Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Borla issues, possibly switching to Corsas... Need input pls

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/14, 01:59 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Borla issues, possibly switching to Corsas... Need input pls

Folks... I'll explain once it's all resolved. But meantime, anyone running Corsa extremes? What are your thoughts on:

- Quality (most important)
- Fit (everything lines up, lengths, etc)
- Of course sound...

Any thoughts on how it will sound with borla x pipe and OTA pipes that I already have?

Also I pinged Jay at hypermotive.... Waiting for a response on price. Any other recommendations?

Thanks guys.

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/24/14 at 02:00 PM.
Old 3/24/14, 02:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What's wrong with borla? lol
Old 3/24/14, 02:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by iceD
Zto5... you know we can't wait right? lol

About Corsa... sorry but zero knowledge other than that they're a great brand that seems to have a strong following.
Old 3/24/14, 02:57 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Krohn
Zto5... you know we can't wait right? lol

About Corsa... sorry but zero knowledge other than that they're a great brand that seems to have a strong following.
Yeah… I'm waiting for a call back from Borla. You guys know how much I love them, despite the issues I'm having. I don't want to bad mouth them at all. But last week I discovered a weld crack on both mufflers, and my system is about 2 years old As always, Borla customer service is top notch, so they sent me a replacement, but now I'm having fit issues. As the amount that the tips are sticking out are varying by 0.50" or more. We are working through the issues now. If it can't be resolved, I will be switching to Corsas. Let's just say I have 4 exhaust systems in my house now, and none are made the same. I'm a little frustrated to say the least. Took the day off today to get my car ready for show season, and now this.

What I find so shocking is that Borla is KNOWN for their quality, etc. So I'm really shocked at this. Really. Weld cracks, then fitment issues. I remember, set 2 this week, the right side was off by close to 1". I'm like… wtf.

Anyways, more info to come.

Last edited by FromZto5; 3/24/14 at 03:00 PM.
Old 3/24/14, 03:03 PM
I Have No Life

But anyways, back on topic… here's some good vids I found on Corsas. I really like them too. They were on my top 3 a couple years ago when I went with Borlas. I know their quality and fitment is top notch too.

Thoughts on the below?

Old 3/24/14, 03:33 PM
I Have No Life

Sounds like I'll be going with the Corsas. That's too bad. I loved my Borlas. But oh well, change is good.

I'm finalizing my order with Hypermotive… what are your guys' thoughts on Stainless Steel polished tips or Black stainless steel tips? I saw the black ones and I thought they looked great. Just wondering how they'll look like on my car. Hmmmm… thoughts?

Old 3/24/14, 03:37 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm.. This makes me wonder about my S-types. I was gonna go back to my exhaust guy and blame him as the passenger side muffler sticks out further than the driver side. I will need to measure everything. Hope you get it figured out and the Corsa's sound pretty good.
Old 3/24/14, 03:38 PM
I Have No Life

I found another vid… that I thought was pretty cool. He just needed to shut off that dang music though. Ugh.

From what I can tell, they sound smoother than the Borlas… not sure about volume. I'll find out this week, lol. But I think they sound deeper??? hmmm
Old 3/24/14, 03:38 PM
Cobra Member

I would go with the SS tips. They go better with the wheels and emblems on your car.
Old 3/24/14, 03:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
I would go with the SS tips. They go better with the wheels and emblems on your car.
+1. Sucks borla couldn't help you. Post a vid of the corsas though!
Old 3/24/14, 03:47 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
Originally Posted by lime05
+1. Sucks borla couldn't help you. Post a vid of the corsas though!
Thanks for input guys. Yeah I was thinking if I did the black stainless steel, I'd switch emblems to the black 5.0. Hmmmm…

or.

Just stick with Stainless steel… decisions decisions. I need to decide before I place my order with Jay/Dan at Hyper. Left a message with him though, I need to place my order tonight.

As for Borla trying to help me, they have been. I have no ill will towards them at all. Steve and Chris have been very helpful at Borla. Just some weird stuff going on with the last few sets. I've been under my car 4 times in the last week. It was getting old. However, I've been able to replace and install my axle backs in 45 minutes now, tops. LOL.
Old 3/24/14, 03:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
those corsa's sound amazing!

You should def get them.

I know you're having some issue with borla...just like some members on here are having issues with the bama tune.

**** happens...there are items which are defective, 1/1000 or 1/100 whatever the case may be. It happens. It shouldn't happen since we are paying a **** load of money for them. If they were cheap, i'd say yeah, you get what you pay for.

But yeah, i understand where you're coming from...4 sets of exhausts in your house, that's not even funny.

Go with corsa's. They sound lovely, yes they sound louder than the borla s-types. love it. Heard good things about corsa.

Old 3/24/14, 04:07 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Sounds like I'll be going with the Corsas. That's too bad. I loved my Borlas. But oh well, change is good. I'm finalizing my order with Hypermotive… what are your guys' thoughts on Stainless Steel polished tips or Black stainless steel tips? I saw the black ones and I thought they looked great. Just wondering how they'll look like on my car. Hmmmm… thoughts?
They all look good with the Shelby/CS valance. Is that what you have?
Old 3/24/14, 04:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Didn't know if you wanted to wait, but I'm getting my Corsas in a few days probably, and I've got sound recording equipment that does a much better job than camera or phone mics. It may not make too much difference, but thought I'd offer the info.
Old 3/24/14, 05:27 PM
Banned

I think Borla sounds better.
Old 3/24/14, 05:54 PM
I Have No Life

those corsa's sound amazing! You should def get them. I know you're having some issue with borla...just like some members on here are having issues with the bama tune. **** happens...there are items which are defective, 1/1000 or 1/100 whatever the case may be. It happens. It shouldn't happen since we are paying a **** load of money for them. If they were cheap, i'd say yeah, you get what you pay for. But yeah, i understand where you're coming from...4 sets of exhausts in your house, that's not even funny. Go with corsa's. They sound lovely, yes they sound louder than the borla s-types. love it. Heard good things about corsa.
Yeah, I've never had issues with borla before like this. The first time was the length fitment issue 2 years ago, which we addressed. Now all the weld issues and more fitment issues

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
They all look good with the Shelby/CS valance. Is that what you have?
I have the stock valence.

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Didn't know if you wanted to wait, but I'm getting my Corsas in a few days probably, and I've got sound recording equipment that does a much better job than camera or phone mics. It may not make too much difference, but thought I'd offer the info.
Thanks sir... Yes please post the videos! I'd love to see and hear your quad setup.

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
I think Borla sounds better.
I loved the borla sound. You know how much I loved their sound. But alas, I can't live with weld and fitment issues. Tbh, the corsas sound a lot deeper, and smoother. I've never heard them in person, except on a vette. And they sound really good too. So if anything, it will be different. I'm stoked about it. From what I hear, the Extremes are the same level as the Ataks... But louder. . I can't imagine them with a full catback which is what I have.
Old 3/24/14, 06:06 PM
I Have No Life

Well folks, it's done. I ordered my brand new Corsa Extremes! I chose the SS tip. The black SS tip, though gorgeous, would blend in too much and disappear within the stock valence.

Sound wise, I heard the Extremes are louder than the Ataks! Lol... Maybe I should have gone with sports. Not. With my full catback system, I have a feeling Marilyn will be very mean. As always, I'll post pics, vids, and a review this weekend when I get it.

Many thanks to Dan at hypermotive. Quick response, great pricing, and as always EXCELLENT customer service. I can't wait for th to arrive.
Old 3/24/14, 06:15 PM
Banned

if I were you, I'd just take the car to an exhaust shop and have them sort out the borlas.

Mine have settled to a point where I think they sit kinda low, and I'm highly considering just taking it to a shop and have them sort it out.
Old 3/24/14, 06:19 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
if I were you, I'd just take the car to an exhaust shop and have them sort out the borlas. Mine have settled to a point where I think they sit kinda low, and I'm highly considering just taking it to a shop and have them sort it out.
That would address the fitment issues. Not the weld issues.

And on top of that, as a paying customer, I shouldn't have to deal with those hassles. Products should fit right and have no quality issues whatsoever.

I love their sound.... But after 4 exhaust sets, something ain't right.
Old 3/24/14, 06:41 PM
GT Member

I would have gone with Corsa's if I didn't end up with a great deal on my Kooks axle backs. Loved that Corsa sound on my 10 GT. They were the sports though and a bit mild. Good choice on the Extremes, definitely the way to go. Can't wait to hear them!

Quick Reply: Borla issues, possibly switching to Corsas... Need input pls