2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Best lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/15, 07:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
So in other words, as long as the customer can provide proof or purchase from either Steeda or an authorized distributor, Steeda will stand by their products 100% by replacing them for the customer under it's lifetime warranty including a guarantee in writing if in the event they should ever fail.. Therefore would this be considered as accurate ?
A little more detailed than that explanation.

If you purchased it directly from us & can show proof of purchase, then that is the first step - also being the original owner. Warranties are non transferable.

We will work with the customer to ensure the product is properly examined & determined that the part failed under it's intended use & under normal operating conditions.

In short, yes, we stand behind our products 100% but if a customer calls & says part xxxx failed ... we will need to determine how it failed & rule out abuse by the consumer.

Best Regards,

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 11/13/15 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11/13/15, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I think I have decided on the BMR lowering springs. But just for future reference, what are good quailty shocks and struts that go with the BMR? I am on a budget so nothing too expensive. Just wondering so I know how much it would be in total for everything. Thanks!
Old 11/13/15, 08:48 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,750 Posts
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
A little more detailed than that explanation.

If you purchased it directly from us & can show proof of purchase, then that is the first step - also being the original owner. Warranties are non transferable.

We will work with the customer to ensure the product is properly examined & determined that the part failed under it's intended use & under normal operating conditions.

In short, yes, we stand behind our products 100% but if a customer calls & says part xxxx failed ... we will need to determine how it failed & rule out abuse by the consumer.

Best Regards,

TJ
Just wanted to make certain we're on the same page.. So I really appreciate that you took the time in explaining Steeda's warranty policy, as I found it pretty difficult understanding the terms and conditions from the the Steeda website lol.

Anyway, thanks once again for clarifying the terms and conditions regarding the warranty policy..
Old 11/13/15, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bryanh24
So I think I have decided on the BMR lowering springs. But just for future reference, what are good quailty shocks and struts that go with the BMR? I am on a budget so nothing too expensive. Just wondering so I know how much it would be in total for everything. Thanks!
You made a really good decision in selecting the BMR lowering springs.. As for good quality shocks and springs are concerned ? I would personally select the Koni sport adjustable's as Koni's are considered as top quality dampers alongside Ford Racing Performance Parts, Steeda and Bilstein..
Old 11/13/15, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
You made a really good decision in selecting the BMR lowering springs.. As for good quality shocks and springs are concerned ? I would personally select the Koni sport adjustable's as Koni's are considered as top quality dampers alongside Ford Racing Performance Parts, Steeda and Bilstein..
Alright, and would I have to get shock and strut kit? If it is then I might just stay with the stock shocks and struts for a while. Any other cheaper brand shocks and struts that still have good quality? Thanks.
Old 11/13/15, 09:13 PM

Alright, and would I have to get shock and strut kit? If it is then I might just stay with the stock shocks and struts for a while. Any other cheaper brand shocks and struts that still have good quality? Thanks.
If you expect quality at a really great price ? Again I would recommend Koni as they also have a 25% sale every year beginning in either April or May and runs until the end of August if I recall correctly..

If your unable to get the entire strut and shock kit at the same time ? You can always purchase just one kit at time, which is exactly what I did..

I currently have just the Koni strut kit for right now and will purchase they're shock kit this upcoming spring..
Old 11/13/15, 09:22 PM

If you expect quality at a really great price ? Again I would recommend Koni as they also have a 25% sale every year beginning in either April or May and runs until the end of August if I recall correctly..

If your unable to get the entire strut and shock kit at the same time ? You can always purchase just one kit at time, which is exactly what I did..

I currently have just the Koni strut kit for right now and will purchase they're shock kit this upcoming spring..
Kit's as in you are just buying two of each correct? I can't find any strut kit, all I can see i just buying two struts, and same thing for the shocks. Also, about the panhard bar. Does the brand matter about the panhard bar? Because some are cheaper than the others. And could I just get the lowering springs first, and then if the rear axle shifts can I just order the panhard bar later on? Or is it mandatory to fix the rear axle the second it shifts over? Thanks.
Old 11/13/15, 11:59 PM

Kit's as in you are just buying two of each correct? I can't find any strut kit, all I can see i just buying two struts, and same thing for the shocks. Also, about the panhard bar. Does the brand matter about the panhard bar? Because some are cheaper than the others. And could I just get the lowering springs first, and then if the rear axle shifts can I just order the panhard bar later on? Or is it mandatory to fix the rear axle the second it shifts over? Thanks.
Yes, that is correct as in just two of each at a time.. 2 struts = 1 pair and 2 shocks = second pair or you purchase all 4 which is the dampering kit/package which consists of both shocks and struts combined..

Therefore you can always purchase the 2 struts separately and then get the shocks at a later time..

As for the panhard bar, IMO the brand does matter and I would recommend BMR, CHE performance, Steeda, Eibach, SR Performance or from Ford Racing Performance Parts..

And yes, you can always get the lowering springs first, which is exactly how I started out and then later upgraded to the Koni struts and strut mounts..

Just as I mentioned in my previous post, I currently still have the stock shocks for right now but will be upgrading to Koni shocks sometime in the spring..

I also haven't upgraded to an adjustable panhard bar just yet and still using the stock bar, but plan to upgrade to either a BMR, Steeda or Eibach bar around the same time I'll be doing my shock upgrade..

Although it's recommended to do an adjustable panhard bar upgrade, it is not mandatory, however depending on how much your car is lowered will also affect how much the rear axle will shift..

IMHO I would recommend starting out by upgrading your springs first, followed by upgrading to an adjustable panhard bar and then upgrade your struts and then finally do your shock upgrade last..

At any rate, If your budget only permits doing one upgrade at a time ? You have several different options in which to choose from just as I did

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 11/14/15 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11/14/15, 12:28 AM

Yes, that is correct as in just two of each at a time.. 2 struts = 1 pair and 2 shocks = second pair or you purchase all 4 which is the dampering kit/package which consists of both shocks and struts combined..

Therefore you can always purchase the 2 struts separately and then get the shocks at a later time..

As for the panhard bar, IMO the brand does matter and I would recommend BMR, CHE performance, Steeda, Eibach, SR Performance or from Ford Racing Performance Parts..

And yes, you can always get the lowering springs first, which is exactly how I started out and then later upgraded to the Koni struts and strut mounts..

Just as I mentioned in my previous post, I currently still have the stock shocks for right now but will be upgrading to Koni shocks sometime in the spring..

I also haven't upgraded to an adjustable panhard bar just yet and still using the stock bar, but plan to upgrade to either a BMR, Steeda or Eibach bar around the same time I'll be doing my shock upgrade..

Although it's recommended to do an adjustable panhard bar upgrade, it is not mandatory, however depending on how much your car is lowered will also affect how much the rear axle will shift..

IMHO I would recommend starting out by upgrading your springs first, followed by upgrading to an adjustable panhard bar and then upgrade your struts and then finally do your shock upgrade last..

At any rate, If your budget only permits doing one upgrade at a time ? You have several different options in which to choose from just as I did
Perfect! Hopefully I won't need a panhard bar but we will see once I lower it. But if I do need one I'll go with the SR performance one just BC the price is great. Thanks for the info!!
Old 11/14/15, 05:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You will need a panhard bar and I would recommend the BMR one as well just for ease of installation compared to the SR performance one.
Old 11/14/15, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
You will need a panhard bar and I would recommend the BMR one as well just for ease of installation compared to the SR performance one.
Oh ok, and is the BMR one easier to adjust for the rear axle?
Old 11/14/15, 11:39 AM

Oh ok, and is the BMR one easier to adjust for the rear axle?
I would say they're both about the same to adjust for the rear axle, so I would also recommend going with the BMR as well, especially if it's easier to install..

At any rate, I know that's what I'll be getting for my GT
Old 11/18/15, 07:30 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
I am torn between SR performance lowering springs and Steeda sport springs. Read all around and both seem like a very good product. This is my DD so ride quality is a must for me. Getting just the springs. So what do you guys think? Thanks!
Easy.

Steeda. Period.

I have Steeda Comp's even, adjustable. Love how they ride.

Had Ford K springs before. They were junk, from a ride, compliance, and height standpoint.
Old 11/18/15, 01:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Easy.

Steeda. Period.

I have Steeda Comp's even, adjustable. Love how they ride.

TJ
Old 11/18/15, 02:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Had Ford K springs before. They were junk, from a ride, compliance, and height standpoint.
Weird, when I bought them off you, you told me they rode great and you just didn't want to have it that low...
Old 11/18/15, 02:59 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Weird, when I bought them off you, you told me they rode great and you just didn't want to have it that low...
Yeah because I just started on those Steedas when I sold the K's to you.

Now I've had them on for how long? I don't remember when you bought them... a year? more?

Now that I have "seat time" in them, they ride so much better. I love em.

Last edited by FromZto5; 11/19/15 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11/18/15, 03:05 PM

I have Eibach Sportlines in with the stock struts and shocks. The car is low, really low. I would recommend doing shocks and struts with the spring swap. That's next on the list for me. I just ordered my Supercharger and one piece driveshaft today so that is first.
Old 11/18/15, 05:47 PM

Joe ! I know exactly where your coming from as I have the Eibach pro springs and was also running the stock suspension.. I've since upgraded to Koni yellow adjustable struts along with GT500 strut mounts..

My next upgrades will be: Koni yellow adj shocks, Steeda billet LCA's and BMR adjustable panhard bar..
Old 11/20/15, 08:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by laserred38
I've picked up a couple of gently used items from you... Thanks for not screwing me over