2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Curious how many folks have kids that ride full time in the Stang

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/10 | 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by treygil
For those using booster seats, any advice on the model (not to be confused with the rear facing seat thread)?
Also, as an fyi ,there was a thread on here about a month ago and someone posted stating not to put stuff under booster seats (towels, noodles, etc.) due to possible compression during a crash. I can look for it and link it later tonight if need be, but it was on this forum not too long ago.
I'll take a chance of a little compression (post the thread if you find it) over my kid and the booster seat sitting at an angle because of the deep well of the rear seat bottom. I don't think having the seat and my child at an angle like frequently happens would be good in a crash either.

The more I think about it, the compression theory doesn't make much sense. The seat bottom is foam, and can compress if enough force is placed on it. Just placing something suitably stiff (comparable or stiffer than the seat bottom foam) seems like a wiser idea than having the booster seat move around so much.

eidt: I found this thread from four years ago that mentions something along these lines. I still think it is going to be safer to have the booster seat flat and not able to fall into the seat well because something (ideally something pretty stiff) is underneath it than to have the seat be able to slide around like our booster seats do now. https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=436574

Last edited by Ministang; 5/5/10 at 04:58 PM.
Old 5/5/10 | 05:12 PM
V6 Member

mmmmm...pop tarts
Old 5/5/10 | 06:20 PM
V6 Member

I remember sleeping on the rear floorboards of my dads 69 Mach I as kid. The seat belt anchor used to burn my arms and backside. I also remember traveling through NYC in the Summer heat and fainting. It was black jade without a/c!

It made me tough!

Thats the problem with today's kids! They're a bunch of sissy's because Mom and Dad might make them uncomfortable!

Buy the **** car!
Old 5/5/10 | 06:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ttillub
I remember sleeping on the rear floorboards of my dads 69 Mach I as kid. The seat belt anchor used to burn my arms and backside. I also remember traveling through NYC in the Summer heat and fainting. It was black jade without a/c!

It made me tough!

Thats the problem with today's kids! They're a bunch of sissy's because Mom and Dad might make them uncomfortable!

Buy the **** car!
LMAO... yeah, in the old days it was "stow and go" kids. Now it's stow and go seats. WTF.

And what's up with these helmets kids wear when playing (skateboarding, skiing, snowboarding, biking etc.) We never had those! I had NO problems getting through the fifth grade by the time I was 24.
Old 5/5/10 | 06:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

I remember sleeping on the rear floorboards of my dads 69 Mach I as kid. The seat belt anchor used to burn my arms and backside.
LOL! I remember those damned metal seat belt buckles. YEEEEEOW!
Old 5/5/10 | 06:59 PM
Bullitt Member

It made me tough!

Buy the **** car!
LOL - believe me - the boys are tough. I ain't raising no sissies (couldn't resist using this awesome smiley) just wanted a little feedback from others with kiddos
Old 5/5/10 | 07:02 PM

My kids love it. All three fit in well,(13,11,5) and I use a towel with the booster seat. They like it so much they want to use it for hockey practices and games. While the trunk is big, goalie equipment is a stretch. Seriously, they love it.
Old 5/5/10 | 07:34 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

It made me tough!

Buy the **** car!
That's been my dad's motto

Mom had the minivan turned Escape(s).

Now I've gone against it all and bought something that doesn't have AC for Florida :gasp:
Old 5/5/10 | 07:55 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Ministang

eidt: I found this thread from four years ago that mentions something along these lines. I still think it is going to be safer to have the booster seat flat and not able to fall into the seat well because something (ideally something pretty stiff) is underneath it than to have the seat be able to slide around like our booster seats do now. https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=436574
Keith, that is the one I was thinking of, thank you for finding it.
Sorry, I read it a month ago, looks like it was posted a while back!

I do wonder about this as well for my kid. Don't want him sinking in, but don't want the extra slack in a seatbelt when it is needed most, nor a big piece of wood being an unsecured object inside the cabin during a crash....