Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Anyone have a 2013 with the security package?

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/13, 06:02 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the windows shut, the alarm doesn't go off due to motion around the outside of the vehicle. Be very careful if the windows are open, a movement close to the outside of the window can still trigger the alarm.

FYI, to temporarily disable the motion sensor, lock the car physically using the key (in the driver's door). Both doors will lock, the outside lights will flash, and the motion sensor is deactivated until the system is again armed by the key fob, or locking the car using the power lock switch.

I don't know of a way to permanently disable the factory security system. I would imagine that would be difficult by design?
Old 7/9/13, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by JoesCat
With the windows shut, the alarm doesn't go off due to motion around the outside of the vehicle. Be very careful if the windows are open, a movement close to the outside of the window can still trigger the alarm.

FYI, to temporarily disable the motion sensor, lock the car physically using the key (in the driver's door). Both doors will lock, the outside lights will flash, and the motion sensor is deactivated until the system is again armed by the key fob, or locking the car using the power lock switch.

I don't know of a way to permanently disable the factory security system. I would imagine that would be difficult by design?
Thanks a lot! This is exactly the info I wanted. Some motion sensors detect light changes at the windows, and can go off if somebody peers in. On the other hand, if you use dark tint on the windows, this pretty much defeats that kind of perimeter monitoring system.

I don't want any false alarms, which you should NOT get with the factory system since there are no shock sensors which can be set off by a bump. And if you turn off the motion sensor, the only way the alarm will go off is if the doors, hood, or trunk are physically opened. So you could have kids playing around the car and the alarm shouldn't go off.

Although the OEM active security system kit in only around $125/155, if you have the dealer install it the labor rate is something like $130/hr and the job takes around 4 hrs. But there is a lifetime warrantee on parts if the dealer installs it. Now you may think for this price, you could have a Viper aftermarket system installed, with the one-mile paging system and ability to roll the windows up and down remotely. But the Viper system is basically a starter disable (which you don't need on a key immobilizer car), a shock sensor, and door/hood/trunk switches. An incline sensor and interior monitoring system isn't even included and is optional. And who needs to remotely open and close the windows?

Although it is far cheaper to select the factory option when you custom order the car, as many of you know, good deals are often on cars already built or on the lot, so you have no choice but to have the dealer install the active alarm system or do it yourself. I have heard though, that there are existing harness plugs in the trunk for this purpose.

I read a Google link about totally disarming the factory system by pressing a button on the control box. However the link didn't seem to be reliable (Ehow).

I also read somewhere that if you disconnect the battery (maybe for a long period of time), you get an error message on the security system and you have to take the car to the dealer? I also read that when you install the active alarm system at one point you have to take the car to the dealer to hook up to a computer. So even if you have a shop install the factory system, they may have to charge you $100 to go down to the dealer. Can anybody confirm that computer codes may have to be messed with if the car is equipped with the active alarm system?
Old 8/15/13, 10:56 PM
GT Member

I needed the vViper proximity sensor so I added the viper 2 way 3303v to my current factory alarm. I was informed that the Expressit kit which I had to have installed, interacts with the factory alarm system. This means that I can keep the factory tilt sensors activated instead of adding a mother sensor. I will let all know how this works out.