Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Brembo DOESN'T come with dual piston rears

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/11, 10:22 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SVTJayC
Because I am helping to dispel RUMORS and spread the truth, I am a troll?

It's not a suspension "debate". There are no suspension differences. There never were.

It's the $400 tires. it's always been the tires.
Nevermind a separate set of part numbers for shocks/struts, and the known differences in LCA's? Sure, the tires make a difference, but that's not it.
Old 1/28/11, 10:33 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Steve I checked it out there isn't any differences in suspension. All 2011 gt's have the 2010 track pack suspension.

And the lower control arms of the gt500 has the exact same part number on it as the non-brembo gt.
Old 1/28/11, 10:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The mags (specifically Motor Trends Mustang vs M3 article) are the culprits behind this because they refused to believe a simple tire change would make that much difference in an already great suspension setup. So they assumed there were suspension changes. Ford, has been somewhat dishonest in not dispelling that rumor, but then again why would they? Brembo pack cars are selling like crazy, and if owners think they are getting something for nothing there, let them.

Now, the 2 pot vs 1 pot caliper issue, that IS a ford problem. They even have that in their sell literature. They are dangerously close to a class action suit.
Old 1/28/11, 10:52 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Steve, I had parts look them up, the shocks and struts do have different part numbers while the lower control arms do not. It doesn't tell the specs of them unfortunatly.

I will post pictures of the suspension later. Visually they are the same, I doubt they are much different and are just tuned to match the tires on the car. The GT500 on the other hand you can clearly see bushing differences and completely different struts.
Old 1/28/11, 10:55 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

According to Dave Pericak the suspension has been recalibrated. I've driven a GT and BBP GT and the BBP GT has a firmer ride. I'm not making any claims of what's different and surely the tires have a lot to do with the ride but what I felt was more than tires.

And I'm not the only one.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/mart...brembo-package
Old 1/28/11, 10:59 AM
GTR Member

I'm surprised someone didn't come up with a class action suit yet. Definitely has the potential for it.
Old 1/28/11, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
I'm surprised someone didn't come up with a class action suit yet. Definitely has the potential for it.
If I bought a Brembo car I'd definitely be pissed about it. Depends on how many of them they sell in the end as to whether a suit would get traction. I can't believe they didn't change the literature for 2012 though.

Then again, I can't believe if the BP cars did in fact come with suspension upgrades, that Ford wouldn't put that in their literature. Perhaps they just have the worlds worst marketing team?

They were smart enough to hire Mike Rowe before he blew up though.
Old 1/28/11, 11:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 5 DOT 0
According to Dave Pericak the suspension has been recalibrated. I've driven a GT and BBP GT and the BBP GT has a firmer ride. I'm not making any claims of what's different and surely the tires have a lot to do with the ride but what I felt was more than tires.

And I'm not the only one.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/mart...brembo-package
I didn't notice the BP car i drove being any firmer. It didn't even feel like a low profile tire ride. It was actually very compliant.

As for the article you mention, its just more of the same speculative, telephone game crap...

"For just $1,695 on GT models with manual transmission, the package adds four-piston Brembo calipers and larger 14-inch Brembo rotors, plus larger (11.5) non-Brembo rotors in back, along with unique 19-inch matte-gray "horseshoe spoked" alloy wheels that look great with the Mustang's bright red or blue hues. Pirelli summer performance tires, recalibrated stability control, and a retuned suspension"

They regurgitate the same BS about about rear brakes too

And as a matter of fact, according to Ford's literature, the 2012 GT models all have the "Sport Mode" now, which used to be BP only.

I don't doubt the BP cars might have slight variations, i just doubt they are substantial improvements over the standard 19 inch wheel package (which includes the strut tower brace).

Last edited by SVTJayC; 1/28/11 at 11:08 AM.
Old 1/28/11, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...uspension.html
Old 1/28/11, 11:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
Right, yet another thread thats starts out like "THE BP HAS A MUCH BETTER SUSPENSION, BLAH BLAH BLAH", and then 15 pages later ends with "Hmm, Maybe they are different, I think...hmmm".

Again, if the suspension was BETTER in the BP cars, you bet your butt dyno Ford would be selling it as such.

Different != Better.

And again, "sport mode" is now (once again according to Ford lit) going to be in all GT's with premium package.
Old 1/28/11, 12:55 PM
V6 Member

I've got all my Brembo take-off parts from when I l changed out my suspension. If someone has lowered their 2011 non brembo Mustang, and has their take-off parts, we can compare their part numbers with mine. Wouldn't that work?
Old 1/28/11, 03:45 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm sorry but "visually" there IS a difference in rear suspension... in particular the lower arms. Go to any Ford lot and a non-Brembo GT has black lower control arms, while a Brembo pkg equipped car has silver. There is no way they could have the exact same part numbers. Again, it might just be paint color but what's the point? If I needed a replacement, how would my dealer ensure I'd get a silver so they matched. Something strange is afoot.

I CAN say that $1695 for upgraded wheels, top-end tires, larger front rotors and Brembo font calipers is actually a **** good deal. 4 replacement tires are $1535 from TireRack.
Old 1/28/11, 04:39 PM
Bullitt Member

jeez. so freaking what? who cares.
Old 1/28/11, 04:39 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
****.....this sounds like a bunch of belly aching to me. What you got for the price is a **** good deal.

Class action lawsuit....that's one of the things wrong with this country.... everyone is sue happy nowadays.
Old 1/28/11, 04:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
****.....this sounds like a bunch of belly aching to me. What you got for the price is a **** good deal.

Class action lawsuit....that's one of the things wrong with this country.... everyone is sue happy nowadays.
So if I sell you a zircon and tell you it's a diamond, that's ok?

With respect to the rear calipers Ford is saying they are 2 piston, and encouraging their sales people to do the same. And they aren't. That's not OK.

With respect to the suspension, it's a case where the magazines aren't doing their homework, and instead basing their claims on speculation and great tire grip. Also not OK.
Old 1/28/11, 05:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SVTJayC
So if I sell you a zircon and tell you it's a diamond, that's ok?

With respect to the rear calipers Ford is saying they are 2 piston, and encouraging their sales people to do the same. And they aren't. That's not OK.

With respect to the suspension, it's a case where the magazines aren't doing their homework, and instead basing their claims on speculation and great tire grip. Also not OK.
I had a 2011 with Brembo Pkg ordered, but I decided against getting the car when I have a daughter getting married, another starting college, myself getting married and buying a house.... i opted for a low mileage 2010 instead. That being said, i ordered one KNOWING all this crap is out there over the rear brake issue and i still would not have cared less. What your getting for what your paying..... stop it!!
Old 1/30/11, 12:10 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jmatero
Brembo DOESN'T come with dual piston rears
Here's a "back on topic" question for everybody.

Since the Brembo package doesn't come with dual piston rears, is it worth it to purchase a dual piston caliper setup for the rears? Read an (older) article here that says not only do you get better performance with dual piston setups but you also get less drag and better fuel economy.
Old 1/30/11, 12:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SD6
Here's a "back on topic" question for everybody.

Since the Brembo package doesn't come with dual piston rears, is it worth it to purchase a dual piston caliper setup for the rears? Read an (older) article here that says not only do you get better performance with dual piston setups but you also get less drag and better fuel economy.
I answered this on pg. 2 of this thread. The GrandAM cars still use the single caliper out back, over 80% of the braking on this nose heavy car is done by the fronts. Even the mighty M3 uses a single caliper out back but they have huge rotors out there at 13.8" vs. 14.2" for the front. Keep in mind though the M3 has almost perfect 50/50 weight distribution.

Dave