 GT and tell them that their "sports car" is barely faster than a lets say, 2008 V6 Camry family sedan down the quarter mile, that's pathetic, get a fast car.

I could have bought a GT. why? spend an extra 10K+ and still go the same speed? not be able to drive it and enjoy it all seasons of the year in CANADA?

I guess... I'll just use the tools at my disposal and will start adding garbage to my ignore list.

Last edited by JoeMidnight; 9/25/15 at 06:17 AM.
Old 9/25/15, 06:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Generally, its 100% spot on. I totally agree with you. My issue is, you have people here that CONSTANTLY bash anyone who doesn't have a "GT" Rather, they would prefer to knock down everyone because they decided that a different trim package was more suitable for their needs.

They know we read as many threads as the next guy and yet they still bash what they don't know, what they don't have and there's only so much one can take. You would never see me say " Eww... you got a base model? that's tacky knowing the Premium was available. You'll never see me knock GT owners with lets say a 2006 GT and tell them that their "sports car" is barely faster than a lets say, 2008 V6 Camry family sedan down the quarter mile, that's pathetic, get a fast car.

I could have bought a GT. why? spend an extra 10K+ and still go the same speed? not be able to drive it and enjoy it all seasons of the year in CANADA?

I guess... I'll just use the tools at my disposal and will start adding garbage to my ignore list.
^^Well said. I chose a base V6 because I knew I was going to put a blower on it. For my situation there was no need for Navigation, ambient lighting, leather and all that stuff. None of that stuff matters at the track. I have all that in my 2015 Focus hatchback. So with the money I saved I put on a blower, have more RWHP than most cars on the road and also have something no one else has. Oh, and even with a blower I still paid less than a base GT.

Last edited by V6 Driver; 9/25/15 at 06:58 AM.
Old 9/25/15, 06:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Honestly, GT owners are just trying to start something here with the v6 owners. Camry owners and most modern SUVs will not out run a 2011+ v6 mustang. The Cyclone powered mustang is right there with the 2005-2010 v8 so I don't understand the issue.

For $18k I was able to get an awesome brand new car. GT owners can't say they spent that little on a brand new car. Is 10k worth the extra power? Sure for some. Does it make them better than the v6, the answer is no.

Lets see a Camry or Modern SUV do this and only cost 18k...

Name:  AE9C6852-1DA4-4D55-950C-FEDE43887D8F_zps21ck2nwk.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  120.8 KB

The question is why wouldn't the v6 mustang deserve respect?
Old 9/25/15, 07:02 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Anthony, your car looks killer! I love those wheels!
Old 9/25/15, 07:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by killaz05
Honestly, GT owners are just trying to start something here with the v6 owners. Camry owners and most modern SUVs will not out run a 2011+ v6 mustang. The Cyclone powered mustang is right there with the 2005-2010 v8 so I don't understand the issue.

For $18k I was able to get an awesome brand new car. GT owners can't say they spent that little on a brand new car. Is 10k worth the extra power? Sure for some. Does it make them better than the v6, the answer is no.

Lets see a Camry or Modern SUV do this and only cost 18k...

The question is why wouldn't the v6 mustang deserve respect?
A lot of people (car peeps included) also fail to realize when getting into a "swanz measuring" contest is that the 305 (V6) or 425 (GT) HP quoted by Ford is not at the wheels. Actual numbers are more in line with 260 and 375 without bolt ons. Can a soccer mom with a current year camry, prius, or SUV get that much? Especially for 18K? Now when the occasional GT owner wants to be a douche and tells me his car makes 425, I just smile politely and show him my dyno sheet. That usually ends the conversation.

Last edited by V6 Driver; 9/25/15 at 07:35 AM.
Old 9/25/15, 08:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by V6 Driver
A lot of people (car peeps included) also fail to realize when getting into a "swanz measuring" contest is that the 305 (V6) or 425 (GT) HP quoted by Ford is not at the wheels. Actual numbers are more in line with 260 and 375 without bolt ons. Can a soccer mom with a current year camry, prius, or SUV get that much? Especially for 18K? Now when the occasional GT owner wants to be a douche and tells me his car makes 425, I just smile politely and show him my dyno sheet. That usually ends the conversation.
But most GT's are not stock, and have similar bolt-ons that you have. You can keep a GT n/a and still be faster than a V6 with a blower.
Old 9/25/15, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Last1
But most GT's are not stock, and have similar bolt-ons that you have. You can keep a GT n/a and still be faster than a V6 with a blower.

Very true. However stock GTs or even ones with bolt ons are everywhere. Based on pitiful aftermarket support for the V6, I know that there aren't many blown 3.7s. For me it is all about being different. And I don't begrudge or have ill will towards any other mustang owners the same way V8 owners look down at non V8 owners. They may just be turning down a future friendship, a weekend cruise buddy etc. by being a douch. I guess in the end it doesn't matter. We are supposedly all part of the Mustang family. I give every mustang I see a thumbs up, even peeps driving a Mustang 2.

Last edited by V6 Driver; 9/25/15 at 09:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Does the V6 Mustang Deserve Respect? This 'One Take' Owner Thinks So