2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Dealer Delaying my Order?

Search this Thread

Old 8/26/10, 07:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Delaying my Order?

Here is my story: I placed an order for a 2011 GT vert on August 6th. I contacted my salesperson on the 10th to see if the order had been placed with Ford. He said they only order once a week (Mondays) so they will have to wait until the 16th (OK - so why didn't they submit it on the 9th?)

On the 17th, he contacts me to confirm the colour of the top (It was on my order - cloth top - only comes in black -apparently they were confused about codes for black vinyl vs black cloth) BTW - didn't he say that they only submit orders Monday and the day he contacts me it is Tuesday. He does provide me with an order code this day at my request.

On the 24th, I contact the salesperson and ask for a copy of the DORA. He responds and says his dealer principal will contact Ford about the status of my order and getting a DORA. He further states, "we are waiting on allocation for our dealership". OK but if you submitted the order to Ford on the 16/17, you should have received the DORA on the 17/18 - you don't need to wait for an allocation to get the DORA?

On the 25th, I send him the production update from Aug 2 indicating delays for processing Mustang GT orders. He thanks me and says, hopefully, he can some info on expected delivery date and the DORA that day. Of course, I don't hear back from him that day either.

The whole thing sounds fishy to me and I am wondering if they have even submitted my order yet. I can't really walk because they did a courtesy trade for me (in and out private sale) and they have $23,500 of my money. This is a Canadian order so the Ford Family Pricing applies up to August 31st - savings of $6K.

I would appreciate any comments/suggestions, especially from Ford salespeople.

Thanks.
Old 8/26/10, 07:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Except for incompetence, the dealer has no real reason to delay your order. He doesn't make the sale and the profit until the car is delivered. A car can be ordered without an allocation, it will just sit in the order bank until the dealer receives an allocation. Sometimes some body styles or engines or transmissions or _____ (fill in the blank) are on restriction and that could cause a delay for your particular car.

This sounds like a dealership that doesn't order many sold cars and is a little indifferent about the process. Also, make sure they coded your order with a high priority code.