2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Clues to the redesign ?

Search this Thread

Old 3/5/07, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
I was being facetious. Just out of curiosity, do you even read my posts?
Oh, I know, I just get myself so riled up seeing how badly Ford's been doing lately. Wish it were just my crusty opinings, then "so what, rant on," but sadly, seems the rest of the buying public is not terribly impressed with Ford's ware's either, at least in the new world. Cold, hard sales figures pretty much speak for themselves.

And then I see what cool cars they're rolling out everyplace else and arghhhhh. That new Mondeo looks great. Slap that great new Duratec 35 in that puppy along with a 6 speed and keep the crisp, taut European suspension tuning and Ford would have a class leading car. Us, we have the 500/Tuarus/Whatever that has dealer rebate and Avis written all over it -- would make a nice sensible car for my 70 year old mother.

The Fusion is better but hardly enough -- should have had a 300hp 3.5L AWD SVT version roll out 6 months after the intro. Instead, in about 4 years SVT has barely been able to squeeze out only the overweight, overpriced, undersuspended GT500.

Focus? Puleeze, that poor outdated turd got beat by the ugly stick and gelded while the Euro-Focus oozes turbocharged 220hp cool.

At least it sounds like Mulally, not a product of Ford's disfunctional internal system, has a grasp of the obvious and seems to be pushing for bringing some of these excellent wares over.

Hopefully FoMoCo won't collapse completely before that happens.
Old 3/5/07, 05:37 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rhumb
Oh, I know, I just get myself so riled up seeing how badly Ford's been doing lately. Wish it were just my crusty opinings, then "so what, rant on," but sadly, seems the rest of the buying public is not terribly impressed with Ford's ware's either, at least in the new world. Cold, hard sales figures pretty much speak for themselves.

And then I see what cool cars they're rolling out everyplace else and arghhhhh. That new Mondeo looks great. Slap that great new Duratec 35 in that puppy along with a 6 speed and keep the crisp, taut European suspension tuning and Ford would have a class leading car. Us, we have the 500/Tuarus/Whatever that has dealer rebate and Avis written all over it -- would make a nice sensible car for my 70 year old mother.

The Fusion is better but hardly enough -- should have had a 300hp 3.5L AWD SVT version roll out 6 months after the intro. Instead, in about 4 years SVT has barely been able to squeeze out only the overweight, overpriced, undersuspended GT500.

Focus? Puleeze, that poor outdated turd got beat by the ugly stick and gelded while the Euro-Focus oozes turbocharged 220hp cool.

At least it sounds like Mulally, not a product of Ford's disfunctional internal system, has a grasp of the obvious and seems to be pushing for bringing some of these excellent wares over.

Hopefully FoMoCo won't collapse completely before that happens.
I agree. But you do understand, don't you, that it is/has been 'marketing & finance' that runs this company, and that that division is fraught with old-guard politicos who are completely out of touch with the buying public?

IMO, the only way Mulally has a chance of turning things around is by clearing out those cockroaches once and for all. And, I'm sorry to say, I think Fields should go with them. He just comes off to me as a slick chachi who doesn't REALLY know what he's doing.

I think we will know in the next 24 months or so whether Mulally has "cleaned house" or not.

The irony is, as you mentioned, that Ford of Europe and Ford of Australia are churning out popular, competitive products.

I wonder, if Ford of North America goes down, what will happen to the European and Australian subsidiaries? You would think they would have a vested interest in seeing the North American parent company succeed.
Old 3/5/07, 05:58 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
God what a beautiful car!
we soo need that here
Old 3/5/07, 06:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Aussie's always get the cool stuff!! We need more of that kinda design and power on this side of the planet.
Old 3/5/07, 08:36 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by burningman
God what a beautiful car!
we soo need that here
I have to say I'm really not that fussy about the overall body shape of that car - too much '80s in the design; the same problem that plagued the recent Pontiac GTO.

It's nowhere near as stylish as the pumped up Holden Commodore, IMO.
Old 3/5/07, 09:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

The front end reminds me of the Nissan Skyline R34 quite a bit.

Old 3/7/07, 03:40 AM
Cobra R Member

if ford made that in the us they would turn the company around and those designers would be responsible, maybe the designers should be in charge of ford?
Old 3/7/07, 03:44 AM
Cobra R Member

Anyone here from austrailia I want one of those
Old 3/7/07, 05:53 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
if that falcon were over here i would seriously think of switching my mustang to one atleast until i could afford to have one of those and a mustang.