Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Did They Just Kill the Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/08, 08:26 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
It will be late 2010 before the world economy begins growing again.
That's your prediction, but who knows for sure.... Did you know that the longest U.S. recession in history was 16 months? Did you know that we've been in our current recession for 12 months now? I think everyone accepts the thought that we will break a new record in our current recession, but who knows for sure how long it will last. Too many factors for any layman to make an informed estimation. Even the so-called experts have differing opinions.
Old 12/5/08, 01:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If it were only that simple

If it were only that simple, we Could no Would all be trading BILLIONAIRES!

Originally Posted by Even Steven
If you truly believed what you're saying, then you would be a fool if you didn't buy any/all Ford stock that you could afford. In fact, you'd be crazy to even think about buying a new Mustang when you could simply invest some money in Ford stock and be able to buy a new Mustang for cash with your windfall when the stock rises.

I'm not saying that it won't happen, but rather pointing out that a HUGE investment opportunity is presenting itself for those who truly believe that Ford stock (and the others) will rise back again. Hell, if you dump as little as $5,000 into Ford stock and it goes up to just $15/share, you'll end up turning your $5,000 into $30,000. If it goes up into the $30/share range, you'll turn your $5,000 into $60,000+

If a lot of people had that type of faith in Ford stock, it would start rising again as more and more people pump their cash into it. Who knows, maybe the gov. bailout will be the spark that Ford needs to get their stock values rising again.
Old 12/5/08, 03:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black GT500
If it were only that simple, we Could no Would all be trading BILLIONAIRES!

It's exactly that simple, if you have the ***** to invest your money and take the chance. How complicated do you think it is to buy stock? Very simple...

The problem lies with the fact that people DO lose money when investing in that "sure thing", which is exactly why so many people don't have the ***** to invest in Ford (or the others) right now. If they go under, common stock investors WILL lose their money. Typically, bond holder (and other debt holders) are among the first to get repaid in any settlements and common stock holders are dead last. That's one of the big reasons stocks are considered so risky.
Old 12/5/08, 03:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am new at trading. I opened my first trade account just to be able to buy FORD stock last week, I am going to buy FORD stock after the 7 day waiting period. I know FORD will do better and I have confidence in the company.
Old 12/5/08, 03:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

It's exactly that simple, if you have the ***** to invest your money and take the chance. How complicated do you think it is to buy stock? Very simple...

The problem lies with the fact that people DO lose money when investing in that "sure thing", which is exactly why so many people don't have the ***** to invest in Ford (or the others) right now. If they go under, common stock investors WILL lose their money. Typically, bond holder (and other debt holders) are among the first to get repaid in any settlements and common stock holders are dead last. That's one of the big reasons stocks are considered so risky.
I've been thinking of investing in Ford, but for the long run. Right now, Ford stock isn't going to go anywhere. My prediction is it will stay low until 2010+. That's when the cost cuts come into play for the company. I don't think Ford stock will be anywhere near 15 anytime soon

The only thing stopping me from investing in Ford is that the auto industry worldwide is in the dumps. I don't see this changing in 2009. Our economy is in for a rough road Q1/Q2 09'.
Old 12/5/08, 04:08 PM
V6 Member

I mostly agree with the story. Ford should have hit the gates running with a more competitive mustang or waited another year. Their marketing was great and would have been a winner after the camero rolled out. Should have been the new 2011 5.0.
Old 12/5/08, 04:13 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by max2000jp
Our economy is in for a rough road Q1/Q2 09'.
I suspect that we will be in recession until at least late '09. And then it will take another year until late '10 for a recovery to take hold and growth to begin again.

Bottom line: tough times for the next 24 months or so, assuming no more major calamities befall us.
Old 12/5/08, 09:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
I am new at trading. I opened my first trade account just to be able to buy FORD stock last week, I am going to buy FORD stock after the 7 day waiting period. I know FORD will do better and I have confidence in the company.
Good man.... it's people like you who will help Ford get back on track. And if you're right in your assumptions, then you will be rewarded dearly for your investment.
Old 12/5/08, 09:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by max2000jp
I've been thinking of investing in Ford, but for the long run. Right now, Ford stock isn't going to go anywhere. My prediction is it will stay low until 2010+. That's when the cost cuts come into play for the company. I don't think Ford stock will be anywhere near 15 anytime soon

The only thing stopping me from investing in Ford is that the auto industry worldwide is in the dumps. I don't see this changing in 2009. Our economy is in for a rough road Q1/Q2 09'.
Exactly.... BUT-- the idea is to buy when you think it hits the bottom. How low do you believe it can go? Historically, it's pretty **** low right now. Can it go lower? Sure. Can it tank completely? It's certainly possible. But I'm betting that it will recover in time, just like you... I'm just not convinced that it will not drop lower than it is now. But even if it does, if you're in it for the long haul, then it shouldn't matter. A drop from today's price means nothing if it eventually exceeds today's price down the road.
Old 12/6/08, 11:20 AM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Exactly.... BUT-- the idea is to buy when you think it hits the bottom. How low do you believe it can go? Historically, it's pretty **** low right now. Can it go lower? Sure. Can it tank completely? It's certainly possible. But I'm betting that it will recover in time, just like you... I'm just not convinced that it will not drop lower than it is now. But even if it does, if you're in it for the long haul, then it shouldn't matter. A drop from today's price means nothing if it eventually exceeds today's price down the road.
Exactly! You wouldn't believe how many people I've heard mention something about selling their Ford stock (as well as Chrysler and/or GM stock) because it's "tanking." Now's definitely the wrong time to sell; it is, however, a good time to buy, assuming it will recover (which, like you, I believe it will happen -- it'll just take some time).
Old 12/6/08, 11:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MARZ
Exactly! You wouldn't believe how many people I've heard mention something about selling their Ford stock (as well as Chrysler and/or GM stock) because it's "tanking." Now's definitely the wrong time to sell; it is, however, a good time to buy, assuming it will recover (which, like you, I believe it will happen -- it'll just take some time).

People who sell lower than they paid originally turn a "paper loss" into a real loss. That's why I would recommend holding on to it right now and hope that the company doesn't go completely bankrupt. Only two things can happen--they can go under completely (unlikely) or they can start to gain in price/share, allowing stock holders who bought low to gain real wealth.
Old 12/7/08, 08:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Personally, I see the 2010 Mustang as a model change that Ford was foced into making before they were ready to "freshen" it up due to the 2008/9 Challenger and 2010 Camaro debuts. At least, that is the story Ford designers and decision makers should stick with
Old 12/7/08, 10:16 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mot250
Personally, I see the 2010 Mustang as a model change that Ford was foced into making before they were ready to "freshen" it up due to the 2008/9 Challenger and 2010 Camaro debuts. At least, that is the story Ford designers and decision makers should stick with

That would be a Hard Sell, considering They started working on the 2010 in 2005 and the 2010's Design was Locked In by Early to Mid 06. The Norm is that when They Introduce a New Car, they're already beginning to Design It's Replacement.

Last edited by TampaBear67; 12/8/08 at 05:08 AM.
Old 12/7/08, 10:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Double Post

Last edited by TampaBear67; 12/7/08 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Double Post
Old 12/7/08, 08:17 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Originally Posted by mot250
Actually the original refresh was to take place for the 2009 Mustang, however when Mark Fields had discovered the Challenger and Camaro, were being brought back from extinction. The decision was then made to push the refresh behind a year, in favor of a more complete restyle change.
Old 12/8/08, 09:09 AM
Cobra Member

Whatever happened to the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality? I like the style of the current Mustang as do millions of other people, so IMO Ford took the best Mustang design they have made in the last 20 years and added on to that. Everyone wanted hips for the 05+ now it's got that, People liked the slanted headlights and front end of the GT500 so the new one takes cues from that. People wanted a more refined interior and some new bells and whistles, and Ford took care of that. From where I sit the only thing Ford did was play it safe and give peopel what they wanted, the end result I am sure will be high sales of which I guess according to Edmunds Ford doesn't want
Old 12/8/08, 10:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
Whatever happened to the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality? I like the style of the current Mustang as do millions of other people, so IMO Ford took the best Mustang design they have made in the last 20 years and added on to that. Everyone wanted hips for the 05+ now it's got that, People liked the slanted headlights and front end of the GT500 so the new one takes cues from that. People wanted a more refined interior and some new bells and whistles, and Ford took care of that. From where I sit the only thing Ford did was play it safe and give peopel what they wanted, the end result I am sure will be high sales of which I guess according to Edmunds Ford doesn't want

Ummmm, I don't know why don't you ask ford? they went from changing the Classic Mustang's Every Two Years to letting it Stagnate for 13 Years with the Fox Body receiving only minor face lifts, but retaining all the sheet metal except the hood. I'd Rather Have a New Design Every 4 Years than keep the same one around forever. But I'm kinda confused by your post. You ask "Whatever happened to the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality?" Then You go right ahead and tell us what was maybe not broke, but missing on the previous car, that people really wanted in a New car.
Old 12/8/08, 10:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Read Tom's post again. I do believe he was actually defending the 2010.
Old 12/8/08, 11:10 AM
Cobra R Member

No, I Think I Understood That he was defending the 2010, that's what was throwing me off about the "If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It" comment.
Old 12/8/08, 11:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Which, I believe, he was using in reference to the 2010 "haters," not Ford.

Quick Reply: Did They Just Kill the Mustang?