Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Base GT vs Premium GT interior

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/10, 12:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Drew2000
Oh, absolutely!..but I'm kinda "old skool" (probably more old than "skool"!) My first car was a hand-me-down 1970 Ford LTD with a 429. The total sum of the electronics on that car was the factory transitorized(!) push-button AM radio with a little "fader" **** near the parking brake release to balance the single dash and two rear-deck speakers. God I loved that car! (and the living-room sofa-sized rear seat)
I'm sure at the time there were people asking why they should bother with a radio at all.

People will always question new innovations and options, it all comes down to personal choice.
Old 8/21/10, 04:48 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Modshack
Wow...If that's the case I retract my statement. I'm used to dealing with Euro cars where power adds pretty minimal weight to the equation. I can't imagine electrics would add that much , but maybe they do. It doesn't take much of a motor to adjust a seat. I'll reserve my opinion until someone actually weighs them..
I just pulled seats last weekend so I know there is a difference ... Swapped Leather with another car and he did not have Power Passenger seat (which is why we swapped upholstery instead of seats). My passenger seat was definitely quite a bit heavier than his ...
Old 8/22/10, 08:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Freshmeat
I'm the other way around... I have a premium and in all honesty, could have saved the thousands on premium and other upgrades and just bought a base GT. Either way, it's crazy fast. My next will be base model with a cloth interior. While the leather isn't terrible, it's too much money for stuff I hardly notice when driving around. The 500w stereo is usually off so I can hear the exhaust anyway.

If you're really on the fence go with the base model and save your thousands. I didn't and kinda wish I had.
I had a 2007 130A (GT Deluxe) and now a 2011 300A (GT Base). You see how much I missed the Leather Interior and 500W Shaker Stereo. The Base doesnt have a Power Drivers Seat like the old Deluxe did but it is a 6-Way.

The only real gripe is the stock Steering Wheel. $300-400 will get you a new 2005-2009 Bullitt (Black Stitching) or GT500 (Red Stitching Wheel) that is leather covered and matches the style of the base wheel. You can often find like new Premium Leather Wheels for under $100 on ebay.
Old 8/22/10, 09:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CG205
One of the things that is important to me is how my car looks in the parking lot as I walk away from it, or back to it as I return. That is one reason I always drive convertibles in flashy colors. And just as important as the exterior is the interior. I want it to 'POP' when I open the door. You have to put a few more bucks into the purchase to get that, but I believe it is well worth it. Feels so good as you look around inside your car as you drive it.
I loooooove that interior! Just not crazy about the red wheel, I think it looks lonely on the dash Wish there were some way to even it out on the passenger side.