2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Mustang D.O.A...

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/15, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang D.O.A...

So on Monday night I drive my 2015 mustang gt home for the first time. I wake up Tuesday morning to drive it for the first time to work and it won't start. I tried to remote start it from my house and it didn't work so I get in car to start it and steering wheel is locked and when I push in brake it's extremely stiff. Late for work and had to drive wife's car. Called dealership and they came with sales woman and a tech and they couldn't start it. After two weeks car is still not fixed and 3 dealerships could not get it started. Now they get 4 engineers from Dearborn to come to dealership and they have no clue how to fix. Now talking with crest ford in Warren mi, on a daily basis about car and they want ford to buy car back so I can get in a other mustang and I'm told ford will not buy car back. My frustration is with Ford motor company not standing by there vehicle. Thank god crest ford purchased the car back like I was trading it in so I could get in another mustang. Thank you Crest ford. I love my mustang but to be honest I may never buy a ford again because of how ford handel it. Black car was original car then received red car.
Attached Thumbnails Mustang D.O.A...-image.jpeg  
Old 9/19/15, 08:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Reds better then black. Blacks just black. Always bet on red. Is this a complaint thread or are you happy now?

Last edited by GrnT; 9/19/15 at 08:07 PM.
Old 9/19/15, 08:06 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Sorry you had problems with the first car. That red one you have now is very nice.
Old 9/19/15, 08:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Pretty car. Them models look real nice in that red!

And for sure, welcome to the forum! Come back often!

Now... Crest done you right. And Ford is bureaucratic on these things. Crest obviously recognized the situation and bought the car back... or swapped it anyway... and they'll deal with Ford because that's now their car, and they can get it done, where you were in a bit of a pickle to get things done with Ford.

One heck of a dealership you found there, sounds like. Heck, I wanna buy something from them in solidarity for their work here.

I have to say this, however... Ford isn't any better than any other manufacturer except maybe Rolls Royce? Bentley? Porsche? Something like that. But any of the other manufacturers/makes in the 'everyman' class of car, any time they'd have to deal with this, this is the shenanigans you can expect.

Heck, look at Volkswagen AG! They put *emissions trickery* in their cars, mechanical devices that turn on specifically to pass emissions, and then turn themselves back off for every day driving. They're starin' at 18 **BILLION** in fines for that stupidness. And they *admit* it.

These are the folks that make Audi, Volkswagen, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati... And THEY did this to the environment to gain an advantage with their four bangers in some way!

Point of that is this: No car manufacturer is immune to this sort of ham handedness. They all do it. Whether to the environment, or to a strange case such as yours.

I'm not sure you can then buy a car from anyone. Because they're going to mess you or the world over in some way, really, when you think about it...

Well, anyway. You have a real nice car at the end of it, right? Right! Enjoy your Mustang!

And again, welcome aboard the nut house.

Last edited by houtex; 9/19/15 at 08:15 PM.
Old 9/20/15, 08:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Job # 1 yup I swear to God they are Jewish in a sense of money in never out , I just had my hood replaced where it took like 7 years fighting I had to pay 40% ford payed 40% & the dealer 20% then 2 months go by they call me & want my old hood. Sure give me my 40% back they said no I said Stick It post your story to every Facebook page that they rave about & watch what happens . Good luck isn't there a lemon law in the USA ?
Old 9/23/15, 04:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by houtex
...And Ford is bureaucratic on these things.
Vehicle delivered Monday evening and dead 12 hours later and nobody can even start it? It should have been replaced Tuesday!
Old 9/23/15, 10:20 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry, I am having a problem with this. Two posts from the OP ( and only one on this thread)and no follow up to this one. My '97 Cobra did the same thing. It was flat bedded from my garage. The dealer techs could not figure out why it would not start, so they called Ford. A computer was hooked up to it and Ford saw the Engine Management Computer had a problem. They overnighted, by air, a replacement and I had the car back at 3 that afternoon. So, I find the OP's story a little questionable, since Ford could make a determination on the problem in 1997,on my car, and could not with the advances of technology in 2015, on his car.

Last edited by SD CALSPCL; 9/23/15 at 10:23 AM.
Old 9/24/15, 04:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
... So, I find the OP's story a little questionable, since Ford could make a determination on the problem in 1997,on my car, and could not with the advances of technology in 2015, on his car.
You need a good dose of current-day Ford service... it's not 1997 anymore. Based on my experience with two vehicles in the past several years, this is the way it works now.
Old 9/24/15, 12:38 PM
Cobra Member

I can buy it. He's probably just really pissed off with his experience and is probably spreading the word on every online community that he can find. doesn't make him in the wrong. I know I would be completely turned off by the car as well especially if I didn't get it in the color I wanted. Black / red ... drastic color choices.
Old 9/26/15, 07:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wannabe
You need a good dose of current-day Ford service... it's not 1997 anymore. Based on my experience with two vehicles in the past several years, this is the way it works now.
I have great service experiences with Ford, to include my most recent one. On my 2011 (service in 2012), the tech, after replacing the rear end still felt a slight vibration, so he called Ford. They suggested replacing the drive shaft and overnighted one to the dealership.

My 2013 SHO was completely trouble free, with the exception of a recall, taken care of by the dealer. My Current 2015, which will be a year old in November runs just like it did when I left the show room. I have had two oil changes, at the dealer, and the service has been perfect. I upgraded my free oil change to full synthetic and was going to pay the difference, they refused and said free was free.
Old 9/27/15, 06:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SD CALSPCL
I have great service experiences with Ford, to include my most recent one. On my 2011 (service in 2012), the tech, after replacing the rear end still felt a slight vibration, so he called Ford. They suggested replacing the drive shaft and overnighted one to the dealership.

My 2013 SHO was completely trouble free, with the exception of a recall, taken care of by the dealer. My Current 2015, which will be a year old in November runs just like it did when I left the show room. I have had two oil changes, at the dealer, and the service has been perfect. I upgraded my free oil change to full synthetic and was going to pay the difference, they refused and said free was free.
I had many Fords that were completely trouble free over the years. Even with the problem vehicles ('10 Taurus and '13 Escape) I'll say nothing but good about routine oil changes and such. But take something in that they can't duplicate or figure out (like a brand new vehicle that won't start) and it's a whole new experience. To be fair, it's not just Ford...
Old 10/20/15, 10:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Problem

Originally Posted by wannabe
Just a little history, my family have owned Fords since the 50's.... In fact, after buying 4 cars from one dealer over a 3 year spans (59-62), the dealership gave us the title Collins Fleet Line. All other cars and or parts purchased at that dealership (Crenshaw Ford) was discounted just over dealer cost. That lasted into the 90s when the dealership went out of business. They treated us well. I'm sorry to hear your story about the BS you were put through, but like the gentleman said, this is the new way of doing business. Glad the dealership stepped up. First On Race Day or Fix Or Repair Daily?, you call it!