2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Crappy dealers where I live

Search this Thread

Old 5/21/10, 12:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crappy dealers where I live

It is a shame when you are surrounded by crappy dealers when looking to buy a new 2011 Mustang GT.

The dealer where I brought my 2010 GT for oil change, etc, who claims they are Mustang people and sell Roush (25 miles away), have not returned my 3 calls to them regarding the 2011s. So I went to a another local dealer with my 2010 and got oohs and aahs from the salesmen, said how nice my car is and said I could get around $27k for mine in trade (7000 miles) BUT THEY WOULD NOT HAVE ANY 2011 GTS FOR 60 - 90 DAYS!!! I see they have about 5 2010s and an 2009 on the lot so they probably can't order any new ones.

Then I called a dealer I heard on the local rock station advertising 2011s in stock and asked for their Mustang person, Joe. Joe was out today and they practically hung up on me and told me to call back tomorrow! Wow, unbelievable. Maybe I should have told them I was looking for an F150 or something, maybe I would have gotten more help.

Joe C
Old 5/21/10, 12:49 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow that sucks Joe.
Old 5/21/10, 12:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Talk to Jeff. He'll order one for you.
Old 5/21/10, 01:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Thats OK my local dealer has a 2011 GT in stock. But isnt allowing any test drives for another 2 months

What do he think they are freaking Ferrari's

Good thing I ordered mine thru Jeff. It will be here by then.
Old 5/21/10, 01:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,578 Likes on 1,082 Posts
Yeah, I feel your pain, they are pretty lame around here too. For a while they refused to acknowledge the existence of the new models; now that some have them on the lots they can no longer deny, but they are still mostly clueless.

But the good news is that trade in value; try to lock that in if you can!
Old 5/21/10, 02:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Bert
Yeah, I feel your pain, they are pretty lame around here too. For a while they refused to acknowledge the existence of the new models; now that some have them on the lots they can no longer deny, but they are still mostly clueless.

But the good news is that trade in value; try to lock that in if you can!
Isn't Paul from Van Bortel in Rochester, NY? He's one of the good guys here.
Old 5/21/10, 02:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Isn't Paul from Van Bortel in Rochester, NY? He's one of the good guys here.
Yes I believe so, the OP is from "upstate new york" so Van Bortel is probably an excellent option . . . supposedly they are giving better-than-X-Plan pricing also.
Old 5/21/10, 03:21 PM
Bullitt Member

I am "upstate" compared to NYC. NYC people call us "upstate" although to people in Central NY we are called "downstate". I don't like being called "downstate" as that is the name of the local prison 8-). Actually I am 1/2 between NYC and Albany.

Rochester is about 5 hours from here, quite a drive up the Thruway. Albany has some Ford dealers which I heard are good and it is about 2 hours from here.

Joe
Old 5/21/10, 03:27 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jocatch
I am "upstate" compared to NYC. NYC people call us "upstate" although to people in Central NY we are called "downstate". I don't like being called "downstate" as that is the name of the local prison 8-). Actually I am 1/2 between NYC and Albany.

Rochester is about 5 hours from here, quite a drive up the Thruway. Albany has some Ford dealers which I heard are good and it is about 2 hours from here.

Joe
Keep in mind these guys (Jeff for sure, not sure about Paul) can have the car shipped to any Ford dealer.
Old 5/21/10, 03:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Jeff might actually be closer, he is in PA
Old 5/21/10, 03:37 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Then I called a dealer I heard on the local rock station advertising 2011s in stock and asked for their Mustang person, Joe. Joe was out today and they practically hung up on me and told me to call back tomorrow! Wow, unbelievable. Maybe I should have told them I was looking for an F150 or something, maybe I would have gotten more help.

Joe C
Or send the CEO/Owner of "Joe's" Dealership a certified letter (pointed but professional) and explain how wasteful they are of advertising dollars and unless he responds promptly with a rock bottom offer with speedy delivery, they wasted more than just advertising dollars. They lost local business.
I love writing CEO's. Their staff responds immediately and you get the enjoyment of seeing employees retrained and humble... or their heads roll for disrespecting a customer.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/21/10 at 03:39 PM.
Old 5/21/10, 03:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
Or send the CEO/Owner of "Joe's" Dealership a certified letter (pointed but professional) and explain how wasteful they are of advertising dollars and unless he responds promptly with a rock bottom offer with speedy delivery, they wasted more than just advertising dollars. They lost local business.
I love writing CEO's. Their staff responds immediately and you get the enjoyment of seeing employees retrained and humble... or their heads roll for disrespecting a customer.
I actually plan to write the owner of Cowles Ford a letter after I'm done. I've thought about this a lot. What do I want? The car will come when it comes -- I'm not faulting them for anything more than taking 10 days to put the order in at this point in terms of delivery. But in terms of communication from the salesman all the way up to the General Sales Manager, EPIC FAILURE. There is NO resolution for me. But maybe they can be retrained for future customers.
Old 5/21/10, 04:12 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
I actually plan to write the owner of Cowles Ford a letter after I'm done. ... But maybe they can be retrained for future customers.
IMO that is the only way the CEO/Owners hear about it and fix anything. Cause you know if you go thru 'normal channels' it gets buried or filed in the round file long before it ever reaches the top.
Old 5/21/10, 05:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Joe

None of the dealers around here (almost in a straight line west of you) have 2011's either. I tried getting a 2010 GT500 and they wouldnt even budge on the sticker price.
Old 5/22/10, 09:29 PM

Crappy dealers in NY

I shopped 4 or 5 dealers in NYC & on Long Island. The best I could get was barely $1K off MSRP for an 2011 Premium V6 order w/a bunch of options. So I know the dealer is making 2K on my order! In this area, in which the economy is supposedly doing better than the economy nationally, the dealers will turn away business rather than meet invoice price, or $500 over invoice, for that matter. Believe me, I tried hard. With every dealer to spoke with, the price kept going up! Even with a written lower price in hand! If the salesman doesn't get his price, they tell you to go to another dealer & buy it there. I guess that's what one can expect here in the NYC metro area when one tries to buy a car that's in scare quantity right now.
Old 5/22/10, 09:50 PM
GT Member

Joe
<OT>I'm from Long Island originally and one of my freshmen year college roommates was from Westchester County. "Oh! You're from upstate NY!" He looked at me funny when I said that.</OT>

/Cool story bro...
Old 5/22/10, 10:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by shotzy
Thats OK my local dealer has a 2011 GT in stock. But isnt allowing any test drives for another 2 months

What do he think they are freaking Ferrari's

Good thing I ordered mine thru Jeff. It will be here by then.

that sucks, i drove a $40,015 2011 cali special and i even told the guy i had no intentions of buying the vehicle lol