2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Borla issues, possibly switching to Corsas... Need input pls

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/14, 06:49 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,721 Likes on 1,224 Posts
I'll give my opinion only because I have experience with Borla. Yeah,......Borla = okay quality. They sound great, but quality isn't a top priority over there, I assume. Too bad.
Old 3/24/14, 07:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
That would address the fitment issues. Not the weld issues. And on top of that, as a paying customer, I shouldn't have to deal with those hassles. Products should fit right and have no quality issues whatsoever. I love their sound.... But after 4 exhaust sets, something ain't right.
Yep especially since they are some of the most expensive exhaust on the market!
Old 3/24/14, 07:22 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
For the price they charge...quality should be top of the bunch....
Old 3/24/14, 08:00 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
I'll give my opinion only because I have experience with Borla. Yeah,......Borla = okay quality. They sound great, but quality isn't a top priority over there, I assume. Too bad.
Unfortunately, that's what I'm discovering...the hard way

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Yep especially since they are some of the most expensive exhaust on the market!
Originally Posted by JCStang
For the price they charge...quality should be top of the bunch....
I figured they charged that much due to quality and sound. Perhaps I just had an anomaly. Corsas are pricey too, so hopefully it will be better in those respects.
Old 3/24/14, 08:09 PM
MJJ
Bullitt Member

Time to move on. Corsa is top notch.
Old 3/24/14, 08:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Z. I know how much you liked your Borla's. Maybe it was all the new HP you have now that cracked them. No exhaust is strong enough for Marilyn.
Old 3/24/14, 08:20 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by MJJ
Time to move on. Corsa is top notch.
Thanks Sean. That's why I decided to switch to them. I'm looking forward to the new system. You'll see and hear about it on 4/12

Did you see the texts I sent you? Isn't that wild? Here's another... All my borlas in the last week or so, plus the one on my car. All had issues... Sigh....

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
Sorry to hear about that Z. I know how much you liked your Borla's. Maybe it was all the new HP you have now that cracked them. No exhaust is strong enough for Marilyn.
Lol... Thanks sir, but I wish that was the issue/reason for all this. Here's a pic of what all started this a week or so ago. Check out this crack! That's quality of weld and SS quality, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails Borla issues, possibly switching to Corsas... Need input pls-image-2281153385.jpg   Borla issues, possibly switching to Corsas... Need input pls-image-843952162.jpg   Borla issues, possibly switching to Corsas... Need input pls-image-2688460471.jpg  

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/24/14 at 08:23 PM.
Old 3/24/14, 08:32 PM
V6 Member

Did you drill the drain holes in the Borla ?
Old 3/24/14, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
yes, ill be looking forward to the video
Old 3/24/14, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
lol? okay quality? sound like a hater bro.

Borla is the best tuned exhaust in the market. you can't beat it.
Old 3/24/14, 08:48 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by RacerX27
Did you drill the drain holes in the Borla ?
I knew I forgot to type that out when I stated my previous post. I knew something was going to ask that when I forgot to mention. But yes, I drilled weep holes in all my exhausts. In fact, I drilled all the weep holes in the 4 exhausts that I have in my house right now… I've gotten so good at it I can actually drill it without even measuring it. Isn't that sad? :-) what's even more sad is that I drilled all those holes for nothing… Since I'll be shipping them back shortly.

Originally Posted by iceD
lol? okay quality? sound like a hater bro. Borla is the best tuned exhaust in the market. you can't beat it.
No, Tony is not a hater. He's had some prior experience with borla. And since I have always been a big supporter of Borla, one cannot argue that given the latest circumstances, it has left me with some doubt. There's no arguing that they sound fantastic. Those of you who have known me over the course of three years know that I loved my borlas. But The weld issues, followed by three Exhausts this week that had fitment issues, it has left me scratching my head…

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/24/14 at 08:49 PM.
Old 3/24/14, 08:58 PM
Bullitt Member

i believe you. i've been through a situation like this before. it sucks man. Hopefully that corsa can fix all your problems. It sounds fantastic. im looking forward to the vid clip.

it's louder than the borla which is nice. sounds like an upgrade for you from the borla

Last edited by iceD; 3/24/14 at 09:05 PM.
Old 3/25/14, 02:08 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Borla troubles. I just got my Kooks in yesterday evening and installed them last night. The quality is better than I could have imagined. They sound ridiculous in person. Super deep and just enough crackle. I also got mine from Hypermotive. Top notch and I'm just guessing but I'm pretty sure they will be getting a lot of money from me in the future.
Old 3/25/14, 03:03 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What are you going to do with the Borlas? Just curious, as I would not mind finding some at a decent price to get re-welded or cut/fit/welded just to try them out...

Good luck with the Corsas, hope you will post a sound clip when you get them!
Old 3/25/14, 08:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Dang, Burton, you've got a lot of old threads to go back and edit posts about recommending Borlas in!

Bummer to hear that and amazing the product deteriorated that badly in a car driven only in good weather like yours. Then you have DD cars like mine and DivaDanielle's with no issues whatsoever. What a weird deal.
Old 3/25/14, 09:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
That is bad. Good luck with your new Corsa's they look great, cant wait to see the video.
Old 3/25/14, 10:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i missed this thread some how.. sorry to hear about this Burton.. i have heard quad corsa exhaust and they are as equally mean as borla...i have seen the black powder coated tips ones but not sure they look good on stangs.. saw them on an S4 they looked killer.
Old 3/25/14, 11:28 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
sorry to hear of this. 4 exhausts in a few weeks? what a pain in the ****, not to mention repacking and shipping, the efforts to try and install. Hope the Corsa's are the answer!
Old 3/25/14, 02:21 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 2010GBGT
I would have gone with Corsa's if I didn't end up with a great deal on my Kooks axle backs. Loved that Corsa sound on my 10 GT. They were the sports though and a bit mild. Good choice on the Extremes, definitely the way to go. Can't wait to hear them!
I heard great things about Kooks as well. I'm stoked about my new set.

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
Sorry to hear about your Borla troubles. I just got my Kooks in yesterday evening and installed them last night. The quality is better than I could have imagined. They sound ridiculous in person. Super deep and just enough crackle. I also got mine from Hypermotive. Top notch and I'm just guessing but I'm pretty sure they will be getting a lot of money from me in the future.
Another Kooks lover? I need to hear a set in person. Quality was good, Steve? And yes, Dan at Hyper is awesome. Just got off the phone with him just now actually, with another question regarding something else.

Originally Posted by Azrael
What are you going to do with the Borlas? Just curious, as I would not mind finding some at a decent price to get re-welded or cut/fit/welded just to try them out...

Good luck with the Corsas, hope you will post a sound clip when you get them!
The Borlas (all 4 sets) have to go back to Borla. They are paying for the shipping, etc... they need them back to do analysis plus the refund for me. Warranty and customer service is still great. I have nothing bad to say. The quality, however, is suspect.

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Dang, Burton, you've got a lot of old threads to go back and edit posts about recommending Borlas in!

Bummer to hear that and amazing the product deteriorated that badly in a car driven only in good weather like yours. Then you have DD cars like mine and DivaDanielle's with no issues whatsoever. What a weird deal.
Kyle... since you know me for almost 3 years now, you know I was one of the biggest shouters for Borla. I loved them. I was shocked at this happening. I figured it happened to Roush pieces... LOL

I guess Karma is a *****. haha...

But yeah, so I barely put 4.5k miles on her, never in rain, never in dirt, etc.... then the welds break through? hmmmmm

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
That is bad. Good luck with your new Corsa's they look great, cant wait to see the video.
thanks sir. Video will be up this weekend if install goes well. I'm phobic now with fit issues. Ugh.

Originally Posted by CiniZter
i missed this thread some how.. sorry to hear about this Burton.. i have heard quad corsa exhaust and they are as equally mean as borla...i have seen the black powder coated tips ones but not sure they look good on stangs.. saw them on an S4 they looked killer.
Thx Shiaz... it's crazy man, crazy.

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
sorry to hear of this. 4 exhausts in a few weeks? what a pain in the ****, not to mention repacking and shipping, the efforts to try and install. Hope the Corsa's are the answer!
Kid you not, 4 exhausts. You saw the pic of my front door right? None of those 3 there, fit right. Can you believe it?

ugh.

Last edited by Boomer; 3/25/14 at 03:12 PM.
Old 3/25/14, 02:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5

Another Kooks lover? I need to hear a set in person. Quality was good, Steve?

Quality is top notch. They are made is a rather small shop in Statesville, North Carolina so there's less assembly line corner cutting. I think that makes the QC a little higher. They sound great. I just posted a nice HD vid in the exhaust thread.

Quick Reply: Borla issues, possibly switching to Corsas... Need input pls